Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Sunday Night Baseball

8 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

I'm surprised he would leave MLB Network. ESPN must have offered a nice payday.

For real. He had a cushy setup at MLB Network.

44 minutes ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

Disney owns FOX, so the execs probably made the decision to move him over.

Disney owns the FSN's. Matty V didn't work for the RSN's. He worked games on Fox and FS1 and worked for MLB Network. None of those things are owned by ESPN. So it was Matty V's own decision to make the move. 

I'm watching hot stove and Matty V is still on there. I wonder if maybe ESPN and MLB Network made a deal that allows him to do both games the same way guys like Smoltz and Verducci are routinely both on Fox and MLB Network.

23 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I'm watching hot stove and Matty V is still on there. I wonder if maybe ESPN and MLB Network made a deal that allows him to do both games the same way guys like Smoltz and Verducci are routinely both on Fox and MLB Network.

Yep, they did an interview recently and ESPN said they had "shared talent" agreements. MLB Network just had to sign off on it if he wanted the job. They did and the rest is history. He'll only appear on SNB for ESPN. He won't do any Baseball Tonight or anything. He'll do that type of stuff for MLB Network.

Falconsfan567 likes this

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Yep, they did an interview recently and ESPN said they had "shared talent" agreements. MLB Network just had to sign off on it if he wanted the job. They did and the rest is history. He'll only appear on SNB for ESPN. He won't do any Baseball Tonight or anything. He'll do that type of stuff for MLB Network.

That's awesome. More networks should do things like that.