Just a thought - RB - Sony Michel

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A few days ago in the Hot Press, we discussed how one general manager thought Georgia running back Sony Michel could go late in the first round. Sources from a couple of other teams also had a very high view of Michel. Those teams have Michel as the second-rated running back in the draft behind only Barkley. Michel has seen his draft stock skyrocket over his senior year. Being the second running back selected and going on Thursday night of the draft seems entirely possible.

•  

http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2018rumors5.php#ixzz55J6792l0

13 hours ago, RandomFan said:

OMG the stupid, it burns!

FYI - Tevin Coleman is exactly 5'11 3/8. And that's probably about the same height Michel is going to clock in at when he hits the combine. And the rumors all year have been Sony is closer to 225 than 215. You've done lost your mind.

"Some" people may have been clamoring for a big power back, not me. We need a RB that can replace Coleman in a year. A power back in this offensive scheme would be a waste of a roster spot, why the heck do you think we haven't had one...

You gonna get roasted for years for trying to say Sony is an undersized RB. Wow.

:happened::vince:

Tevin Coleman is 6-1, one place on all the web list him at 5-11 and you go with that? He even listened his self at 6-1

1 hour ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

No he's not. Official combine numbers have him at 5'11"

I guess we should lock him up be our next DT, as Ceilin believes Teco’s  hitting a new growth spurt!

:)

Here's A thought....let’s keep both Teco and Free, and sign a brute like Jeremy Hill to be our between- the-tackles guy? 

1 hour ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

No he's not. Official combine numbers have him at 5'11"

He list his self at 6-1, nfl list him at 6-1, Atlanta falcons list him at 6-1, Indiana list him at 6-1, **** amazon alexia said he's 6-1.. Do I need to continue or u gonna actually look at facts for once 

Edited by CeilinFanOfDeath
12 minutes ago, CeilinFanOfDeath said:

Davonte Freeman is 5-10, so now you believe freeman and Coleman are almost the same height? 

Just messing with you man. All I care about is that they are very good productive RBs in our system, which they both are. I don’t really care how tall either is, folks in here get way too caught up in that crap, IMHO.

i DO agree with you we could use a bruiser as our #3 RB though. Who would you like for that role, @CeilinFanOfDeath

24 minutes ago, CeilinFanOfDeath said:

He list his self at 6-1, nfl list him at 6-1, Atlanta falcons list him at 6-1, Indiana list him at 6-1, **** amazon alexia said he's 6-1.. Do I need to continue or u gonna actually look at facts for once 

People lie about their height all the time. And if those sources are reliant upon each other, the lie carries forward. So all that would need to happen would be Coleman tells the Falcons PR team that he's 6'1". When the NFL web design team sends word to the teams around the league for their roster and player heights, the 6'1" number goes to the NFL. Alexa generates results from those sorts of easy web searches so the 6'1" number would end up there too.

And here's the funny part....the NFL's combine page for Tevin Coleman has him listed at.........5'11" 

He was measured at the NFL combine by an impartial medical staff. His height was recorded as just over 5'11". That's what he is. Its possible he could have grown another 2 inches but given that he was selling himself at 6'1" in college, its more likely that he simply tells people he's 6'1" 

43 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I guess we should lock him up be our next DT, as Ceilin believes Teco’s  hitting a new growth spurt!

:)

Here's A thought....let’s keep both Teco and Free, and sign a brute like Jeremy Hill to be our between- the-tackles guy? 

He was on my FA possibility list. Could find himself in a crap market too. Don't know that the FO would be cool with his history of deplorable conduct (allegedly) but thats the type of player I'd be fine adding for depth. 

Just now, Jesus said:

Let Gabriel walk and give Coleman some more reps as a speed receiver. 

Honestly, that would be my biggest box to check when deciding whether to keep Coleman. 

Is coaching staff willing to lean on Coleman a bit more in both the run and the pass game? If so, you keep him around at a reasonable market cost. If you don't plan on integrating that approach into the offense, you probably look to let him walk/trade him. 

As it stands now, my preference is to keep him. 

Just now, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Honestly, that would be my biggest box to check when deciding whether to keep Coleman. 

Is coaching staff willing to lean on Coleman a bit more in both the run and the pass game? If so, you keep him around at a reasonable market cost. If you don't plan on integrating that approach into the offense, you probably look to let him walk/trade him. 

There is no reason to get rid of him, especially if they are wanting to run the ball more. The fact that both he and Freeman have concussion issues is enough reason to keep them both. They're gonna miss games. He still is a real threat in the pass game, both are. Sending him out wide or into the slot used to throw teams off. Not this past year, but the year before for sure.

28 minutes ago, Jesus said:

There is no reason to get rid of him, especially if they are wanting to run the ball more. The fact that both he and Freeman have concussion issues is enough reason to keep them both. They're gonna miss games. He still is a real threat in the pass game, both are. Sending him out wide or into the slot used to throw teams off. Not this past year, but the year before for sure.

Freeman and Coleman don't have "concussion issues" or a likelihood of missing games any more than pretty much any other RB in the league. It's a high attrition position. But I agree, both are + backs in both phases of the games and, when used properly, can strain pretty much every defense in the league to the point of breaking. 

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Just messing with you man. All I care about is that they are very good productive RBs in our system, which they both are. I don’t really care how tall either is, folks in here get way too caught up in that crap, IMHO.

i DO agree with you we could use a bruiser as our #3 RB though. Who would you like for that role, @CeilinFanOfDeath

Scott from Michigan state would be realistic around 3rd round 

Edited by CeilinFanOfDeath
53 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

55 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Let Gabriel walk and give Coleman some more reps as a speed receiver. 

@MSalmon

E Metcalf 2.0