Draft Wynn and sign a FA G and the OL is solidified

Norwell of the Panthers would be nice but we all know TD and Quinn don't chase players who want a payday. Im thinking Hubbard or Pugh will be Falcons. Before the hype train due to the SR bowl i was high on Isaiah Wynn as a G. Watching UGA this year i saw him seal and wall off defendersnto open up lanes, and with his athleticism, i kept telling myself he's a perfect ZBS G. I guess the only dilemma would be does Hubbard or Pugh play RG and Wynn play LG? Thoughts 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, SpongeDad said:

If we did that...call me crazy....but I'd go BPA.

* waits for crazy qoutes

With the extensions of Ryan and Levitre that frees up a lot of cash to be able to get Poe done and add maybe WRer TE or G it just gives us more options.

Yeah then BPA in the draft is a real option.

I can't get past Christian Kirk he's my guy I don't care how we get him just get him on our team.

4 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Any chance Wynn lasts til our 2nd pick? Seems to me like he is about to start shooting up draft boards based on how the senior bowl went. Not sure he makes us to in the 2nd.

Someone who knows more about the draft and such, help me out! 

I'm beginning to wonder if Wynn will last until our first pick.

10 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

I'd resign Levitre and Poe then it gives me more options in the draft which direction to go.

Keeping  Levitre still leaves you with Schweitzer- so you are in same spot as last year.  You are not going to draft a 3rd or 4th round guard that comes in and starts.  Schweitzer + Garland + Harlow = Garbage 

Levitre is under contract for one more year at $7mm - which is too much but you bite the bullet and keep him without extending him.

Then you draft Isaiah Wynn in 1st round and look at Defense (DT/Edge/CB - BPA) in 2nd round and BPA (maybe WR) in 3rd rd.

15 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

Could Wynn also still possibly play tackle in the NFL (since he was OT at UGA)?  Could he be a possibility to replace Matthews if we decide to let our current OT walk rather than pay him an overpriced contract? 

A lot of scouts still like him as a tackle in NFL. I think that’s where some of his 1st round buzz is coming from. 

16 minutes ago, falconsfan4life3 said:

Matthews will be resigned.

He's one lucky mofo to be able to get a fat contract with his performance. He's the epitome of half-azzed. In the biggest situations ~ like during a crucial drive in the SB for instance ~ you can count on Matthews to give up a sack or pressure. 

4 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

He's one lucky mofo to be able to get a fat contract with his performance. He's the epitome of half-azzed. In the biggest situations ~ like during a crucial drive in the SB for instance ~ you can count on Matthews to give up a sack or pressure. 

Well he was one of the least penalized LT’s last year, gave up 3 sacks all year and was a good run blocker. He hasnt been a dominant LT like I hoped but he’s still top 12 at his position...he’s also only 25 so I expect him to keep improving.

46 minutes ago, Vandy said:

A lot of scouts still like him as a tackle in NFL. I think that’s where some of his 1st round buzz is coming from. 

No it's not.   Literally ZERO NFL GM's are looking at Isaiah Wynn as an OT.  C'mon mannnnnnn!

Isaiah Wynn is 6'2" - how many starting offensive tackles are there in the NFL that are 6'2"?   Fairly certain that number is ZERO.

56 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

Could Wynn also still possibly play tackle in the NFL (since he was OT at UGA)?  Could he be a possibility to replace Matthews if we decide to let our current OT walk rather than pay him an overpriced contract? 

ummm....No.

6'2" offensive tackles in the NFL are more rare than the Amur Leopard.

3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Keeping  Levitre still leaves you with Schweitzer- so you are in same spot as last year.  You are not going to draft a 3rd or 4th round guard that comes in and starts.  Schweitzer + Garland + Harlow = Garbage 

Levitre is under contract for one more year at $7mm - which is too much but you bite the bullet and keep him without extending him.

Then you draft Isaiah Wynn in 1st round and look at Defense (DT/Edge/CB - BPA) in 2nd round and BPA (maybe WR) in 3rd rd.

If I'm taking Wynn at 26 Levitre is a goner for me I wouldn't keep him if that were the case.As much as I like him I'm with Vandy I just don't see the Falcons going there for a G at 26 I don't see it.

I see DT but not G.

Trade down yes Argh who knows what's going to happen FA will tell a big story here.

4 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

If I'm taking Wynn at 26 Levitre is a goner for me I wouldn't keep him if that were the case.As much as I like him I'm with Vandy I just don't see the Falcons going there for a G at 26 I don't see it.

I see DT but not G.

Trade down yes Argh who knows what's going to happen FA will tell a big story here.

you do understand that you start TWO offensive guards at a time, right? that means you need TWO decent ones. 

Levitre + Wynn = 2.

Levitre + Schweizter = 1 

This is simple math, kiwi.   The nice thing about Levitre is you don't have to resign him and you don't have to commit to him past 2018.