achilles return

us politics and elections thread

3,000 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

It'd be a really bad sign for Republicans if this was just polling as a tie.

The best part about PA-18 is how unimportant it is in the grand scheme of things. The district will not exist come November, and Conor's new district is much more equal. Also, Conor winning does not magically stop House Republicans from passing what they want.  That still hasn't stopped outside Republican groups from dropping serious cash on this race. 

5 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

The best part about PA-18 is how unimportant it is in the grand scheme of things. The district will not exist come November, and Conor's new district is much more equal. Also, Conor winning does not magically stop House Republicans from passing what they want.  That still hasn't stopped outside Republican groups from dropping serious cash on this race. 

It makes even less sense considering how the 18th district will be located come November.

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 2:26 PM, Boner said:

Yeah, it's strange how you are parroting something that's been repeated on AM radio every day for the past 30 years. I just can't believe it.

Once a parrot always a parrot. :tiphat:

21 minutes ago, WOR said:

They're not even waiting for polls to close before starting this ish now. 

Dude the super soldier boot camp was intense! When do I get soros money for my 10 votes I cast?

5 minutes ago, lostone said:

Dude the super soldier boot camp was intense! When do I get soros money for my 10 votes I cast?

The Soros camp contacted me and I politely declined.  They asked why?  I said it's been 40 years since I made $15 an hour, then I said this...

5 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Did they get rid of the needle?

God I hope so.

No matter how this goes down Dems have made up an absolute **** ton of ground in a year +.

10 minutes ago, AF89 said:

So wasn't their an election tonight to see who hated God more and got to be a congressman for 3 months or something?

Lamb is up by about 1200 votes with 4-5% of precincts left. It could go either way, but overall good night for Dems even if Lamb does not pull through. To be this close in a district that Trump won by +20 and Romney +17 has to make a lot of Republicans sick to their stomach. 

7 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Lamb is up by about 1200 votes with 4-5% of precincts left. It could go either way, but overall good night for Dems even if Lamb does not pull through. To be this close in a district that Trump won by +20 and Romney +17 has to make a lot of Republicans sick to their stomach. 

The large scale picture has to scare the **** out of Republicans.

Welp. This will not be done until tomorrow at the earliest. 

10 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

The large scale picture has to scare the **** out of Republicans.

I think this race makes it especially hard to swallow because it is suppose to be "Trump Country". This district is full of working class voters and is 95.8% white.