Just a thought - RB - Sony Michel

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Theyhateme : ) said:

...and sign everyone else?  You must be talking about letting him finish out is rookie deal...I was thinking they'd make a decision on him this upcoming season....

It’s very possible with some creativity in Ryan’s contract. And my guess is matt is willing to do that in order to get a ring. 

Also, Le’Veon Bell is gonna get $12M + per year .....and his backup is gonna get paid ... why can’t our 2 guys be paid in that range in total as well?

Just now, Vandy said:

It’s very possible with a little creativity on Ryan’s contract. And my guess is matt is willing to do that in order to get a ring. 

Also, Le’Veon Bell is gonna get $12M + per year .....and his backup is gonna get paid ... why can’t our 2 guys be paid in that range in total as well?

...well perhaps with the cap going up and I did hear that Ryan's deal would be cap friendly...

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

Just messing with you man. All I care about is that they are very good productive RBs in our system, which they both are. I don’t really care how tall either is, folks in here get way too caught up in that crap, IMHO.

i DO agree with you we could use a bruiser as our #3 RB though. Who would you like for that role, @CeilinFanOfDeath

KALEN BALLAGE!!!!!!!!

58 minutes ago, Theyhateme : ) said:

...and sign everyone else?  You must be talking about letting him finish out is rookie deal...I was thinking they'd make a decision on him this upcoming season....

My guess is they already have a decision in mind. If they're interested in bringing him back, they're likely already in some sort of preliminary discussions with his agents. Maybe not formal proposals but at least ball parking. 

Yes, we can keep Coleman without jeopardizing the retention of any other players. Well unless he wants like all the money in the world in a front-loaded, tough to structure deal. But I doubt that happens. 

Think about it this way.....this past year, Devonta Freeman's cap hit was $4.4m. In 2018, it's $5m even. In 2019, it's 6.7m. 

If we could do a similar deal with TC, you'd be looking at $9-10m in cap space for both backs in 2018 and $12-13m in cap space for both backs in 2019. The cap has been routinely increased by ~$10-12m per year. So that means you're looking at a ~$178m cap in 18 and close to a $190m cap in 2019. So the backs would account for ~5-7% of the cap. 

For two Pro Bowl caliber RBs who can function interchangeably in a good offense? That's very very comfortable. Heck, that's probably Todd Gurley's cap hit in 2019 based on the 5th year option. I'd guess LeVeon Bell's cap hits start at $9m and go upward depending on where he goes. 

EDIT TO ADD - In general, I'm only ever concerned with the cap for two-three year increments because thats my understanding of how FOs project out. So its very possible that these sorts of deals could lead to some cap strain in like 4 years....but at that point, you've got a 36 year old QB and a much higher cap. If you have to eat some dead money in 4 years, so be it. Our window is the next 2-3 seasons. That should be the focus. 

https://withthefirstpick.com/2017/11/27/kalen-ballage-arizona-state-2018-nfl-draft-scouting-report/

A bug guy who dances too much, doesn’t block well, and who wont offer much in the passing game?

I like his highlight reel, but just about anyone’s highlight reel looks great. I don’t know where I would take a guy like this, but a late round flyer could be worth it. There is potential there.

22 hours ago, US-41 Falcon said:

Georgia fans suck. 

Thats so general , Im a Ga, fan and I dont suck anything .  Georgia has had a top 10 recruiting class for the last 5 years , and have produced some talented players , a Falcon fan  suggests maybe we need to take a look in our own talented back yard , and they suck . I think having Ga blinders on and not looking sucks .  I dont care where a player comes from , if he can help this team , than by all means look , kick the tires , 

2 hours ago, TheUsualStuff said:

https://withthefirstpick.com/2017/11/27/kalen-ballage-arizona-state-2018-nfl-draft-scouting-report/

A bug guy who dances too much, doesn’t block well, and who wont offer much in the passing game?

I like his highlight reel, but just about anyone’s highlight reel looks great. I don’t know where I would take a guy like this, but a late round flyer could be worth it. There is potential there.

Lol "legs quit moving after contact" he lost me there.