Just a thought - RB - Sony Michel

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

Late first/early second player so we won't grab him

Agree not worth for 2nd....3rd may be. If we FIRST get F.A & 2 rounds picks right. 

As much as people downplay R.B position....In my opinion, players like Sony Michel are not  easy to find who can single handedly change the course of a game.

Patriots have - Lewis, White, Burkhead, Gillislee thats why they were able to withstand the whole season when guys like Hogan / Gronk get hurt.

Just now, rbrick28 said:

I think he will end up going late 1st early 2nd round. I would be willing to trade our 2nd and Coleman to move up in the 2nd to get Sony. Maybe the 49ers would want Coleman. I know it’s probably wishful thinking but we are going to lose Coleman.

No way we give away Coleman....we need to let Ward walkaway and get aggressive in draft even though we may have to part with some late round picks.

We are going to lose Coleman after next year anyway. No way you sign him to an extension. If you are planning to keep Coleman for next year then there is no reason to draft a RB early. We would be wasting a pick. We don’t use Coleman and Freeman enough in our offense. No way Sark will be creative enough to use 3 RB in the same backfield. 

6 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Agree not worth for 2nd....3rd may be. If we FIRST get F.A & 2 rounds picks right. 

As much as people downplay R.B position....In my opinion, players like Sony Michel are not  easy to find who can single handedly change the course of a game.

Patriots have - Lewis, White, Burkhead, Gillislee thats why they were able to withstand the whole season when guys like Hogan / Gronk get hurt.

I love Michel but prefer Kalen Ballage

11 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

I'd be pretty upset if we spent a Day 1 or Day 2 pick on a RB. Day 3 pick for good value would be fine. But our strength at RB and the strength of the RB free agent market makes me prefer to go elsewhere with our draft capital. 

I’d rather have a guy like FB Flowers in the later rounds. 

37 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

I'd be pretty upset if we spent a Day 1 or Day 2 pick on a RB. Day 3 pick for good value would be fine. But our strength at RB and the strength of the RB free agent market makes me prefer to go elsewhere with our draft capital. 

What about if they traded Coleman for a 3rd or 4th rounder and landed Michael in the 2nd?

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

What about if they traded Coleman for a 3rd or 4th rounder and landed Michael in the 2nd?

Would need to watch more of Sony to figure out how I'd feel about that. I havent really given all that much thought to how to handle Coleman going into his Y4. That could be a reasonable way to handle the situation. 

Just now, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Would need to watch more of Sony to figure out how I'd feel about that. I havent really given all that much thought to how to handle Coleman going into his Y4. That could be a reasonable way to handle the situation. 

Yeah that's my thoughts if they can't hold onto him and if something like resigning Poe for example and someone becomes expendable while still getting some sought of value back I'd trade him in a heartbeat if I knew I could replace him with a guy like Michel.

37 minutes ago, rbrick28 said:

I think he will end up going late 1st early 2nd round. I would be willing to trade our 2nd and Coleman to move up in the 2nd to get Sony. Maybe the 49ers would want Coleman. I know it’s probably wishful thinking but we are going to lose Coleman.

I'd hope we could get more for Coleman than just moving up in the second round. If we were going to trade Coleman to move up, I'd want to move up in the 1st to 10-15 and get somebody like Vita Vea, the Notre Dame guard or the pass rusher Davenport.

Why not trade Coleman for a 4th or 5th round pick recoup our lost pick and get Michel in the 2nd?

Thats a more viable option.It's no use loading  up your backfield like that for a guy like Michel to sit there on the bench and do not much.

Only other option I'd have if you had those 3 is make either Coleman or Michel takeover return duties.