Just a thought - RB - Sony Michel

4 minutes ago, CeilinFanOfDeath said:

The fu$k man, everyone said we need a power back all last year now ya'll all on Sony which will never be a power back in the NFL.. Ya'll make no sense at all sometimes.. Whatever, draft Sony where all I'll see is post about how he's too small and we need a power back.. Ffs

How is he too small? I don't understand

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m not saying @CeilinFanOfDeathwe’ll Draft Michel because we have bigger needs than a RB that Early. He’ll Be gone before we get to our 2nd round pick, much less in 3rd which is when we’ll start thinking about addressing RB. 

No offense, But to say a 5’11 215 lb versatile back with his explosion is too small to make it in NFL is why I LOLed at your post.

16 hours ago, CeilinFanOfDeath said:

Tell you what, I'll bet you 100.00 dollars that his size is going to limit him in the NFL, now if he has a killer season next year bump this thread and I'll gladly send you 100.00..but if he does nothing special send me 100.00..you good with this? 

15 hours ago, CeilinFanOfDeath said:

Think about it like this, tevin Coleman is a bigger back than Sony.. 5 lbs lighter but 3" taller.. The NFL is a big jump talent wise from college.. Sony is a small back by NFL standards 

15 hours ago, CeilinFanOfDeath said:

Completely different kind of back

OMG it burns!

FYI - Tevin Coleman is exactly 5'11 3/8. And that's probably about the same height Michel is going to clock in at when he hits the combine. And the rumors all year have been Sony is closer to 225 than 215. You've done lost your mind.

"Some" people may have been clamoring for a big power back, not me. We need a RB that can replace Coleman in a year. A power back in this offensive scheme would be a waste of a roster spot, why the heck do you think we haven't had one...

You gonna get roasted for years for trying to say Sony is an undersized RB. Wow.

:happened::vince:

12 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

OMG the stupid, it burns!

FYI - Tevin Coleman is exactly 5'11 3/8. And that's probably about the same height Michel is going to clock in at when he hits the combine. And the rumors all year have been Sony is closer to 225 than 215. You've done lost your mind.

"Some" people may have been clamoring for a big power back, not me. We need a RB that can replace Coleman in a year. A power back in this offensive scheme would be a waste of a roster spot, why the heck do you think we haven't had one...

You gonna get roasted for years for trying to say Sony is an undersized RB. Wow.

:happened::vince:

Guess we'll see the facts next year 

Edited by CeilinFanOfDeath
9 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

I'd be pretty upset if we spent a Day 1 or Day 2 pick on a RB. Day 3 pick for good value would be fine. But our strength at RB and the strength of the RB free agent market makes me prefer to go elsewhere with our draft capital. 

Depends on what we do in free agency. I've always been a plug the top two holes with NFL players in free agency and draft BPA in every round at any position kinda guy. Even at QB, WR or RB. I think if we'd been doing that the last decade we'd be much better off. TATF always seems to want to fill the two biggest holes with rookie NCAA Madden players. Most of whom take years to develop or totally flame out. Don't like that strategy at all. Two biggest holes this year were OG and WLB. We can bank on the two rookies breaking out in their season or fix the problem.

13 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

Late first/early second player so we won't grab him

Sony deserves it, but I honestly think the injuries will push him down to late 3rd.  

When I think of Sony in the NFL I don’t see him as a true #1.  I see him in the Coleman role of a 2 headed monster.   He is a better natural runner than Coleman though

4 hours ago, RandomFan said:

OMG the stupid, it burns!

I already forgot his name, but the power back we drafted out of Wyoming last year endorses the bolded above

8 hours ago, CeilinFanOfDeath said:

Tell you what, I'll bet you 100.00 dollars that his size is going to limit him in the NFL, now if he has a killer season next year bump this thread and I'll gladly send you 100.00..but if he does nothing special send me 100.00..you good with this? 

