the "Current" LB corp

delaigle

2 minutes ago, insertnamehere said:

Alford wasn't trash? Lol, ya'll selective memory, boy I tell you.

Like I mentioned before, Alford played his way into the starting lineup, Riley played his way out of it.

Alford picked Brees in his very first game, as the Nickel.  That one play was more than Riley showed all season.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, insertnamehere said:

Listen........tomato tomahto, potato potahto. Alford is 10xs better a player now that he was in his first few years. True or False? Rico is a better player now than he was during his first few years here. True or False? Some players take time to develop. True or False? But, ya'll got it. I'm not about to go back and forth because it's not that serious lol. Duke is trash and will forever be trash with no hope of improving after just playing one year in the league. Same with other rookies who struggle in their first year as well.

No Alford is not ten times better.  The guy was always very competitive.

His timing has gotten better so he's not getting those 3 or 4 big penalties a year he got in the first couple of years.

This dude has always balled though, which is why he has started every game he's been healthy for 5 years.

I have no idea what the Falcons are thinking with WLB, maybe they think Duke is coming along fine, or maybe they are concerned with his lack of competitiveness this year.

I am just saying I wouldn't be surprised if they invest in the position.  I think it is one of the few positions on the team that can still be regarded as a "hole", at least from the fan's perspective.

Just now, Knight of God said:

I love that guy

I'm getting disappointed with everybody saying add depth.

**** I understand we can't add talent to replace everybody but I'm over the word depth infact I'm going to refuse to use that word.

The guys whoever we add should be able to come in here and put pressure on starters that's the guy's I'm looking for.

Depth can be exactly that sit on the pine bag groceries whatever I hate that word.

3 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

**** I understand we can't add talent to replace everybody but I'm over the word depth infact I'm going to refuse to use that word.

The guys whoever we add should be able to come in here and put pressure on starters that's the guy's I'm looking for.

Depth can be exactly that sit on the pine bag groceries whatever I hate that word.

I grew to hate that word years ago and I think now people are beginning to see what I'm saying. This board hates talented players. They love stories and watches so-so players have a flash moment. That's all. At some point it has to be taken less for granted that we just traded for an OL and drafted two. One in the 6th and one in the 4th. You have to at some point get those talented playmakers in the draft to help those linemen on both sides of the ball. Lineman don't magically make your team better. Our OL isn't that bad. Matt held the ball too long waiting for those long and predictable routes to end. That would make any line look bad and defeats the purpose of WCO.

9 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I grew to hate that word years ago and I think now people are beginning to see what I'm saying. This board hates talented players. They love stories and watches so-so players have a flash moment. That's all. At some point it has to be taken less for granted that we just traded for an OL and drafted two. One in the 6th and one in the 4th. You have to at some point get those talented playmakers in the draft to help those linemen on both sides of the ball. Lineman don't magically make your team better. Our OL isn't that bad. Matt held the ball too long waiting for those long and predictable routes to end. That would make any line look bad and defeats the purpose of WCO.

Cough get jimmy graham cough 

12 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Pasztor and Sambrailo...I think at least one of those guys have something to offer.

18 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Great post. 

Depth guys usually are mediocre or players you don’t want playing for a long period of time. You want your team to be built to last. Continuing to add legit talent helps your team become essentially  future proof just in case injuries happen.

You also have additional assets that can help in trades. 

9 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

30 OL drafted or signed in 5 years. $100 mil being spent on offense to defense's $50 mil and $50 mil being spent on OL. I don't care what is given to whom, but that's for perspective.

In the words of FFS70, troffed. Jk But I think people want another OL picked in the top 2 rounds and/or everything around Ryan to be perfect. I totally get the idea of wanting more at the Guard position, it’s been a challenge getting a consistent solid OL around Ryan for more than 1 season. It’s just sometimes you have to be happy with what you got if its potentially detracting from other positions.

48 minutes ago, Jerz said:

In the words of FFS70, troffed. Jk But I think people want another OL picked in the top 2 rounds and/or everything around Ryan to be perfect. I totally get the idea of wanting more at the Guard position, it’s been a challenge getting a consistent solid OL around Ryan for more than 1 season. It’s just sometimes you have to be happy with what you got if its potentially detracting from other positions.

This is true. I don't feel like Ty, Wes, or Harlow has hurt us. I actually think Wes came on strong for us late this season and Harlow may actually be better. Ty is rumored to be looked on as the eventual replacement to Levitre who is 32 this year. So we have at least another 2 seasons (hopefully) to build those guys up. A first round Guard could be painful when we could still use WR, TE, DT, LB, and even DB.