achilles return

us politics and elections thread

3,000 posts in this topic

Just now, GEORGIAfan said:

Welp. This will not be done until tomorrow at the earliest. 

I think this race makes it especially hard to swallow because it is suppose to be "Trump Country". This district is full of working class voters and is 95.8% white.  

It definitely complicates things for Republicans. Do you embrace Trump.....do you not embrace Trump? 

I really hope Dems don't model themselves after Lamb though.

Just now, AF89 said:

Reminder that Trump crashed major economic changes just to influence this temporary election :ninja:

I really think they're stupid enough to have this be their takeaway.

One negative to the the wins in VA, Alabama, and potentially this are that Democrats will think these super moderate corporate Dems are the way to go. They need to realize that a lot of people are voting for these people just because they're not Republican and that this is the chance to move the national discourse left, assuming that's what they even want.

8 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

It definitely complicates things for Republicans. Do you embrace Trump.....do you not embrace Trump? 

I really hope Dems don't model themselves after Lamb though.

Looks like most are going in the not embrace trump route. 

Whats wrong with lamb?

11 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Looks like most are going in the not embrace trump route. 

Whats wrong with lamb?

I don't think there's anything wrong with Lamb. He seems perfect for his district. Seems like the perfect Dem to represent his people. I just don't know that his approach works at a national level. Where he's at in Trump country though it works perfectly.

Can't wait for tomorrow's Trump/Jr tweet claiming Lamb's victory is actually a proxy win for MAGA cause he's conservative Democrat and also they beat the polling :ninja:

9 hours ago, Jpowers said:

I don't think there's anything wrong with Lamb. He seems perfect for his district. Seems like the perfect Dem to represent his people. I just don't know that his approach works at a national level. Where he's at in Trump country though it works perfectly.

Oh, I thought you were talking about other districts like Lamb's. Yea Lamb would not work on the national stage. 

With that being said there is a lot Dems across the country could learn from him.

4 minutes ago, Boner said:

Change the record.  This song sucks.

I have approximately 700 vinyl's with original Beatles and Hendrix among the collection.

No @JDaveG they are not for sale...maybe one day I'll gift you one of the finer in my collection just because of who you are on here.

JDaveG likes this

12 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

You said that when HRC was going to win. :D

Millennials don't have the voting power on their own to overcome Boomers, GenX, and the remnants of the Silent Generation. Help from GenZ and more of older generations dying off will be required.

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I have approximately 700 vinyl's with original Beatles and Hendrix among the collection.

No @JDaveG they are not for sale...maybe one day I'll gift you one of the finer in my collection just because of who you are on here.

Well, maybe try something new.  Saying the same thing 1000 times in a row makes sense if you are 7 years old.

38 minutes ago, Boner said:

Well, maybe try something new.  Saying the same thing 1000 times in a row makes sense if you are 7 years old.

I only read Mandarin Chinese...maybe that translates differently when speaking of 700 vinyl records?