achilles return

us politics and elections thread

2,979 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, Doozer said:

When the other side is talking about giving illegal aliens free healthcare, a tax cut sounds really good.

It may sound good but like all those promises . . .  they never happened.

1 minute ago, Big_Dog said:

It may sound good but like all those promises . . .  they never happened.

It happened for me.

Although I can understand how someone not paying taxes can be upset; probably wanted more free stuff.

On 7/12/2019 at 8:23 AM, Flip Flop said:

In a pure debate I think you’re right. However, what trump does is not about topical reasoning.      What he does is so abnormal.  He is like a southpaw knockout puncher.   People hit the mat and never understand how it happened.  

Was Trump really the first candidate to figure out that Presidential debates were a spectacle akin to Wrestlemania, rather than a high school club competition? More people should have been clued in after Candy was chosen to moderate one.

Flip Flop likes this

1 hour ago, Doozer said:

It happened for me.

Although I can understand how someone not paying taxes can be upset; probably wanted more free stuff.

Only the top high earners got the tax break promised to us peons. Glad you're one of the rich ones.

On 7/13/2019 at 4:24 PM, Big_Dog said:

Only the top high earners got the tax break promised to us peons. Glad you're one of the rich ones.

The rich (yes, corporations got breaks) but in turn that keep jobs here, creates more jobs, pay raises, bonuses, etc. 

Treating the businesses with heavy hands (high taxes and overregulating) is never the solution. This is proven over time and time again. The same applies to small business.

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

The rich (yes, corporations got breaks) but in turn that keep jobs here, creates more jobs, pay raises, bonuses, etc. 

Treating the businesses with heavy hands (high taxes and overregulating) is never the solution. This is proven over time and time again. The same applies to small business.

I agree but my point was, he promised millions of voters a tax cut that never happened. :tiphat:

Just now, Big_Dog said:

I agree but my point was, he promised millions of voters a tax cut that never happened. :tiphat:

Are you talking about the second cut he promised fir the middle class? That hasn't happened yet there is so much going on, but I know his intentions are forthright.

As far as cuts, I know middle class people in my family that got tac cut in their weekly orvbi-weekly pay checks.

The wealthy are being attacked, but I know first hand we payed more in our federal taxes because the Trump new tax code limited what you can take on write-offs. So I know I did my part in paying more taxes...you're welcome.

5 hours ago, Big_Dog said:

God save the king, God save the queen, God save Trump, God save WFW.  :o

Thank you for the well wishes. Although, I'm in very good shape.

Guess who is the next one to get Trump's shoe up his butt? Wilbur Ross for not getting the census question enacted. :munch:

4 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

We need to get to the Mueller hearing sooner rather than later. The lack of Russian collusion/Hoax talk has limited @Big_Dog posts to a snail's crawl. 

Should make a lot of you happy as h.ell.

Just now, Big_Dog said:

Should make a lot of you happy as h.ell.

Not for me, I need the comic relief even if it is unintended by you. 

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

Not for me, I need the comic relief even if it is unintended by you. 

Oh there are times when I know it might be termed comical but  . . .  so what?Life is short and each morning I wake up I say to myself. Well I'll be darned, I'm still alive. :tiphat:

WhenFalconsWin likes this

2 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

Oh there are times when I know it might be termed comical but  . . .  so what?Life is short and each morning I wake up I say to myself. Well I'll be darned, I'm still alive. :tiphat:

Yep, I too like waking up on the right side of the grass. 

Big_Dog likes this

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Yep, I too like waking up on the right side of the grass. 

If it's any consolation, when we finally go . . . .  we'll never know about it after it happens. :wiggle: