Just a thought - RB - Sony Michel

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, rbrick28 said:

Yeah, I heard TD talk about signing him but I just don't understand why we would want to tie that much money up in the RB position. 

It's all dependent on the deal he gets he's not going to get as much as Freeman did so I'm guessing.So If agent tries to play hardball I'd let him test the market.

To me right now his deal in the scheme of things right down the list.Theyll let him play out this deal and try and get something done after Ryan and the FA picture plays out.

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

I love my Dawgs you know that. But you also know where I stand on RB's this year. BALLLAAAAGGGEEEE!!!!

I love Bama, but the player has to be amazing for me to want him here. We drafted a Bama guard one year and my only thing was, "Why?" Yeah we had a monster run game with him, but so what...lol. 

7 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I love Bama, but the player has to be amazing for me to want him here. We drafted a Bama guard one year and my only thing was, "Why?" Yeah we had a monster run game with him, but so what...lol. 

The only Georgia players I'd be ok with are

Roquan, Wynn, Wims, Thompson, Reed

Wims especially because his that big body fade clutch receiver

2 hours ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

Oh georgia fans wanting every good georgia player even when we're already stacked at the position ...

I wouldn't say that we are stacked when one goes down, and we are missing them. Quit playing that UGA Fans wanting UGA players crap. This kid can straight up ball. As a lot of UGA players can.

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

Why not trade Coleman for a 4th or 5th round pick recoup our lost pick and get Michel in the 2nd?

Thats a more viable option.It's no use loading  up your backfield like that for a guy like Michel to sit there on the bench and do not much.

Only other option I'd have if you had those 3 is make either Coleman or Michel takeover return duties.

Because we can lose him next year and get a 3rd. He will sign a nice size contract in the open market

14 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I wouldn't say that we are stacked when one goes down, and we are missing them. Quit playing that UGA Fans wanting UGA players crap. This kid can straight up ball. As a lot of UGA players can.

DJ Shockley is da future... It happens every year. If we're drafting a UGA player it needs to be Roquan Smith or Wynn. 

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

I feel you man. Right now there aren't many Bama guys I actually want enough to post on the board. I like Payne, Harris, Fitz, Harrison, and Evans. I don't think Fitz will be available, Payne will be awesome and may fall, but I doubt we draft him even if available. Harris, Harrison, and Evans I can see a few guys I like better. 

Home

Posted January 18, 2018 05:26 pm - Updated January 19, 2018 03:18 pm
By

marc.weiszer@onlineathens.com 

Sony Michel’s NFL draft stock has soared after the running back’s showing for Georgia in the College Football Playoff.

At least in the eyes of ESPN’s draft guru Mel Kiper Jr., who jumped Michel up from his No. 10 running back prospect to No. 2 in the last month behind Penn State’s Saquon Barkley.

“I thought he moved up into the late first, early to mid second round,” Kiper said Thursday. “I think when you look at Sony Michel — a solid second-round pick. He’s got that … the bounce outside ability, the inside running ability. He blocks extremely well in pass protection. He can catch the ball out of the backfield.

“I think Sony Michel helped himself probably late this year. He went from a fourth- or fifth-round pick up to a second-round pick.”

Michel didn’t make the latest first round projections by Kiper or Bleacher Reports’ Matt Miller, who has Michel as the No. 5 running back and going in the second round with the No. 41 overall pick to the Raiders in his mock draft. Miller tweeted Thursday he “talked to a scout last night and their early grade has Sony Michel as a late 1st-early 2nd rounder.”

Michel was offensive MVP of the Rose Bowl after rushing for a career-best 181 yards and scoring four touchdowns, including one receiving in a win against Oklahoma. He led Georgia in rushing in the national title game loss to Alabama with 98 yards on 14 carries.

Michel isn’t on the roster for the Senior Bowl next week in Mobile, Ala.

Neither is Nick Chubb, his former Georgia teammate and Kiper’s No. 6 running back.

Only one of Kiper’s top 10 running backs, No. 5 Rashaad Penny from San Diego State, is on a Senior Bowl roster.

Chubb declined an invite to the Senior Bowl, according to his agent Pay Dye Jr., to “focus on combine preparation. Let’s not forget he played a very physical 15-game schedule that just ended 10 days ago.”

