Sounds like DQ likes GA Guard Isaiah Wynn

8 minutes ago, etherdome said:

Davenport is impressing at the Senior Bowl practices.  I think he will be taken in the first half of the opening round.  

4 minutes ago, TexasFalcon4Life said:

On the rise like Reddick last year.

Yeah, y’all could be right. He’s a fantastic specimen. A legit 6’6” 260 with teradactyl wingspans 

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, atljbo said:

i see ppls saying grab a guard in FA .. We are paying Schrader, Matthews (he is about the get 11+ mil a year) , mack.....  Yall really think we have the funds to pay a FA guard ?

I think we need to draft a guard and pay a guard - even at the expense of being unable to re-sign Dontari Poe.

Looking at draft and free agency,  I am only signing a guard if he is clear upgrade though.   Might look at something like this:

Sign Andrew Norwell, OG Panthers

Draft Isaiah Wynn(OG) in 1st round (lose Andy Levitre)

Draft Tim Settle/Lowell Lotuelei/Trenton Thompson (DT) in 2nd round   (lose Dontari Poe)

By the money you saved by releasing Levitre and not re-signing Poe, you can easily afford to pay Norwell his market value.   While losing Poe is not ideal, I don't think Falcons want long term high dollar deals for both Poe and Jarrett and clearly we will re-sign Jarrett and it will be expensive.

Wynn can battle and likely overtake Schweitzer/Garland for one starter - Norwell at the other starter - and now the offensive line is fortified so that Matt can be as much of a weapon as we need him to be.  Sark will be out of excuses if the Offense doesn't go in 2018.

8 minutes ago, TexasFalcon4Life said:

I know. I like Kazee but if we had a chance to draft Harrison, take it. Move Kazee to NB and use his ballhawk skills. Watching Senoir bowl practice. The guys talked up Davenport. Also, I read about moving Beasley to DE. So, does DQ think highly of Riley or do we invest in a LB? 

I agree on Kazee. He’d be great at nb. I get the rico love, but it’d be nice to get a legit ballhawk at FS.

good question. We still could use use someone better and younger than Reynolds and Ishmael is ok. 

I don’t know how they view Riley. I love his speed and athleticism, but he looked lost out there. Maybe he’ll come around 

Just now, MSalmon said:

I agree on Kazee. He’d be great at nb. I get the rico love, but it’d be nice to get a legit ballhawk at FS.

good question. We still could use use someone better and younger than Reynolds and Ishmael is ok. 

I don’t know how they view Riley. I love his speed and athleticism, but he looked lost out there. Maybe he’ll come around 

That’s the key on Riley. Speed and athleticism. One of my biggest negatives on him is he only started one year at LSU. It’s a big jump from college to the NFL, even for a seasoned prospect. But when you’re inexperienced as he was, there’s going to be an even bigger learning curve. 

5 minutes ago, TexasFalcon4Life said:

That’s the key on Riley. Speed and athleticism. One of my biggest negatives on him is he only started one year at LSU. It’s a big jump from college to the NFL, even for a seasoned prospect. But when you’re inexperienced as he was, there’s going to be an even bigger learning curve. 

No doubt. But, who knows, maybe we’ll see that speed and athleticism translate on field.

but if we’re using Seattle as a baseline defense —which kinda makes sense because of DQ—they always had a deep and varied group of LBs. 

My dream pick—it won’t happen—would be to move up and grab Roquan Smith. Can you imagine Debo, Campbell and Smith on the field with Takk and Beasley off the edge? That’d be amazing 

8 minutes ago, TexasFalcon4Life said:

Wanna guess how many years Deion Jones started at LSU

8 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

No doubt. But, who knows, maybe we’ll see that speed and athleticism translate on field.

but if we’re using Seattle as a baseline defense —which kinda makes sense because of DQ—they always had a deep and varied group of LBs. 

My dream pick—it won’t happen—would be to move up and grab Roquan Smith. Can you imagine Debo, Campbell and Smith on the field with Takk and Beasley off the edge? That’d be amazing 

I think Roquan can be a star in NFL as well - however, I just don't believe for a few reasons this will happen:

1) Not a good match for what we really need right now (OG/DT/TE/WR)

2) Not only not a true NEED, but also would require a significant move up the board - thus surrendering MINIMUM, our 2nd round draft pick.  So now we are down a high pick an we have not hit on our 4 biggest needs.  Further, even if we sign an OG in free agency, doubt we do that plus keep Poe.

