Just a thought - RB - Sony Michel

5 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Agree not worth for 2nd....3rd may be. If we FIRST get F.A & 2 rounds picks right. 

As much as people downplay R.B position....In my opinion, players like Sony Michel are not  easy to find who can single handedly change the course of a game.

Patriots have - Lewis, White, Burkhead, Gillislee thats why they were able to withstand the whole season when guys like Hogan / Gronk get hurt.

Hes worth a second, the problem is will he be there at our pick?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

What if we let Ward walkaway and get a beast mode like Sony Michel.

This guy has great upbringing....fits our Falcons DNA...excellent in pass / down hill and great in protection. 

Do you think we get him in 3rd? 

Your thoughts? 

He's more of a college back, don't see him doing much if anything in the NFL. His size is going to limit him

5 hours ago, Doctor Kildare said:

I'd hope we could get more for Coleman than just moving up in the second round. If we were going to trade Coleman to move up, I'd want to move up in the 1st to 10-15 and get somebody like Vita Vea, the Notre Dame guard or the pass rusher Davenport.

Coleman isn't a star back, what has he really done to change games? We like Coleman because he has a explosive play every once in a while, but no team is going crazy to land him. 

5 hours ago, Knight of God said:

TATF logic is still thinking RG is the biggest hole after trading for an OL, and drafting two guards. This is why so many of us say, sign a guy. Stop drafting on over and over and using picks. Its redundant.

This^ and to answer your question about Michel, I wouldn’t care if he played for temple, he’s a helluva back. A game changing talent. Nothing wrong with stocking the cupboard at rb btw. Free was banged up, Teco constantly limps and is a soon to be FA.

ward is terrible

18 minutes ago, CeilinFanOfDeath said:

He's more of a college back, don't see him doing much if anything in the NFL. His size is going to limit him

:lol::lol::lol:

2 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

5’11” 215 pounds is not a small back

I know right. What is this guy smoking? Michel is the perfect size for today's NFL. But we won't be able to land him, not unless he somehow makes it to us in the 2nd, and he probably wont.

I'm all for using our 3rd round pick on a RB. The depth at the position this year is ridiculous, and we need to get the eventual successor to Coleman. We do have bigger needs with our 2nd round pick, but if Michel is still on the board I might be very tempted.

5 hours ago, octoslash said:

I love Michel, but first things first. 

I want to see the offensive line improved to the point where it doesn't matter who's carrying the ball

We had 1600ish yards and 12 rushing TDs between a banged up Free and Teco. We were ranked 13th in rushing per game in year one if a new system

not bad at all

2 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

I know right. What is this guy smoking? Michel is the perfect size for today's NFL. But we won't be able to land him, not unless he somehow makes it to us in the 2nd, and he probably wont.

I'm all for using our 3rd round pick on a RB. The depth at the position this year is ridiculous, and we need to get the eventual successor to Coleman. We do have bigger needs with our 2nd round pick, but if Michel is still on the board I might be very tempted.

Lol so not just me, then. Yeah it’ll be doubtful he’ll be there at our second. I’m not adverse to a first on him, but I guess it depends on the board.

its a very good year to add a rb. Lots of good ones. And it’s fairly up there on need level with Teco a pending FA, and let’s face it backs get banged up.

michel is a serious playmaker 

15 minutes ago, CeilinFanOfDeath said:

He's the only rb that can fill our needs, and even if we take him he needs to put on maybe 10 lbs.. We've got to have a larger back that can be used in the redzone 

Geez do you want a fat arsed TJ Duckett? Second coming of Christian Okoye?215 is more than adequate and running style is more important than sheer weight.

Teco is an explosive guy but has suspect balance and one gear. 

31 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Tell you what, I'll bet you 100.00 dollars that his size is going to limit him in the NFL, now if he has a killer season next year bump this thread and I'll gladly send you 100.00..but if he does nothing special send me 100.00..you good with this? 

7 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

What if we let Ward walkaway and get a beast mode like Sony Michel.

This guy has great upbringing....fits our Falcons DNA...excellent in pass / down hill and great in protection. 

Do you think we get him in 3rd? 

Your thoughts? 

would love it but he aint no sit the bench back coleman and freeman gonna give some carries up

26 minutes ago, CeilinFanOfDeath said:

Tell you what, I'll bet you 100.00 dollars that his size is going to limit him in the NFL, now if he has a killer season next year bump this thread and I'll gladly send you 100.00..but if he does nothing special send me 100.00..you good with this? 

Mark Ingram and Kamara are both 215

38 minutes ago, CeilinFanOfDeath said:

Alvin Kamara and Sony are very similar. Size, speed, strengths and game. Almost identical in size. I think Sony will be a nice player in the league