Kiper said Chubb has dropped to the third- to fifth-round range. He said Michel’s pass blocking and versatility as a runner differentiate him from Chubb.

“Nick Chubb probably went from a late one, early to mid two when the season began to more of a third- to fourth- or fifth-round pick,” Kiper said.

Chubb and Michel are the No. 2 and 3 rushers on Georgia’s career rushing list.

Chubb, also the SEC’s No. 2 all-time rusher, ran for 1,345 yards and 15 touchdowns this season with a 6.0 per carry average and Michel had 1,227 rushing yards and 16 touchdowns and a 7.9 per carry average.

Outside linebacker Davin Bellamy, who accepted a Senior Bowl invite, now won’t play, according to his agent, but will be in Mobile for interviews and meetings with NFL teams.

Bellamy, like Chubb, is training for the NFL combine, and is also recovering from a small ankle injury sustained in the playoffs, according to Evan Rosenburg.

That leaves wide receiver Javon Wims and offensive lineman Isaiah Wynn as the two former Georgia players that will play in the Senior Bowl. Practices are next week and the game is Jan. 23.

http://onlineathens.com/sports/dogbytes/2018-01-18/sony-michel-s-nfl-draft-stock-rises-after-playoff-showing

Please don't start your University of Georgia hate they have some players this year it's a reason why they finished second in the nation if we lose Coleman I want Sony in the second. I definitely want Isaiah Wynn and depending on where they fall we could use Carter, Bellamy or Sanders. Either we want to win or we want to play emotional games. The dreaded Patriots need something they go and get it they don't care if it is October or November. We say veterans won't learn our system. Look at the Eagles they go get Ajayi even though they have 2 backs. One day Im praying we will have a leave no stone unturned attitude. 

24 minutes ago, Gold4425 said:

Please don't start your University of Georgia hate they have some players this year it's a reason why they finished second in the nation if we lose Coleman I want Sony in the second. I definitely want Isaiah Wynn and depending on where they fall we could use Carter, Bellamy or Sanders. Either we want to win or we want to play emotional games. The dreaded Patriots need something they go and get it they don't care if it is October or November. We say veterans won't learn our system. Look at the Eagles they go get Ajayi even though they have 2 backs. One day Im praying we will have a leave no stone unturned attitude. 

Of course they do but we’re not drafting players just because they went to UGA. Especially when it’s not a need. 

And Sony will be drafted before we find out if we resign Coleman so it’s a moot point. 

Edited by falconsfan4life3
3 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

I think Christian Payne as a UDFA is worth a look  see at FB 

2 hours ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

DJ Shockley is da future... It happens every year. If we're drafting a UGA player it needs to be Roquan Smith or Wynn. 

Just because he plays for Ga,  doesn't mean he's no good , every one of those guys listed are very  talented .

2 minutes ago, Slappywhite said:

Coleman for a 5th and a move up in the 2nd ?  .   

It’s all about how other teams see his value. Alt of teams wouldn’t trade a higher pick for a player in their contract year. Maybe the 49ers bc He is familiar to them. I was saying if you trade with a team like the 49ers maybe a You could trade Coleman and a 2nd for their 2 and a 4th or 5th. That would move you up to the top of the 2nd round and you would get an extra pick. 

22 minutes ago, Slappywhite said:

I think Christian Payne as a UDFA is worth a look  see at FB 

Just because he plays for Ga,  doesn't mean he's no good , every one of those guys listed are very  talented .

I think they're all super talented guys. I think it's funny to hear outcry to draft him when RB is one of the most stacked positions on our team. Like people would rather draft Michel as a 3rd RB than a starting RG. But GA college allegiance over significant team need always rears its head every draft :P All I'm saying, I like UGA players and am fine drafting them, unless it's at a position of non-need when way better players at positions of need will be available.

12 minutes ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

I think they're all super talented guys. I think it's funny to hear outcry to draft him when RB is one of the most stacked positions on our team. Like people would rather draft Michel as a 3rd RB than a starting RG. But GA college allegiance over significant team need always rears its head every draft :P All I'm saying, I like UGA players and am fine drafting them, unless it's at a position of non-need when way better players at positions of need will be available.

Exactly , i couldnt have said it better , the notion of , oh he plays for Ga , dont draft him BS , wherever they come from , if they can make this team better , then draft them .