Sounds like DQ likes GA Guard Isaiah Wynn

14 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Wynn could be just like Neal was you never know if the FO and coach like him that much 26 could be where we take him.Ideally with a trade down down to get another 2nd or 3rd round pick.

I like the idea of trading down and getting more picks. I really like C/OG Price over Wynn. Another on a DT. 

Edited by TexasFalcon4Life
  • Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Telling you bro your FA predictions of Breeland Watkins and Cooper could be on the money man.

Watkins for me with Sanu's money gone after next season I think he's a real weapon to add.

I like Watkins a lot. Across from Julio and Sanu in the slot would be insane. Another target to stretch the field.

15 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

Dude straight balled last year. He's worth it.

Dude went 50+ passing attempts without allowing a pressure at the beginning of the season. Then didn't allow a pressure during the Title game.

And on 258 passing snaps he allowed 5 pressures. That's incredible. He will be late first early second.

Exactly!! Which is why I said I'd love to take him at 26. 

9 hours ago, MSalmon said:

Agree. Man, at our pick we could be looking at Ronnie Harrison, Justin reid, Marcus Davenport, Harold Landry, Sam Hubbard and a plethora of fantastic players just sitting there. 

Can you imagine Keanu and Harrison roaming that secondary ? Reid and Harrison add a playmaking dimension over a Rico, who we severely overpay if not careful 

Or Davenport’s Long athletic arse in our pass rush arsenal? Hubbard is a better Clayborn almost immediately. Landry is an athletic edge guy to bolster the rotation as well. 

i keep looking at our needs and the reality is we have Clayborn coming off a season that looks great, but is inflated by a six sack game against a hapless cowboy team. Brooks Reed has a $5.4m cap hit at age 30, coming off a slightly better than Kroy Biermann  year, and Shelby and Crawford offer little in the way of pass rush. 

In short, why overpay Clayborn, and how much longer do you pay Reed fairly big dollars? I could see us grabbing a pass rusher in the first over an OG. That gives Takk and the rook on cheap deals with a 5th year option.

end of the day 39 sacks is pretty good, but take out Clayborn’s freak gigantic day and it’s a lot less impressive. Ditto on INTs and FFs. We had a whopping -2 giveaway/takeaway. That’s not yet a championship defense.

we need a defensive playmaker to get over that next hurdle. So how does picking a G in the first help that?

or let’s go even further, we have Sanu, JJ, and Hoop as our receiving threats. The Hardy love is simply way overrated. How about Teco who’s going into contract year—do you pass on a Sony Michel or Nick Chubb? Why would you? 

I like Harrison and Hubbard too. Also like the Texas kid,  Elliott at FS. 

6 hours ago, falconsfan4life3 said:

I want Desean Elliott FS from Texas. Would fit perfect next to Neal. Only 20 years old, 6 interceptions, tackles well, good range and has good size. Could be our Safety combo for the next decade+.

I’d pass on Chubb or Michel. No reason we can’t draft a RB next year if we do end up losing Coleman.

I’ve been wanting him all along. I got to see him a lot living here in TX. would be a stud in our system. Paired along with Neal would be amazing. 

4 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

More picks in the draft isnt a myth...its basic economics. 

But your ultimate point, which I take to be "pick the right players and build a strong team" rather than "this one piece will fix everything" is spot-on, dude. 

This team isnt any one player away from greatness. Not a guard, not a WR, not a TE, not a DT (well...maybe like three of them). 

It's always going to be about how the pieces are developed and utilized. 

So true. Although, We have come along way from having very few good players on this team. We are not one, two or three players away from greatness. Drafting wisely and developing them is crucial. Sprinkle in FAs as needed. 

Also EVERYONE in the thread needs to calm down. 

I think I speak for all of the mods that we dont want to spend the next 8 months tossing points and bans at established posters simply because you guys can't talk about FA/draft in a civil manner. 

Stop the insults, stop the nonsense. Grow up. 

Thank you. Childish antics on this board gets ridiculous. 

3 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

There's wisdom in this. We're fortunate enough to have relatively few holes on the roster so we can really focus on finding the right player without having to draft a dude as a "repair." That doesnt mean we should draft a guard that we like over a defensive end that we LOVE, but it is worth looking at how any drafted player is going to fit into his spot on the field. And there are many many worse situations than to put a guard prospect that you really like into an OL between two pro bowl-level OL. 

True. It all depends on who DQ/TD have as priorities on their draft board. I would say drafting someone they love is more important than drafting one they like. Likes can be found in later rounds. Also, if someone falls, then how can you pass over that talent if he fits one of our needs. 

1 minute ago, TexasFalcon4Life said:

I feel he’s gone by 26th.  I’d love it if he’s still there.

Could be. This is a decent draft. Someone will fall. I think a lot depends on how teams view the QBs. There’s quite a few, but not any Andrew Luck types. I’m pretty sure Nelson goes quic, as he’s an elite OG prospect. 

Plus, you’ve got some great rbs who might get in first round, 

Itll be interesting to see what shakes out at #26

personally I’d love to have either:

1) Marcus Davenport, Edge

2) Ronnie Harrison 

3) Da’Ron Payne, DT bama

and don’t laugh, but I wouldn’t mind seeing us grab Sony Michel if he was there at #26. I just don’t know how we can afford Teco going forward, and he’d be a heckuva weapon in this offense. 

