achilles return

us politics and elections thread

3,000 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

She actually might not have made the primary had they not gotten involved. Westin and moser were basically neck and neck with absentee and early voting, but she crushed him in Election Day voting. 

DXpenI7X4AAyNz8.jpg

2 minutes ago, HMFIC said:

HA !   "Most everyone else" !  You mean the Desperate Democrats who have lost over 1100 seats in local, State and National elections over the last eight years ?  THAT  "Everybody else " ?  A typical quote by a Delusional Democrat.  Trump is making FOOLS out of the lefties/

Does this include the elections over 2017-18?

22 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Seems like they're shooting a blank load early again...

DXtXrUPW0AAP1LA.jpg

DWqDsqlXkAUMShx.jpg

Remember what I told you young grasshopper. 

7 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

My Offer for a 2018 midterm bet is still on the table. 

I thought we already bet?  You said the Dems would take over the house and senate, we had a month long sig bet.  

17 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I thought we already bet?  You said the Dems would take over the house and senate, we had a month long sig bet.  

Never agreed to that.  I said one of us would make the wager the other would set the punishment and was willing to let you pick which one you wanted to do. 

We only currently have a 2020 bet that is 6 months. 

44 minutes ago, Dago 3.0 said:

it's cute that you all act like one side or the other gives a **** about you

I've been saying this for years...still one tries to find the lessor of two evils and I've voted for both sides and I am still searching.

Just now, achilles return said:

the important part is that you've found a way to feel superior to both

I would like to offer up Exhibit A for the record

now here is a pat on the head and a lollipop 

1 minute ago, Dago 3.0 said:

I would like to offer up Exhibit A for the record

now here is a pat on the head and a lollipop 

i get that you're going for enlightened detachment, but honestly it just comes across as dumb

no one in this thread that you're trying to put beneath you cares one iota about much other than policy. policy matters,

the bottom line is that there is a chasm of difference between the policies of one party and the other, and even if that difference at the moment doesn't account for much more than "far-right hellscape" and "mediocre status-quo" it's still something a lot of us deem worth fighting for.

rushing in here to thread**** just makes you look like a petty *******, real talk. absolutely no one cares about how much smarter you believe you are than everyone else. if you're not going to contribute to a discussion, why are you even here? 

WOR likes this

23 minutes ago, achilles return said:

i get that you're going for enlightened detachment, but honestly it just comes across as dumb

no one in this thread that you're trying to put beneath you cares one iota about much other than policy. policy matters,

the bottom line is that there is a chasm of difference between the policies of one party and the other, and even if that difference at the moment doesn't account for much more than "far-right hellscape" and "mediocre status-quo" it's still something a lot of us deem worth fighting for.

rushing in here to thread**** just makes you look like a petty *******, real talk. absolutely no one cares about how much smarter you believe you are than everyone else. if you're not going to contribute to a discussion, why are you even here? 

the most amusing part of your post is how hypocritical you are. you regularly talk down to people in here and act like your opinion is the be all end all

and you criticizing others for doing the same crap you do just makes you look like a petty ******, real talk. 

no, dago, i've never marched into a thread and done the equivalent of  "heh, y'all are so cute (look how much smarter i am by not participating)"

because that's a supremely childish thing to do. you know how i react to threads i don't care about? i just ignore them.

25 minutes ago, achilles return said:

no, dago, i've never marched into a thread and done the equivalent of  "heh, y'all are so cute (look how much smarter i am by not participating)"

because that's a supremely childish thing to do. you know how i react to threads i don't care about? i just ignore them.

hit dog will holler since now you are qualifying your previous statement.

so your method of acting superior and looking down on people is ok. I'm so glad you are clearing up the rules in here for me. We can act like sanctimonious ***** provided we do it in a way that achilles deems acceptable.

message received!  

In lieu of California's recent declaration of being a sanctuary state and foregoing the rule of law, is it time we think about temporarily taking away their electoral vote (they keep their popular vote) until they comply with federal law?

55 minutes ago, Dago 3.0 said:

hit dog will holler since now you are qualifying your previous statement.

so your method of acting superior and looking down on people is ok. I'm so glad you are clearing up the rules in here for me. We can act like sanctimonious ***** provided we do it in a way that achilles deems acceptable.

message received!  

yeah i said none of these things, and i've never walked into a thread and insulted everyone in it simply for participating. 

whatever problem you have with me shouldn't be cover for that kind of behavior. nothing about how we interact forces you to do anything. act like an adult, dude.