achilles return

us politics and elections thread

3,000 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Millennials don't have the voting power on their own to overcome Boomers, GenX, and the remnants of the Silent Generation. Help from GenZ and more of older generations dying off will be required.

We're living forever, my dumb young self (the Dems voter) died off, grew up, and got smarter.

Now I'm transforming into my robot/cyborg self...bionics wouldn't be bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

We're living forever, my dumb young self (the Dems voter) died off, grew up, and got smarter.

Now I'm transforming into my robot/cyborg self...bionics wouldn't be bad.

I hope Hillary and Obama are pallbearers at your funeral so they can let you down one final time.

Big_Dog likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mdrake34 said:

I hope Hillary and Obama are pallbearers at your funeral so they can let you down one final time.

I would be honored and obviously dead...because they are two of the last people I'd want in my kitchen, Cliff.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

We're living forever, my dumb young self (the Dems voter) died off, grew up, and got smarter.

Now I'm transforming into my robot/cyborg self...bionics wouldn't be bad.

Doubtful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Psychic Gibbon said:
A real bright future for the right in this country.

They'll shift to the right once they get a real job. Unfortunately for Millennials, Democrats are doing everything they can to keep them unemployed and living at home.

Does it bother anyone else that the left rely so heavily on uniformed, immature teens and 20-somethings to win elections? They're the easiest demographic to manipulate...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Worry not. Once GenZ gets to voting age they will join millennials in ignoring UFOs.

Most experts agree that Gen Z is turning into a conservative wave as backlash against the snowflake generation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Doozer said:

They'll shift to the right once they get a real job. Unfortunately for Millennials, Democrats are doing everything they can to keep them unemployed and living at home.

Does it bother anyone else that the left rely so heavily on uniformed, immature teens and 20-somethings to win elections? They're the easiest demographic to manipulate...

That doesn't follow the trends of the generation. If anything they have shifted further to the left as they have aged. Likewise, the easiest demographic to manipulate appears to be middle aged to elderly white conservatives. There are entire media empires dedicated to that task.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Doozer said:

Most experts agree that Gen Z is turning into a conservative wave as backlash against the snowflake generation.

That opinion seems to revolve around a Forbes article and **** /pol/ says, so it's not worth paying any mind to.

Every other indicator is that GenZ is more socially progressive (PC) than millennials are. Where they fall on the economic spectrum remains to be seen since most of them are still teenagers, though it stands to reason that since not much is going to change in the near future they'll be subjected to the same factors that have pushed millennials to the left on economic matters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This reminds me of articles from when I was in high school that said we (millennials) were very conservative or libertarians because Ron Paul or something. Fast forward to now, it's firmly established that this was not the case and was just wishful thinking from conservative punditry. Instead, the generation is recognized as, by and large, aligned to the left and are big proponents of eating ***.

mfaulk57158 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Gen z is supposed to be particularly reactive to snowflakery, I wonder how they feel about President Snowflake, a man who unlike say their parents, they aren't socially conditioned thru 30 years of tv to unquestionably assume he is a some sort of business genius.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, (((Billy Ocean))) said:

So many male millennials fall on the brokeass end of the economic spectrum that it makes millennial women easy pickings.

WtU9eDD.png

There's probably a strong correlation between the women that freely shack up with a 40 year old from Brunswick and their ability to attract anything other than a broke *** millenial. 

Edit. 40 ain't a shot. I've got no idea how old you are now that I think about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, WOR said:

There's probably a strong correlation between the women that freely shack up with a 40 year old from Brunswick and their ability to attract anything other than a broke *** millenial. 

Edit. 40 ain't a shot. I've got no idea how old you are now that I think about it. 

Naw all my wimminz are gainfully employed. Well one is in school and does Instagram endorsements. I see a lot of millennial women clowning millennial men irl and on social media though.

I'm on St Simons. Some people spend their whole lives working in Atlanta just to move down here to die. ^_^ But I've been thinking about moving back up there. I'm in town part of every month now. Once I advance into my 40s, Atlanta will be fruitful grounds when I begin my sugar daddy phase. 

Why you in boring *** Johns Creek though? You're too young for the suburbs. But you seem to be doing better than most millennials if you can afford a house there, unless @SpongeDad was your cosigner or something.

SpongeDad likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AF89 said:

If Gen z is supposed to be particularly reactive to snowflakery, I wonder how they feel about President Snowflake, a man who unlike say their parents, they aren't socially conditioned thru 30 years of tv to unquestionably assume he is a some sort of business genius.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump and his son should have stayed home and the results might have been better.

