achilles return

us politics and elections thread

2,948 posts in this topic

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 5:44 AM, WhenFalconsWin said:

How in dafug can they predict rashes with such a straight face?

Thought you needed to see a current FOX poll.

How about Fox News polls demonstrating that every major Democratic candidate kicks Trump’s Asz.   :tiphat:

The poll found Trump with 39 percent support among registered voters in head-to-head matchups against Sens. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), and Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.). The poll found Sanders beating Trump with 48 percent, Warren winning over Trump with 45 percent and Harris winning with 46 percent support. Former Vice President Joe Biden, meanwhile, beat Trump in the theoretical matchup with 50 percent support among those surveyed, compared to Trump’s 38 percent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

Thought you needed to see a current FOX poll.

How about Fox News polls demonstrating that every major Democratic candidate kicks Trump’s Asz.   :tiphat:

The poll found Trump with 39 percent support among registered voters in head-to-head matchups against Sens. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), and Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.). The poll found Sanders beating Trump with 48 percent, Warren winning over Trump with 45 percent and Harris winning with 46 percent support. Former Vice President Joe Biden, meanwhile, beat Trump in the theoretical matchup with 50 percent support among those surveyed, compared to Trump’s 38 percent.

Good morning young man, WFW being nice.

Aw shucks, I'm not going to discuss Trump and polls, that let you down last time.

Trump is not your normal politician, polls, standard rules do not apply to how things go with him, and that includes the fake/scm/Dems 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Good morning young man, WFW being nice.

Aw shucks, I'm not going to discuss Trump and polls, that let you down last time.

Trump is not your normal politician, polls, standard rules do not apply to how things go with him, and that includes the fake/scm/Dems 

You are right, he's not your normal politician. How many overtly racist, self serving politicians make it let alone get elected for a 2nd term? Time will tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

You are right, he's not your normal politician. How many overtly racist, self serving politicians make it let alone get elected for a 2nd term? Time will tell.

You are a parrot, the Dems tell you what to say and they pull a string and you say it...:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Big_Dog said:

You are right, he's not your normal politician. How many overtly racist, self serving politicians make it let alone get elected for a 2nd term? Time will tell.

This is the strongest argument for me to vote for Trump.  The power of destroying someone by screaming racism must be diminished.   How does a guy have this level of fame for fifty years, pal around with all of the top level democrats and civil rights leaders then suddenly becomes a white nationalist.  Trump has been nationally famous since the mid 70's without any accusations of racism, then suddenly in June 2016 he is Hitler.  

WhenFalconsWin likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Flip Flop said:

This is the strongest argument for me to vote for Trump.  The power of destroying someone by screaming racism must be diminished.   How does a guy have this level of fame for fifty years, pal around with all of the top level democrats and civil rights leaders then suddenly becomes a white nationalist.  Trump has been nationally famous since the mid 70's without any accusations of racism, then suddenly in June 2016 he is Hitler.  

 The time frame you are speaking of, he was at his conartist best. Now in the Presidents seat all you have to do is listen with your ears wide open. The smart ones see his racism daily. Take off your blinders and MAGA hat unless you support him non the less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The latest Rasmussen Reports Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows that 46% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Fifty-four percent (54%) disapprove. This gives a Presidential Approval Index rating of -10.

Trump's 46% includes not only White Nationalists/Racists, but also a percentage of Whites who aren't racist but don't' care if they vote for one. If any of this second population are TRUE Christians or Jews, he just may have lost them with the King of Israel and Second Coming bologna.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

The latest Rasmussen Reports Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows that 46% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Fifty-four percent (54%) disapprove. This gives a Presidential Approval Index rating of -10.

