Just a thought - RB - Sony Michel

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Slappywhite said:

watching him now on NFL.com , good tough player , that guy needs a look just because of his blitz pickup skills , nevermind he can get some tough short yards and catch the ball out of the backfield , well worth a look , color me impressed. 

Your not alone:D

28 minutes ago, Slappywhite said:

watching him now on NFL.com , good tough player , that guy needs a look just because of his blitz pickup skills , nevermind he can get some tough short yards and catch the ball out of the backfield , well worth a look , color me impressed. 

I called Le'Veon Bell when he came out and this year I'm hanging my hat on Ballage

Bell and Ajayi I'm 2/2 so far

38 minutes ago, Doctor Kildare said:

I'd hope we could get more for Coleman than just moving up in the second round. If we were going to trade Coleman to move up, I'd want to move up in the 1st to 10-15 and get somebody like Vita Vea, the Notre Dame guard or the pass rusher Davenport.

The issue is Coleman is a RB and is in his contract year. I could see trading Coleman and a 2nd to move up for a 2nd and maybe a 5th. Coleman is probably only worth between a 3rd and 5th. 

3 minutes ago, rbrick28 said:

The issue is Coleman is a RB and is in his contract year. I could see trading Coleman and a 2nd to move up for a 2nd and maybe a 5th. Coleman is probably only worth between a 3rd and 5th. 

Coleman worth a 3rd rounder at the least. We should draft one next year if we lose him. Good RB’s can make an impact right away.

Edited by falconsfan4life3
3 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

The only thing I'd change about your suggested is I would trade Free but I'm sure cap stuff wouldn't allow it 

We all got our favourites man and unfortunately with Frees deal already done if anyone were to go I think would be Coleman.

Im not hating either it would be a straight business decision is all.

38 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Why not trade Coleman for a 4th or 5th round pick recoup our lost pick and get Michel in the 2nd?

Thats a more viable option.It's no use loading  up your backfield like that for a guy like Michel to sit there on the bench and do not much.

Only other option I'd have if you had those 3 is make either Coleman or Michel takeover return duties.

I agree. I would trade Coleman and recoup some value or use him, to help move up in the draft for something. No way we can sign him to an extension. He is a good player but we are tied to Freeman now. 

Just now, rbrick28 said:

I agree. I would trade Coleman and recoup some value or use him, to help move up in the draft for something. No way we can sign him to an extension. He is a good player but we are tied to Freeman now. 

They can sign him TD has already said as much the question becomes value over what is in the draft and like we've both said can we recoup a lost draft pick while not losing production at the position.

I think he stays but it's an option the FO has probably already looking into.

3 minutes ago, rbrick28 said:

Not according to Dimitroff.

“I believe you could realistically do it,” Dimitroff said, via the team’s website. “I think, again, it comes back to an earlier question when you’re talking about looking at all the different spots on the roster and what you can do to create the space.”

https://www.google.com/amp/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/19/falcons-think-its-realistic-to-keep-devonta-freeman-and-tevin-coleman/amp/

Edited by falconsfan4life3
2 minutes ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

Okay....

Use a day 2 pick on a third string back and a position of strength on a position that has lost most of it's luster as a major part of the game...Whereas our biggest hole is at the RG spot...

#TATFLogic

TATF logic is still thinking RG is the biggest hole after trading for an OL, and drafting two guards. This is why so many of us say, sign a guy. Stop drafting on over and over and using picks. Its redundant.

5 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

They can sign him TD has already said as much the question becomes value over what is in the draft and like we've both said can we recoup a lost draft pick while not losing production at the position.

I think he stays but it's an option the FO has probably already looking into.

Yeah, I heard TD talk about signing him but I just don't understand why we would want to tie that much money up in the RB position. I feel the money can be used better in other areas. 

Edited by rbrick28
2 minutes ago, falconsfan4life3 said:

Not according to Dimitroff.

“I believe you could realistically do it,” Dimitroff said, via the team’s website. “I think, again, it comes back to an earlier question when you’re talking about looking at all the different spots on the roster and what you can do to create the space.”

https://www.google.com/amp/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/19/falcons-think-its-realistic-to-keep-devonta-freeman-and-tevin-coleman/amp/

Yeah I heard that too but I honestly don't understand why we would want to have that much money tied up in one position. I personally don't think its the best way to build a team. I hop Coleman gets paid just not by us.