Just a thought - RB - Sony Michel

30 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

I've heard anywhere from 5-UDFA

I'd take him in the second or third I like him so much. But I hope we snag him 4th.

He’s now on my want list for RB in draft:

1st DL Bryan, UF

2nd OG Hernandez, UTEP

3rd FS Whitehead, Pitt

4th OG Gossett Appy State 

5th RB Ballage, ASU

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is rated as  someone to go fifth or later or a be a UDFA, and for that I aaid he was worth it because he does flash potential.

I’m not going to comment much about a couple of highlight clips, because as I said    you can find highlight clips making anyone look fantastic.

I would as i said take a chance on him late if we felt we needed a big back, but I didn’t realize some here were so emotionally invested in him that they would take offense.

11 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

He is rated as  someone to go fifth or later or a be a UDFA, and for that I aaid he was worth it because he does flash potential.

I’m not going to comment much about a couple of highlight clips, because as I said    you can find highlight clips making anyone look fantastic.

I would as i said take a chance on him late if we felt we needed a big back, but I didn’t realize some here were so emotionally invested in him that they would take offense.

I provide evidence to show how crap that article was and now you back track lol

On 1/26/2018 at 3:44 PM, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

My guess is they already have a decision in mind. If they're interested in bringing him back, they're likely already in some sort of preliminary discussions with his agents. Maybe not formal proposals but at least ball parking. 

Yes, we can keep Coleman without jeopardizing the retention of any other players. Well unless he wants like all the money in the world in a front-loaded, tough to structure deal. But I doubt that happens. 

Think about it this way.....this past year, Devonta Freeman's cap hit was $4.4m. In 2018, it's $5m even. In 2019, it's 6.7m. 

If we could do a similar deal with TC, you'd be looking at $9-10m in cap space for both backs in 2018 and $12-13m in cap space for both backs in 2019. The cap has been routinely increased by ~$10-12m per year. So that means you're looking at a ~$178m cap in 18 and close to a $190m cap in 2019. So the backs would account for ~5-7% of the cap. 

For two Pro Bowl caliber RBs who can function interchangeably in a good offense? That's very very comfortable. Heck, that's probably Todd Gurley's cap hit in 2019 based on the 5th year option. I'd guess LeVeon Bell's cap hits start at $9m and go upward depending on where he goes. 

EDIT TO ADD - In general, I'm only ever concerned with the cap for two-three year increments because thats my understanding of how FOs project out. So its very possible that these sorts of deals could lead to some cap strain in like 4 years....but at that point, you've got a 36 year old QB and a much higher cap. If you have to eat some dead money in 4 years, so be it. Our window is the next 2-3 seasons. That should be the focus. 

Doesn't sound bad at all considering his value to the offense.   Also, I'd like to see how they address LeVitre/his position and Schweitzer/his position.