Trump's 46% includes not only White Nationalists/Racists, but also a percentage of Whites who aren't racist but don't' care if they vote for one. If any of this second population are TRUE Christians or Jews, he just may have lost them with the King of Israel and Second Coming bologna.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2019 at 1:51 PM, Flip Flop said:

This is the strongest argument for me to vote for Trump.  The power of destroying someone by screaming racism must be diminished.   How does a guy have this level of fame for fifty years, pal around with all of the top level democrats and civil rights leaders then suddenly becomes a white nationalist.  Trump has been nationally famous since the mid 70's without any accusations of racism, then suddenly in June 2016 he is Hitler.  

^lol, Trump's been a racist for decades.  Not knowing isn't that same as not existing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2019 at 1:51 PM, Flip Flop said:

This is the strongest argument for me to vote for Trump.  The power of destroying someone by screaming racism must be diminished.   How does a guy have this level of fame for fifty years, pal around with all of the top level democrats and civil rights leaders then suddenly becomes a white nationalist.  Trump has been nationally famous since the mid 70's without any accusations of racism, then suddenly in June 2016 he is Hitler.  

This is what the Dems do when they have nothing to run on except identity politics.

The same thing happened to Dubya (who was a world leader in combating AIDS in Africa) they called him Hitler/racists you know, that's what all racists would do, work to save minorities all over the world.

Nothing new to see here, this is what the Dems do. Look at how Kavanaugh was a drug filled rapist. They are a sad lot.

Beef likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2019 at 9:23 AM, Big_Dog said:

The latest Rasmussen Reports Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows that 46% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Fifty-four percent (54%) disapprove. This gives a Presidential Approval Index rating of -10.

Trump's 46% includes not only White Nationalists/Racists, but also a percentage of Whites who aren't racist but don't' care if they vote for one. If any of this second population are TRUE Christians or Jews, he just may have lost them with the King of Israel and Second Coming bologna.

 

It makes one wonder why so many people want to see Trump. You know. record breaking crowds. Much more than go to see the Dems speak. Isn't that strange ? You don't suppose the numbers are wrong do you ? No way polls are always right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, caver50 said:

It makes one wonder why so many people want to see Trump. You know. record breaking crowds. Much more than go to see the Dems speak. Isn't that strange ? You don't suppose the numbers are wrong do you ? No way polls are always right.

Trumps numbers are always lies. And the only way you can trust a poll is if the quantity of people polled are huge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 8:18 AM, WhenFalconsWin said:

This is what the Dems do when they have nothing to run on except identity politics.

The same thing happened to Dubya (who was a world leader in combating AIDS in Africa) they called him Hitler/racists you know, that's what all racists would do, work to save minorities all over the world.

Nothing new to see here, this is what the Dems do. Look at how Kavanaugh was a drug filled rapist. They are a sad lot.

:flush:    Trump has been racist for decades. Here is his history if you dare read it Nostradumbass:

Trump has a long history of racist controversies dating back to 1973

Here’s a breakdown of Trump’s history, taken largely from Dara Lind’s list for Vox and an op-ed by Nicholas Kristof in the New York Times:

  • 1973: The US Department of Justice — under the Nixon administration, out of all administrations — sued the Trump Management Corporation for violating the Fair Housing Act. Federal officials found evidence that Trump had refused to rent to black tenants and lied to black applicants about whether apartments were available, among other accusations. Trump said the federal government was trying to get him to rent to welfare recipients. In the aftermath, he signed an agreement in 1975 agreeing not to discriminate to renters of color without admitting to discriminating before.
  • 1980s: Kip Brown, a former employee at Trump’s Castle, accused another one of Trump’s businesses of discrimination. “When Donald and Ivana came to the casino, the bosses would order all the black people off the floor,” Brown said. “It was the eighties, I was a teenager, but I remember it: They put us all in the back.”
  • 1988: In a commencement speech at Lehigh University, Trump spent much of his speech accusing countries like Japan of “stripping the United States of economic dignity.” This matches much of his current rhetoric on China.
  • 1989: In a controversial case that’s been characterized as a modern-day lynching, four black teenagers and one Latino teenager — the “Central Park Five” — were accused of attacking and raping a jogger in New York City. Trump immediately took charge in the case, running an ad in local papers demanding, “BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY. BRING BACK OUR POLICE!” The teens’ convictions were later vacated after they spent seven to 13 years in prison, and the city paid $41 million in a settlement to the teens. But Trump in October 2016 said he still believes they’re guilty, despite the DNA evidence to the contrary.
  • 1991: A book by John O’Donnell, former president of Trump Plaza Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City, quoted Trump’s criticism of a black accountant: “Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day. … I think that the guy is lazy. And it’s probably not his fault, because laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that. It’s not anything they can control.” Trump at first denied the remarks, but later said in a 1997 Playboy interview that “the stuff O’Donnell wrote about me is probably true.”
  • 1992: The Trump Plaza Hotel and Casino had to pay a $200,000 fine because it transferred black and women dealers off tables to accommodate a big-time gambler’s prejudices.
  • 1993: In congressional testimony, Trump said that some Native American reservations operating casinos shouldn’t be allowed because “they don’t look like Indians to me.”
  • 2000: In opposition to a casino proposed by the St. Regis Mohawk tribe, which he saw as a financial threat to his casinos in Atlantic City, Trump secretly ran a series of ads suggesting the tribe had a “record of criminal activity [that] is well documented.”
  • 2004: In season two of The Apprentice, Trump fired Kevin Allen, a black contestant, for being overeducated. “You’re an unbelievably talented guy in terms of education, and you haven’t done anything,” Trump said on the show. “At some point you have to say, ‘That’s enough.’”
  • 2005: Trump publicly pitched what was essentially The Apprentice: White People vs. Black People. He said he “wasn’t particularly happy” with the most recent season of his show, so he was considering “an idea that is fairly controversial — creating a team of successful African Americans versus a team of successful whites. Whether people like that idea or not, it is somewhat reflective of our very vicious world.”
  • 2010: In 2010, there was a huge national controversy over the “Ground Zero Mosque” — a proposal to build a Muslim community center in Lower Manhattan, near the site of the 9/11 attacks. Trump opposed the project, calling it “insensitive,” and offered to buy out one of the investors in the project. On The Late Show With David Letterman, Trump argued, referring to Muslims, “Well, somebody’s blowing us up. Somebody’s blowing up buildings, and somebody’s doing lots of bad stuff.”
  • 2011: Trump played a big role in pushing false rumors that Obama — the country’s first black president — was not born in the US. He even sent investigators to Hawaii to look into Obama’s birth certificate. Obama later released his birth certificate, calling Trump a ”carnival barker.” (The research has found a strong correlation between “birtherism,” as this conspiracy theory is called, and racism.) Trump has reportedly continued pushing this conspiracy theory in private.
  • 2011: While Trump suggested that Obama wasn’t born in the US, he also argued that maybe Obama wasn’t a good enough student to have gotten into Columbia or Harvard Law School, and demanded Obama release his university transcripts. Trump claimed, “I heard he was a terrible student. Terrible. How does a bad student go to Columbia and then to Harvard?”

For many people, none of these incidents, individually, may be totally ****ing: One of these alone might suggest that Trump is simply a bad speaker and perhaps racially insensitive (“politically incorrect,” as he would put it), but not overtly racist.

But when you put all these events together, a clear pattern emerges. At the very least, Trump has a history of playing into people’s racism to bolster himself — and that likely says something about him too.

And of course, there’s everything that’s happened through and since his presidential campaign.

