Shagpill 2.0

Draft 'Em: Tight End edition

100 posts in this topic

Here are MY top five prospects. What ya think? NOTE: these are all highlight tapes but it will give you a taste of what the guy is like. Let me start off with our crop: Do we need another TE? our guys are good but could we bet better there? More dynamic at the TE spot. I think so. I by no means want to give up on Hooper but maybe another speed play maker that can block could help. With that said lets kick some tires. 

1. Hayden Hurst: WHAT? this guy?! Yes this guy. Hear me out... IMO he is the most complete TE in the draft or should I say day one ready. He could step in from day with his NFL speed(he runs hard) and size(6'5 250... you'll notice that all these guys are close to this size). Good hands, Better than average blocking, and solid speed(he ran some sweeps at south Carolina). Plus he is a day two earliest. He isn't as fluid as Kelce but has good flex in the hips. 

2. Mark Andrews: Now this guys ceiling is high. 6'5 - 255lbs and he uses every pound. I think he is the best right now coming out, but will his game transfer? DBs and Lbs in the NFL are a lot faster than in college. But with that said his route running, hands, and blocking are all top tier. He goes here because he's off the board before pick 32 and I dont think we use a first on a TE this year. 

3. Troy Fumagalli: Something just stands out when you watch him, but don't ask me what it is haha. He can block. Has the frame to put on more size. Good length- good route runner- good speed too.

4.Dallas Goedert: He is a dark horse in this draft. Could turn out to be the best in this class. I could possibly swap him and Hurst and not blink an eye. He runs really smooth reminds me of Kelce. Not known as a blocker but I wonder if he could.

5. Adam Breneman: All around good TE play for Umass so that will be the main thing that jumps out at some folks. His production has been good since he left Penn State. Him, Troy, and Dallas all will be good NFL TEs. I think he may the best hands out of all five of them, but thats highly debatable.. 

Adam Breneman. Get him. He kinda looks awkward running, like Brent Jones used to with Niners,  but I think he will be one of the best tight ends from the draft class.

57 minutes ago, Shagpill 2.0 said:

Here are MY top five prospects. What ya think? NOTE: these are all highlight tapes but it will give you a taste of what the guy is like. Let me start off with our crop: Do we need another TE? our guys are good but could we bet better there? More dynamic at the TE spot. I think so. I by no means want to give up on Hooper but maybe another speed play maker that can block could help. With that said lets kick some tires. 

1. Hayden Hurst: WHAT? this guy?! Yes this guy. Hear me out... IMO he is the most complete TE in the draft or should I say day one ready. He could step in from day with his NFL speed(he runs hard) and size(6'5 250... you'll notice that all these guys are close to this size). Good hands, Better than average blocking, and solid speed(he ran some sweeps at south Carolina). Plus he is a day two earliest. He isn't as fluid as Kelce but has good flex in the hips. 

2. Mark Andrews: Now this guys ceiling is high. 6'5 - 255lbs and he uses every pound. I think he is the best right now coming out, but will his game transfer? DBs and Lbs in the NFL are a lot faster than in college. But with that said his route running, hands, and blocking are all top tier. He goes here because he's off the board before pick 32 and I dont think we use a first on a TE this year. 

3. Troy Fumagalli: Something just stands out when you watch him, but don't ask me what it is haha. He can block. Has the frame to put on more size. Good length- good route runner- good speed too.

4.Dallas Goedert: He is a dark horse in this draft. Could turn out to be the best in this class. I could possibly swap him and Hurst and not blink an eye. He runs really smooth reminds me of Kelce. Not known as a blocker but I wonder if he could.

5. Adam Breneman: All around good TE play for Umass so that will be the main thing that jumps out at some folks. His production has been good since he left Penn State. Him, Troy, and Dallas all will be good NFL TEs. I think he may the best hands out of all five of them, but thats highly debatable.. 

Nice list and this draft is loaded with TE talent but wheres Gesicki , he may be best of all .

22 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Get him

As a guy whose family is Penn State crazy and some family played there...I may be bias...but get this guy. Complete mismatch in red zone and will go get the rock. 

This guy oozes confidence and will let the defense know when he is getting them. Quinn loves this.

Plus he had alot to do with the blocks on springing Barkley for runs. He is a complete TE. 

Knight of God and Slappywhite like this

1 minute ago, Sui_Generis said:

As a guy whose family is Penn State crazy and some family played there...I may be bias...but get this guy. Complete mismatch in red zone and will go get the rock. 

Plus he had alot to do with the blocks on springing Barkley for runs. He is a complete TE. 

I didn't watch him. He was someone I looked at a while back.

Vandy and Slappywhite like this

26 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Get him

Depending on FA, I hope we catch him in the second. He might have to trade up a bit if he kills it at the combine though :sadwave:

3 hours ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

I like Gesicki the best. Good bodycontrol and vertical leap at 6'6" 250 lbs. Also played volleyball and basketball. You know what that means. 

Bring back 88

His catching radius is ridiculous. Good hands taking hits. 

Slappywhite likes this

Levine Toilolo has a $4.5 million CAP hit this year, and we just used a third round pick on Hooper. I don’t think we should spend more draft capital on a tight end. Hoop has the skill set, now  he needs the coaching & scheme to get the most out of what he does well.

Edited by Falconsin2012

6 hours ago, Shagpill 2.0 said:

Hurst runs and plays like Vernon Davis did in College.

mar31985, Falconsfan567 and dawgsjw like this

2 hours ago, A-TowN.- said:

Gesicki is a terrible blocker. Not that athletic either.

My dude is Dallas Goedert.

I'd go that route, should be a day two- three draft pick.

Edited by citsalp

1 hour ago, Sui_Generis said:

This guy oozes confidence and will let the defense know when he is getting them. Quinn loves this.

I fear for his safety I feel if Keanu Neal hit him it wouldn't end well but agreed his catch radius and leaping ability would be a huge plus in the red zone.

2 hours ago, Crazy Trav said:

Fumagalli is my favorite. Can see him being a great fit for our team.

The only thing I really noticed about this guy he favours his left hand carry for the most part and there's not much YAC compared with the other guys.

2 hours ago, A-TowN.- said:

Gesicki is a terrible blocker. Not that athletic either.

My dude is Dallas Goedert.

That's the only thing on Gesicki I could find.

Man your kidding with not athletic bit aren't you.

Hurst is probably the best YAC guy out of these TEs.

Total package is Andrews out of these guys he does it all.For me while this is a good group if you want the best Andrews comfortably in my eyes from what I've seen above.

7 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Amazing!

Great. I love it when we agree on players. Makes me feel better that my opinion is validated by someone who actually played the game.

Knight of God likes this

2 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I don't validate you man. You know the game on your own man. Smart dude with a good eye.

Thanks bro. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the smartest when it comes to evaluating players, especially on defense. But I like to think I have enough knowledge to hold my own in any conversation, especially when it comes to QBs.

Knight of God likes this