No, I’m betting. Just curious your rationale considering kamura, Ingram, and a ton of backs that produce are in 215 range. Teco just bulked up to that range btw. He weighed 206 at combine and was less by end of his first season

7 hours ago, CeilinFanOfDeath said:

The fu$k man, everyone said we need a power back all last year now ya'll all on Sony which will never be a power back in the NFL.. Ya'll make no sense at all sometimes.. Whatever, draft Sony where all I'll see is post about how he's too small and we need a power back.. Ffs

He runs with power. But you’re talking like a third string banger, right? I mean they could go that way. Hill was a banger. But even at 220+ he couldn’t beat out Ward. He’s on the bengals now and barely used.

more importantly in Sarks scheme a north south runner who can break a tackle and has burst tends to succeed,

sony futs that mold.

not too stay on the UGA tip, but Chubb is a north south guy. Although, Chubb is a less overall talented back imo. Scarborough from bama fits that mold. ballange  maybe. Darrell Williams, maybe. But overall most talented and possibly available to pick, and an upgrade from Teco is probably Michel

If anyone falls to the late 2nd round or even 3rd, it will likely be Chubb not Michel.  We could probably then keep Chubb on the PS for a year, but do we have bigger needs?

I would prefer to use Coleman for a year as much we can and preserve Freeman for future years.  If Coleman then leaves after next year, we can at least say we got all we could out of him.  Plus, Coleman will want next year to be as good of a year for himself as possible since he would be up for FA.

Edited by jlrfalcon
12 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

If anyone falls to the late 2nd round or even 3rd, it will likely be Chubb not Michel.  We could probably then keep Chubb on the PS for a year, but do we have bigger needs?

I would prefer to use Coleman for a year as much we can and preserve Freeman for future years.  If Coleman then leaves after next year, we can at least say we got all we could out of him.  Plus, Coleman will want next year to be as good of a year for himself as possible since he would be up for FA.

Why would a team that carries three backs keep a Chubb on the PS? He would definitely beat out Ward,

4 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Why would a team that carries three backs keep a Chubb on the PS? He would definitely beat out Ward,

RB's might as well be disposables these days - it is like they have a certain # of carries for their lifetimes that you just choose when to use them.  We could save Chubb's lifetime carries for future years.  This is essentially what the Falcons had initially planned to do with Brian Hill last year.

It would also give Chubb another year to make sure that he has fully recovered from his injury before getting NFL hits.  I am not saying that Chubb would be the best option in the 2nd round but one that would be more likely there than Michel.

Just now, jlrfalcon said:

RB's might as well be disposables these days - it is like they have a certain # of carries for their lifetimes that you just choose when to use them.  We could save Chubb's lifetime carries for future years.  This is essentially what the Falcons had initially planned to do with Brian Hill last year.

It would also give Chubb another year to make sure that he has fully recovered from his injury before getting NFL hits.  I am not saying that Chubb would be the best option in the 2nd round but one that would be more likely there than Michel.

I don’t disagree, I’m in the minority but I didn’t like the big extension for free because of that reason. I just can’t see an extension for Teco. His balance is suspect and honestly, I’d rather see him as a slot receiver who gets some touches out of the backfield ala metcalfe 

hill what a wasted pick?

you don’t think he’s recovered? I love Michel better, but I could see Chubb stealing some carries for somebody. He’d be a better goal line option than both free and Teco 

itd be cool to see the falcons actually draft a prominent UGA player. That’s the homer in me talking.

1 hour ago, MSalmon said:

I don’t disagree, I’m in the minority but I didn’t like the big extension for free because of that reason. I just can’t see an extension for Teco. His balance is suspect and honestly, I’d rather see him as a slot receiver who gets some touches out of the backfield ala metcalfe 

hill what a wasted pick?

you don’t think he’s recovered? I love Michel better, but I could see Chubb stealing some carries for somebody. He’d be a better goal line option than both free and Teco 

itd be cool to see the falcons actually draft a prominent UGA player. That’s the homer in me talking.

i hated that contract and still do. So many things were wrong with that contract. How can you pay freeman all that money saying “ youre the guy now”, but this year turn around and say you could sign coleman too.? Makes no sense, wonder if they think they made a mistake with the contract.

11 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Depends on what we do in free agency. I've always been a plug the top two holes with NFL players in free agency and draft BPA in every round at any position kinda guy. Even at QB, WR or RB. I think if we'd been doing that the last decade we'd be much better off. TATF always seems to want to fill the two biggest holes with rookie NCAA Madden players. Most of whom take years to develop or totally flame out. Don't like that strategy at all. Two biggest holes this year were OG and WLB. We can bank on the two rookies breaking out in their season or fix the problem.

Yep, I like that idea. Filling 2 positions through FA and the rest BPA. I think that might be an ideal situation. Sounds good to me.