As a candidate and president, Trump has made many more racist comments

On top of all that history, Trump has repeatedly made racist — often explicitly so — remarks on the campaign trail and as president:

  • Trump launched his campaign in 2015 by calling Mexican immigrants “rapists” who are “bringing crime” and “bringing drugs” to the US. His campaign was largely built on building a wall to keep these immigrants out of the US.
  • As a candidate in 2015, Trump called for a ban on all Muslims coming into the US. His administration eventually implemented a significantly watered-down version of the policy.
  • When asked at a 2016 Republican debate whether all 1.6 billion Muslims hate the US, Trump said, “I mean a lot of them. I mean a lot of them.”
  • He argued in 2016 that Judge Gonzalo Curiel — who was overseeing the Trump University lawsuit — should recuse himself from the case because of his Mexican heritage and membership in a Latino lawyers association. House Speaker Paul Ryan, who endorsed Trump, later called such comments “the textbook definition of a racist comment.”
  • Trump has been repeatedly slow to condemn white supremacists who endorse him, and he regularly retweeted messages from white supremacists and neo-Nazis during his presidential campaign.
  • He tweeted and later deleted an image that showed Hillary Clinton in front of a pile of money and by a Jewish Star of David that said, “Most Corrupt Candidate Ever!” The tweet had some very obvious anti-Semitic imagery, but Trump insisted that the star was a sheriff’s badge, and said his campaign shouldn’t have deleted it.
  • Trump has repeatedly referred to Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) as “Pocahontas,” using her controversial — and later walked-back — claims to Native American heritage as a punchline.
  • At the 2016 Republican convention, Trump officially seized the mantle of the “law and order” candidate — an obvious dog whistle playing to white fears of black crime, even though crime in the US is historically low. His speeches, comments, and executive actions after he took office have continued this line of messaging.
  • In a pitch to black voters in 2016, Trump said, “You’re living in poverty, your schools are no good, you have no jobs, 58 percent of your youth is unemployed. What the **** do you have to lose?”
  • Trump stereotyped a black reporter at a press conference in February 2017. When April Ryan asked him if he plans to meet and work with the Congressional Black Caucus, he repeatedly asked her to set up the meeting — even as she insisted that she’s “just a reporter.”
  • In the week after white supremacist protests in Charlottesville, Virginia, in August 2017, Trump repeatedly said that “many sides” and “both sides” were to blame for the violence and chaos that ensued — suggesting that the white supremacist protesters were morally equivalent to counterprotesters that stood against racism. He also said that there were “some very fine people” among the white supremacists. All of this seemed like a dog whistle to white supremacists — and many of them took it as one, with white nationalist Richard Spencer praising Trump for “defending the truth.”
  • Throughout 2017, Trump repeatedly attacked NFL players who, by kneeling or otherwise silently protesting during the national anthem, demonstrated against systemic racism in America.
  • Trump reportedly said in 2017 that people who came to the US from Haiti “all have AIDS,” and he lamented that people who came to the US from Nigeria would never “go back to their huts” once they saw America. The White House denied that Trump ever made these comments.
  • Speaking about immigration in a bipartisan meeting in January 2018, Trump reportedly asked, in reference to Haiti and African countries, “Why are we having all these people from ****hole countries come here?” He then reportedly suggested that the US should take more people from countries like Norway. The implication: Immigrants from predominantly white countries are good, while immigrants from predominantly black countries are bad.
  • Trump denied making the “****hole” comments, although some senators present at the meeting said they happened. The White House, meanwhile, suggested that the comments, like Trump’s remarks about the NFL protests, will play well to his base. The only connection between Trump’s remarks about the NFL protests and his “****hole” comments is race.
  • Trump mocked Elizabeth Warren’s presidential campaign, again calling her “Pocahontas” in a tweet before adding, “See you on the campaign TRAIL, Liz!” The capitalized “TRAIL” is seemingly a reference to the Trail of Tears — a horrific act of ethnic cleansing in the 19th century in which Native Americans were forcibly relocated, causing thousands of deaths.
  • Trump tweeted that several black and brown members of Congress — Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY), Ayanna Pressley (D-MA), Ilhan Omar (D-MN), and Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) — are “from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe” and that they should “go back” to those countries. It’s a common racist trope to say that black and brown people, particularly immigrants, should go back to their countries of origin. Three of four of the members of Congress whom Trump targeted were born in the US.

This list is not comprehensive, instead relying on some of the major examples since Trump announced his candidacy. But once again, there’s a pattern of racism and bigotry here that suggests Trump isn’t just misspeaking; it is who he is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

:flush:    Trump has been racist for decades. Here is his history if you dare read it Nostradumbass:

Trump has a long history of racist controversies dating back to 1973

Here’s a breakdown of Trump’s history, taken largely from Dara Lind’s list for Vox and an op-ed by Nicholas Kristof in the New York Times:

  • 1973: The US Department of Justice — under the Nixon administration, out of all administrations — sued the Trump Management Corporation for violating the Fair Housing Act. Federal officials found evidence that Trump had refused to rent to black tenants and lied to black applicants about whether apartments were available, among other accusations. Trump said the federal government was trying to get him to rent to welfare recipients. In the aftermath, he signed an agreement in 1975 agreeing not to discriminate to renters of color without admitting to discriminating before.
  • 1980s: Kip Brown, a former employee at Trump’s Castle, accused another one of Trump’s businesses of discrimination. “When Donald and Ivana came to the casino, the bosses would order all the black people off the floor,” Brown said. “It was the eighties, I was a teenager, but I remember it: They put us all in the back.”
  • 1988: In a commencement speech at Lehigh University, Trump spent much of his speech accusing countries like Japan of “stripping the United States of economic dignity.” This matches much of his current rhetoric on China.
  • 1989: In a controversial case that’s been characterized as a modern-day lynching, four black teenagers and one Latino teenager — the “Central Park Five” — were accused of attacking and raping a jogger in New York City. Trump immediately took charge in the case, running an ad in local papers demanding, “BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY. BRING BACK OUR POLICE!” The teens’ convictions were later vacated after they spent seven to 13 years in prison, and the city paid $41 million in a settlement to the teens. But Trump in October 2016 said he still believes they’re guilty, despite the DNA evidence to the contrary.
  • 1991: A book by John O’Donnell, former president of Trump Plaza Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City, quoted Trump’s criticism of a black accountant: “Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day. … I think that the guy is lazy. And it’s probably not his fault, because laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that. It’s not anything they can control.” Trump at first denied the remarks, but later said in a 1997 Playboy interview that “the stuff O’Donnell wrote about me is probably true.”
  • 1992: The Trump Plaza Hotel and Casino had to pay a $200,000 fine because it transferred black and women dealers off tables to accommodate a big-time gambler’s prejudices.
  • 1993: In congressional testimony, Trump said that some Native American reservations operating casinos shouldn’t be allowed because “they don’t look like Indians to me.”
  • 2000: In opposition to a casino proposed by the St. Regis Mohawk tribe, which he saw as a financial threat to his casinos in Atlantic City, Trump secretly ran a series of ads suggesting the tribe had a “record of criminal activity [that] is well documented.”
  • 2004: In season two of The Apprentice, Trump fired Kevin Allen, a black contestant, for being overeducated. “You’re an unbelievably talented guy in terms of education, and you haven’t done anything,” Trump said on the show. “At some point you have to say, ‘That’s enough.’”
  • 2005: Trump publicly pitched what was essentially The Apprentice: White People vs. Black People. He said he “wasn’t particularly happy” with the most recent season of his show, so he was considering “an idea that is fairly controversial — creating a team of successful African Americans versus a team of successful whites. Whether people like that idea or not, it is somewhat reflective of our very vicious world.”
  • 2010: In 2010, there was a huge national controversy over the “Ground Zero Mosque” — a proposal to build a Muslim community center in Lower Manhattan, near the site of the 9/11 attacks. Trump opposed the project, calling it “insensitive,” and offered to buy out one of the investors in the project. On The Late Show With David Letterman, Trump argued, referring to Muslims, “Well, somebody’s blowing us up. Somebody’s blowing up buildings, and somebody’s doing lots of bad stuff.”
  • 2011: Trump played a big role in pushing false rumors that Obama — the country’s first black president — was not born in the US. He even sent investigators to Hawaii to look into Obama’s birth certificate. Obama later released his birth certificate, calling Trump a ”carnival barker.” (The research has found a strong correlation between “birtherism,” as this conspiracy theory is called, and racism.) Trump has reportedly continued pushing this conspiracy theory in private.
  • 2011: While Trump suggested that Obama wasn’t born in the US, he also argued that maybe Obama wasn’t a good enough student to have gotten into Columbia or Harvard Law School, and demanded Obama release his university transcripts. Trump claimed, “I heard he was a terrible student. Terrible. How does a bad student go to Columbia and then to Harvard?”

