achilles return

us politics and elections thread

2,975 posts in this topic

Just now, Big_Dog said:

If it's any consolation, when we finally go . . . .  we'll never know about it after it happens. :wiggle:

Hopefully, they spend our money wisely. 

Big_Dog likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2019 at 8:11 AM, WhenFalconsWin said:

The rich (yes, corporations got breaks) but in turn that keep jobs here, creates more jobs, pay raises, bonuses, etc. 

Treating the businesses with heavy hands (high taxes and overregulating) is never the solution. This is proven over time and time again. The same applies to small business.

 

sigh.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

sigh.....

This thread is just page after page of that stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

This thread is just page after page of that stuff. 

I just can't believe we're this far into all this stuff and people are still acting like that's economic axiom...its incredible. 

That doesnt mean this is a polar issue....but holy crap, if you can't look at the last 100 years of American economic history and see how off-base and socially destructive that approach has been, you're not paying attention. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mdrake34 said:

This thread is just page after page of that stuff. 

Odd thing to say when we are in a economic boom. Lowest unemployment for Blacks, Hispanics, Women, in 50 years.  Wages are up, Labor participation rate is very high.. 

BLS Reports Lowest Unemployment in 50 Years. U.S. employers added a much-better-than-expected 263,000 jobs in April, and the unemployment rate dropped to 3.6 percent, the lowest since December 1969, according to the latest Bureau of LaborStatistics (BLS) report.

Weird how people judge the economy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Trump is far better at the game the Dems created then they ever hope to be.

Trump will learn to keep his trap shut about the 'squad' and try to be more presidential. Doubt that he is smart enough. All he wants to do is rile up his racist followers. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Big_Dog said:

Trump will learn to keep his trap shut about the 'squad' and try to be more presidential. Doubt that he is smart enough. All he wants to do is rile up his racist followers. ;)

All he really does is rile up the fake/scm/Dems/lemmings into an uncontrollable frenzy.

This is what sparks his base.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

Trump will learn to keep his trap shut about the 'squad' and try to be more presidential. Doubt that he is smart enough. All he wants to do is rile up his racist followers. ;)

Acting Presidential stopped being a thing with Clinton. Bush took it the next step by being that guy you want to have beer with. And Obama actually did have beer with people. Trump served fast food to his guests.

I hate the Trump is playing identity politics, but we have to remember, that he was a life-long Democrat. He knows their game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

All he really does is rile up the fake/scm/Dems/lemmings into an uncontrollable frenzy.

This is what sparks his base.

Racism?

Big_Dog likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

Racism?

When you have to read the definition of racism to try and make a racists point, you've pretty much lost the"that person is a racists" proclamation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

When you have to read the definition of racism to try and make a racists point, you've pretty much lost the"that person is a racists" proclamation.

I'll jot that down as a 'yes.'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

I'll jot that down as a 'yes.'

The Dems have watered down racism, they only have themselves to blame.

They cannot cite everything as an ism/phobia and expect it to carry the weight to it's true meaning.

The Legendary SB likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

The Dems have watered down racism, they only have themselves to blame.

They cannot cite everything as an ism/phobia and expect it to carry the weight to it's true meaning.

[Nods. Underlines 'yes'.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

House to vote today on impeachment resolution. Really? To hear the Trump supporters he hasn't done anything to warrant that black mark.

He violated his oath of office to safeguard our Constitution so often it became unbelievable. His racist behavior adds to his inablity to lead this country. His bold cockyness in telling the Justice Department to ignore the rule of law and ignore legal subpoenas. Honor the subpoenas and show their is nothing to hide. One day I hope this Whitehouse gets on track for the good of America.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

This is brilliant...kudos to Morgan Freeman

 

Makes sense but Trump will continue to fan the flames of racism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bernie's insurance plan is wrong for Americans. He tried to sell it last time and no one bought into it. Doctor's may not buy into it. Biden's is more acceptable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Big_Dog said:

Bernie's insurance plan is wrong for Americans. He tried to sell it last time and no one bought into it. Doctor's may not buy into it. Biden's is more acceptable.

Doctors and Co don't want any government insurance plan.  None of it is acceptable for them.

 

I don't think Bernie's M4All is a good proposal, but Bidencare has a lot of issues. 1st, It punishes Blue states and rewards Red States. Red States didn't expand Medicaid and now get those patients covered for free, while Blue states did and have to continue to pay to get those people covered in the new system. 

It also doesn't unify our government health plans but creates a new one. Meaning we will still have gaps and States with Medicaid work requirements and other barriers will have a ton of uninsured people fall through the cracks. we have 50 Medicaid programs, dozens more CHIP programs, and medicare. Now you want to add another separate program. 

It also is only available to individual market folks, so people on ESI cannot benefit. 

I support M4America, which is probably around 3-4X the price of Biden's proposal, but gets us Universal healthcare and simplifies our current government plan with 1 government program that has a simple premium/cost sharing subsidy model. No gaps or Red state sabotage. And if an R president tries to tamper with it, the 50-70% of Americans on the plan will break a foot off in the ***. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Doctors and Co don't want any government insurance plan.  None of it is acceptable for them.

 

I don't think Bernie's M4All is a good proposal, but Bidencare has a lot of issues. 1st, It punishes Blue states and rewards Red States. Red States didn't expand Medicaid and now get those patients covered for free, while Blue states did and have to continue to pay to get those people covered in the new system. 

It also doesn't unify our government health plans but creates a new one. Meaning we will still have gaps and States with Medicaid work requirements and other barriers will have a ton of uninsured people fall through the cracks. we have 50 Medicaid programs, dozens more CHIP programs, and medicare. Now you want to add another separate program. 

It also is only available to individual market folks, so people on ESI cannot benefit. 

I support M4America, which is probably around 3-4X the price of Biden's proposal, but gets us Universal healthcare and simplifies our current government plan with 1 government program that has a simple premium/cost sharing subsidy model. No gaps or Red state sabotage. And if an R president tries to tamper with it, the 50-70% of Americans on the plan will break a foot off in the ***. 

The ACA was meant to fail so Hillary could install single payer, but a guy named Trump came along. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

The ACA was meant to fail so Hillary could install single payer, but a guy named Trump came along. 

Trump GIF - Trump GIFs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So take your pick, your can support the racist (Republicans) or the socialist (Democrats) what a great choice. So much total B.S.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, thofin21 said:

So take your pick, your can support the racist (Republicans) or the socialist (Democrats) what a great choice. So much total B.S.

Time to go Independent? :shrug:

thofin21 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now