theProf

Falcons show keen interest in Appalachian State guard Colby Gossett

47 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, HMFIC said:

Nope , Nope, and NOPE !  He would be fine for depth and backup, but we need an experienced Guard from FA.  We can't expect for improvement next season with a rookie Guard, We have tried that already, and Ryan rarely had time to go through his progressions. That was a Major reason for the offensive dropoff, not the only reason, but a  MAJOR reason. 

Meh, that (being a rookie) doesn’t correlate just because the guy we had in there before him stunk. We just need To get someone more talented in there. That to me is the bigger issue.

citsalp likes this

5 hours ago, Knight of God said:

If you draft Gossett, no need for Wynn. One or the other.

If they cut Levitre could be a need for two guards. Even if they don’t, to groom a round 3 guard for a season is reasonable.

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Meh, that (being a rookie) doesn’t correlate just because the guy we had in there before him stunk. We just need To get someone more talented in there. That to me is the bigger issue.

I hate to say it, but it appears that Shweitzer just doesn't have enough talent/ability to be a starting Guard in the NFL. The Falcons tried, and he tried, but it just wasn't enough. And it will probably be difficult for any drafted OG to assume a starting role, unless they are a very high draft choice. That's why most would like to see Atlanta sign a proven vet at the OG position.

ShadyRef and Vandy like this

2 hours ago, theProf said:

I hate to say it, but it appears that Shweitzer just doesn't have enough talent/ability to be a starting Guard in the NFL. The Falcons tried, and he tried, but it just wasn't enough. And it will probably be difficult for any drafted OG to assume a starting role, unless they are a very high draft choice. That's why most would like to see Atlanta sign a proven vet at the OG position.

That' why they call him the Prof.

22 hours ago, Vandy said:

6’6” 310....checks a lot of boxes for us. I think he would start day 1. 

That was a hard vid to locate him, but he looked good. Strong kid

Vandy likes this

12 hours ago, Vandy said:

http://www.nfldraftgeek.com/december-23rd-bowl-scouting-guide/

pro football focus rated him as the top run blocking g in his junior year. 

Vandy and red falcon like this

21 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

http://www.nfldraftgeek.com/december-23rd-bowl-scouting-guide/

pro football focus rated him as the top run blocking g in his junior year. 

MSalmon thanks for providing the link and that tidbit of very good information about Gossett.  The complete quoted excerpt as follows:

"App State’s RG Colby Gossett is a name that not a lot of people may know about but he is a two time All Sun Belt recipient and was graded by Pro Football Focus as the top run blocking guard during his junior year. At 6’6 315lbs he has the size needed to have success in the league."

red falcon likes this

On 1/25/2018 at 1:16 PM, Knight of God said:

If you draft Gossett, no need for Wynn. One or the other.

Not even as Andy Levitre's future replacement? Im not good at judging oline but it's wes serviceable to hold down a guard spot for the future? 

On 1/25/2018 at 5:36 PM, Vandy said:

What's your opinion of fusco? I think health has been an issue than talent along the oline. 

7 minutes ago, ShadyRef said:

Not even as Andy Levitre's future replacement? Im not good at judging oline but it's wes serviceable to hold down a guard spot for the future? 

This is old

ShadyRef likes this

17 hours ago, ShadyRef said:

Lol shady.....know where you got the name

ShadyRef likes this