For many people, none of these incidents, individually, may be totally ****ing: One of these alone might suggest that Trump is simply a bad speaker and perhaps racially insensitive (“politically incorrect,” as he would put it), but not overtly racist.

But when you put all these events together, a clear pattern emerges. At the very least, Trump has a history of playing into people’s racism to bolster himself — and that likely says something about him too.

And of course, there’s everything that’s happened through and since his presidential campaign.

As a candidate and president, Trump has made many more racist comments

On top of all that history, Trump has repeatedly made racist — often explicitly so — remarks on the campaign trail and as president:

  • Trump launched his campaign in 2015 by calling Mexican immigrants “rapists” who are “bringing crime” and “bringing drugs” to the US. His campaign was largely built on building a wall to keep these immigrants out of the US.
  • As a candidate in 2015, Trump called for a ban on all Muslims coming into the US. His administration eventually implemented a significantly watered-down version of the policy.
  • When asked at a 2016 Republican debate whether all 1.6 billion Muslims hate the US, Trump said, “I mean a lot of them. I mean a lot of them.”
  • He argued in 2016 that Judge Gonzalo Curiel — who was overseeing the Trump University lawsuit — should recuse himself from the case because of his Mexican heritage and membership in a Latino lawyers association. House Speaker Paul Ryan, who endorsed Trump, later called such comments “the textbook definition of a racist comment.”
  • Trump has been repeatedly slow to condemn white supremacists who endorse him, and he regularly retweeted messages from white supremacists and neo-Nazis during his presidential campaign.
  • He tweeted and later deleted an image that showed Hillary Clinton in front of a pile of money and by a Jewish Star of David that said, “Most Corrupt Candidate Ever!” The tweet had some very obvious anti-Semitic imagery, but Trump insisted that the star was a sheriff’s badge, and said his campaign shouldn’t have deleted it.
  • Trump has repeatedly referred to Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) as “Pocahontas,” using her controversial — and later walked-back — claims to Native American heritage as a punchline.
  • At the 2016 Republican convention, Trump officially seized the mantle of the “law and order” candidate — an obvious dog whistle playing to white fears of black crime, even though crime in the US is historically low. His speeches, comments, and executive actions after he took office have continued this line of messaging.
  • In a pitch to black voters in 2016, Trump said, “You’re living in poverty, your schools are no good, you have no jobs, 58 percent of your youth is unemployed. What the **** do you have to lose?”
  • Trump stereotyped a black reporter at a press conference in February 2017. When April Ryan asked him if he plans to meet and work with the Congressional Black Caucus, he repeatedly asked her to set up the meeting — even as she insisted that she’s “just a reporter.”
  • In the week after white supremacist protests in Charlottesville, Virginia, in August 2017, Trump repeatedly said that “many sides” and “both sides” were to blame for the violence and chaos that ensued — suggesting that the white supremacist protesters were morally equivalent to counterprotesters that stood against racism. He also said that there were “some very fine people” among the white supremacists. All of this seemed like a dog whistle to white supremacists — and many of them took it as one, with white nationalist Richard Spencer praising Trump for “defending the truth.”
  • Throughout 2017, Trump repeatedly attacked NFL players who, by kneeling or otherwise silently protesting during the national anthem, demonstrated against systemic racism in America.
  • Trump reportedly said in 2017 that people who came to the US from Haiti “all have AIDS,” and he lamented that people who came to the US from Nigeria would never “go back to their huts” once they saw America. The White House denied that Trump ever made these comments.
  • Speaking about immigration in a bipartisan meeting in January 2018, Trump reportedly asked, in reference to Haiti and African countries, “Why are we having all these people from ****hole countries come here?” He then reportedly suggested that the US should take more people from countries like Norway. The implication: Immigrants from predominantly white countries are good, while immigrants from predominantly black countries are bad.
  • Trump denied making the “****hole” comments, although some senators present at the meeting said they happened. The White House, meanwhile, suggested that the comments, like Trump’s remarks about the NFL protests, will play well to his base. The only connection between Trump’s remarks about the NFL protests and his “****hole” comments is race.
  • Trump mocked Elizabeth Warren’s presidential campaign, again calling her “Pocahontas” in a tweet before adding, “See you on the campaign TRAIL, Liz!” The capitalized “TRAIL” is seemingly a reference to the Trail of Tears — a horrific act of ethnic cleansing in the 19th century in which Native Americans were forcibly relocated, causing thousands of deaths.
  • Trump tweeted that several black and brown members of Congress — Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY), Ayanna Pressley (D-MA), Ilhan Omar (D-MN), and Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) — are “from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe” and that they should “go back” to those countries. It’s a common racist trope to say that black and brown people, particularly immigrants, should go back to their countries of origin. Three of four of the members of Congress whom Trump targeted were born in the US.