3) lot of duplication with Debo and Roquan in their size and skill set.  While it would be GREAT to have two guys like that as opposed to one, just don't think it is judicious use of draft resources.

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

I think Roquan can be a star in NFL as well - however, I just don't believe for a few reasons this will happen:

1) Not a good match for what we really need right now (OG/DT/TE/WR)

2) Not only not a true NEED, but also would require a significant move up the board - thus surrendering MINIMUM, our 2nd round draft pick.  So now we are down a high pick an we have not hit on our 4 biggest needs.  Further, even if we sign an OG in free agency, doubt we do that plus keep Poe.

3) lot of duplication with Debo and Roquan in their size and skill set.  While it would be GREAT to have two guys like that as opposed to one, just don't think it is judicious use of draft resources.

No doubt. That’s why I said it wouldn’t happen

your #3 is an interesting point

Good gracious, it’d be a thing of beauty to watch lol

10 minutes ago, TexasFalcon4Life said:

I know. The same. Jones is in a different class than Riley. I was talking about him personally and not comparing him to anyone.

there were several scouting publications that actually had Riley ranked as high or higher than Debo coming out - not saying they were right - but the difference is not as great as you think.

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

I don't believe Riley will ever be as good as Debo, but it is too soon to call him a bust - give the guy another year - a healthy year - before we start judging him.

I agree. Some on here are already so quick to label him. Yes, he looked rough. But my God, let’s give him the benefit of doubt before we toss him to the curb. 

1 hour ago, MSalmon said:

True. Dream come true for a lot of us. Even if Riley pans out we still need quality depth at LB. What we have now is not that good. God forbid, we need a back up to play significant snaps. Many would argue and yes OL is one priority but the only difference this year over last was health and the loss of Chester.  I just don’t know if a quality OG will be worth the pick at 26. There are a lot of variables at play before we can absolutely say without a shadow of a doubt, that we desperately need an OG in the 1st. I feel a much higher priority than an OG will be available at 26th. But on the other hand, we aren’t getting any younger. 

I just think there will be better DT/DE/LB/FS BPAs available at 26 than an OG. Yes, Wynn and Price will be good players but would drafting them at 26 outweigh drafting say, e.g. a top notched DT/DE/LB or FS? I don’t know but I’d rather risk the pick on the latter.

6 hours ago, MSalmon said:

I wouldn’t complain. 

Im not really anti-Wynn. I just think where you’re slotting him is where I’d want to draft him,

theyll be some really good players at #26. We moved up to #26 to grab Takk right?

if we went OL in first, my personal favorite is Price. I think if Mack gets injured, or declines he can seamlessly move to C.

after the Person experiment, not having a compentant OC frightens me :rant:

Me as well on C.

It’s early, but I can’t see Wynn as a 1st rounder.

4 hours ago, g-dawg said:

I think we need to draft a guard and pay a guard - even at the expense of being unable to re-sign Dontari Poe.

Looking at draft and free agency,  I am only signing a guard if he is clear upgrade though.   Might look at something like this:

Sign Andrew Norwell, OG Panthers

Draft Isaiah Wynn(OG) in 1st round (lose Andy Levitre)

Draft Tim Settle/Lowell Lotuelei/Trenton Thompson (DT) in 2nd round   (lose Dontari Poe)

By the money you saved by releasing Levitre and not re-signing Poe, you can easily afford to pay Norwell his market value.   While losing Poe is not ideal, I don't think Falcons want long term high dollar deals for both Poe and Jarrett and clearly we will re-sign Jarrett and it will be expensive.

Wynn can battle and likely overtake Schweitzer/Garland for one starter - Norwell at the other starter - and now the offensive line is fortified so that Matt can be as much of a weapon as we need him to be.  Sark will be out of excuses if the Offense doesn't go in 2018.

I can't see that at all .. dude is getting 10-12 mil a year ... I don't think it's a choice between poe and a FA guard ... it's that Matt ryan, Jake matthews, and Grady jarrett about to get paidddddd ... then in another year or 2 u have our young talent... 

TD has been smart ..  alot of the contracts like Alford and Free are easy to get out of in 2 years ... TD is getting ready for those years too .  

I just can't see us bringing in an expensive guard

6 hours ago, TexasFalcon4Life said:

I like Watkins a lot. Across from Julio and Sanu in the slot would be insane. Another target to stretch the field.

I don't think we will but with Sanu being cuttable the end of next season I think Watkins could step right in to that #2 role just fine.Just keeping my eyes on the horizon is all.