Democrat winner in Pennsylvania upset, deals blow to Trump and GOP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, big_dog said:

Trump and his son should have stayed home and the results might have been better.

Democrat winner in Pennsylvania upset, deals blow to Trump and GOP

I honestly think the "Democrats hate god" comments are what possibly a factor that pushed it over. I know the polling was favorable before that (and it was a red district) but you never ever ever motivate the other side into hating you on such a personal level that they buy instant gratification just by seeing you to a loss, especially when Dems were absolutely  dependent a high turnout of what base they had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, AF89 said:

I honestly think the "Democrats hate god" comments are what possibly a factor that pushed it over. I know the polling was favorable before that (and it was a red district) but you never ever ever motivate the other side into hating you on such a personal level that they buy instant gratification just by seeing you to a loss, especially when Dems were absolutely  dependent a high turnout of what base they had.

"Democrats hate god" was an A$inine statement to make. I believe in Karma and Karma kicked his butt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, big_dog said:

Trump and his son should have stayed home and the results might have been better.

Democrat winner in Pennsylvania upset, deals blow to Trump and GOP

Nah, the only thing that would have made a difference is better GOP turnout.  Lamb won Allegheny county and that's it.  Everyone knew he'd win that county big, Hillary won that county big.  Just another shining example of the Apportionment Act of 1911 and everything horrible it brings with it (and that's not because a Democrat won btw)

...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, capologist said:

Nah, the only thing that would have made a difference is better GOP turnout.  Lamb won Allegheny county and that's it.  Everyone knew he'd win that county big, Hillary won that county big.  Just another shining example of the Apportionment Act of 1911 and everything horrible it brings with it (and that's not because a Democrat won btw)

...

Here's why the Pennsylvania special election result should freak out Republicans

There's been a lot of either-or argument over what the future of the Democratic Party should be. Should Democrats seek to build a coalition of college-educated suburbanites plus white urbanites and minorities, or should they try to win back blue-collar white voters who have fallen away from the party in recent decades?

In the special election on Tuesday in Pennsylvania's 18th Congressional District, a place where President Trump won by 20 points in 2016, likely winner Democrat Conor Lamb showed Democrats don't have to choose. He managed to do three things at once:

  • Maintain gains that Hillary Clinton made in affluent, educated suburban areas in 2016,
  • Regain working-class voters who picked Barack Obama in 2008 or 2012 but rejected Clinton in 2016, and
  • Win over voters who rejected Obama and Clinton in all three elections.

These results should hearten Democrats and scare Republicans, especially when examined on a town-by-town basis.

Consider, for example, Mt. Lebanon, an affluent and highly educated Pittsburgh suburb that's included in the 18th. Obama took 54% of the two-party vote here in 2012.

Despite losing the state, Clinton improved strongly on Obama's performance in Mt. Lebanon, as she did in many suburban, well-to-do areas in Pennsylvania. She got 64% of the two-party vote.

On Tuesday, Conor Lamb got 72%.

Now consider Franklin Township in rural Greene County, where the median family income is less than half what it is in Mt. Lebanon.

While this area of Pennsylvania has a Democratic tradition, recent Democratic presidential nominees have done poorly here. Barack Obama got 34% of the two-party vote, and Hillary Clinton got just 28%.

Conor Lamb managed 43% on Tuesday.

That is, he did better than Clinton where Clinton did better than Obama, and better than Obama where Obama did better than Clinton.

Now, imagine that laid out across the country: Democratic candidates holding together the Clinton coalition, while rebuilding the Obama coalition and then adding on some new voters who weren't part of either.

This result bodes well in places like Orange County, California, and central New Jersey: affluent suburbs where Clinton won in spite of a long Republican tradition. And it bodes just as well in places like eastern Iowa — and other Rust Belt districts like Pennsylvania's 18th — where Democrats have lost their previous strength.

This is just one election result, though it's in line with many other special election results where Democrats have strongly outperformed their 2016 results. But it's one that should make Republicans feel bad about their odds in November — and one that should make Democrats reconsider how much they really need to fight among themselves about the future direction of the Democratic coalition.

http://www.businessinsider.com/conor-lamb-rick-saccone-pennsylvania-special-election-should-terrify-republicans-2018-3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Republicans have screwed up the country with Trump leading the circus parade. They will be reconed with as voters vote with common sense. Look out R's in 2018 mid-terms. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, big_dog said:

Republicans have screwed up the country with Trump leading the circus parade. They will be reconed with as voters vote with common sense. Look out R's in 2018 mid-terms. 

This country got screwed up long before Trump was even born...

mfaulk57158 and lostone like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now