This list is not comprehensive, instead relying on some of the major examples since Trump announced his candidacy. But once again, there’s a pattern of racism and bigotry here that suggests Trump isn’t just misspeaking; it is who he is.

Racist Race Card GIF - Racist RaceCard ICallRacist GIFs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2019 at 1:52 PM, Psychic Gibbon said:

 

:huh: I remember when Gillibrand and other senators endorse Marie Newnan last time around. 

Quote

Gillibrand and top liberal groups are throwing their weight behind an Illinois woman challenging a 'radically conservative' House Democrat

https://www.businessinsider.com/gillibrand-endorses-illinois-woman-challenging-incumbent-democrat-2017-11

 

No one said don't support primary challenges, the unspoken rule is that you don't support them against colleagues. Warren doesn't need to work with Lipinski. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2019 at 7:04 AM, Big_Dog said:

Trumps numbers are always lies. And the only way you can trust a poll is if the quantity of people polled are huge.

Then why do you quote polls ? You do remember that all the polls had Hillary in a land slide, don't you ? Okay, relax and open your eye's, that's all you have to do. Well it's worth a try. It might not work for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, caver50 said:

Then why do you quote polls ? You do remember that all the polls had Hillary in a land slide, don't you ? Okay, relax and open your eye's, that's all you have to do. Well it's worth a try. It might not work for you.

I quote known established polls. Trump pulls his poll from where the sun don't shine, Hillary did stomp Trump in actual votes by 3 million, so open your eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Big money donors consider staying away from Kamala Harris if she fails to perform at the next debate

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/11/big-money-donors-consider-dropping-kamala-harris-if-she-fails-at-debate.html

Desperate Kamala should be interesting. Will also leave her more open since she'll be swinging wildly at the top three, and Bernie and Warren have already shown they're more than willing to team up when that happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2019 at 11:03 PM, caver50 said:

It makes one wonder why so many people want to see Trump. You know. record breaking crowds. Much more than go to see the Dems speak. Isn't that strange ? You don't suppose the numbers are wrong do you ? No way polls are always right.

If polls were right we wouldn't be talking about Trump.

Unfortunately, what happened last time because of the violence on the far left, people withheld their true vote for Trump coming out of exit polls for fear of being attacked because the dare to support a candidate the left doesn't agree with.

I suspect the same thing to happen again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now