Yeah, I’m reaching on Michel being a Falcon. 

8 minutes ago, HEIST said:

Unless someone like Minkah or Ridley drops not impressed with S or WR. This draft is much weaker than last years... 

DT or OG in round 1. 

Maybe, but you’ve got some good edge guys like Landry. Hubbard is a better Clayborn. Davenport could be a gem. 

I wouldn’t say that it’s a sexy draft but there are some good players available.

55 minutes ago, Doctor Kildare said:

It sounds like Wynn is doing well in Senior Bowl practices according to D Orlando Ledbetter:

"He was working at left guard in practice and dominating in his one-on-one matchups. The Falcons are closely watching Wynn, who’s a projected top-50 pick. He might not be around when the Falcons pick in the second round."

Yeah he dominated some decent DL. Made Alabama’s DL Hand look like a kid on a couple reps. 

48 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Could be. This is a decent draft. Someone will fall. I think a lot depends on how teams view the QBs. There’s quite a few, but not any Andrew Luck types. I’m pretty sure Nelson goes quic, as he’s an elite OG prospect. 

Plus, you’ve got some great rbs who might get in first round, 

Itll be interesting to see what shakes out at #26

personally I’d love to have either:

1) Marcus Davenport, Edge

2) Ronnie Harrison 

3) Da’Ron Payne, DT bama

and don’t laugh, but I wouldn’t mind seeing us grab Sony Michel if he was there at #26. I just don’t know how we can afford Teco going forward, and he’d be a heckuva weapon in this offense. 

Yeah, I’m reaching on Michel being a Falcon. 

Love either of those guys. Michel too. I just think we have greater needs than RB. Didn’t TD mention they’ll try to resign Teco? Davenport would be a dream. Never have too many pass rushers. DE is a need since there are several players hitting FA. Also,  Even though Poe is a question mark, I think DT is a priority even if we resign him. Not sure how Crawford will come back from injury.  DQ loves Rico and I wonder if they believe FS is a need. That being said, if Harrison is available, how can you pass on him? TE & WR wouldn’t hurt. I like Gesicki or Goedert at TE. Ateman or Pettis at WR. Ateman would be another RZ target and Pettis is a phenomenal return guy.

Edited by TexasFalcon4Life
12 minutes ago, TexasFalcon4Life said:

Love either of those guys. Michel too. I just think we have greater needs than RB. Didn’t TD mention they’ll try to resign Teco? Davenport would be a dream. Never have too many pass rushers. DE is a need since there are several players hitting FA. Also,  Even though Poe is a question mark, I think DT is a priority even if we resign him. Not sure how Crawford will come back from injury.  DQ loves Rico and I wonder if they believe FS is a need. That being said, if Harrison is available, how can you pass on him? TE & WR wouldn’t hurt. I like Gesicki or Goedert at TE. Ateman or Pettis at WR. Ateman would be another RZ target and Pettis is a phenomenal return guy.

I’m speculating at this point. I imagine theyll tender rico. 

I read some article about re-signing Teco. 

Im with you on pass rushers. I think that pass rusher could be a target. We have Clay up for contract and Reed with a big cap number,

i love Geiski

I'd be fine if we worked on getting Levitre back on a friendlier deal. Right now, his cap hit is $8.35m with a $7m salary. He's 32 years old. He's made ~$40 million over the course of his career. 

He struggled quite a bit after leaving Buffalo for Tennessee. Thereafter, he found a home in Atlanta. So he COULD have motivation to stay here and try to win a championship. So here's the sort of thing I would propose:

We sign Levitre to a 3yr, $18m extension with a $6-7m signing bonus. We spread that out over three years. Then we hit him with three years of escalating salaries bringing his total up to $18m

Y1 - SB: $2.3m Salary $1.5m ($1.35m left from previous prorate) = Cap Hit - $5.15m

Y2 - SB: $2.3m Salary $ $3.5m = Cap Hit = $5.8m

Y3 - SB: $2.3m Salary $ 6m = Cap Hit = $8.3m

This would free $3m up on the 2018 cap and would keep the LG position in pretty good shape for the next two years. If things go terribly, you can cut him after next year, eat ~$4.6 in dead money and free up a million and change. Most likely you cut him after Y2, eat $2.3 and free up $6m in space on the 2020 cap. 

Obviously it would be cooler if that 3-yr extension was for $12m or $15m. But I think both sides have incentive to get a mutually beneficial deal done to keep him around at a reasonable price. If he prefers to get paid the $7m+ or so he could probably command on the open market, then we have to let him walk. 

There is a less expensive solution that is also a longer term deal. I am going to keep shouting from my soap box.

SIGN:  CHRIS HUBBARD

This guy is athletic and strong and he gets it.  He studies and now has NFL experience (I mean on-the-field playing time) for the past 4-5 seasons.  The Steelers want to keep him, but we can out-bid the Steelers.

Plus, he is a Georgia native that played college ball a UAB.  

I believe that he is our answer at OG.  He can play either side and can fill in at OT if needed.  Heck, he may be more athletic than Schraeder (possibly a better pass protector).  Who knows, he might be able to take over at RT and we can slide Schraeder to the LG position.  

If Hubbard gets the chance to man one fixed position on our line, I believe he will excel.   

21 minutes ago, TexasFalcon4Life said:

Davenport is impressing at the Senior Bowl practices.  I think he will be taken in the first half of the opening round.  

3 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

I’m speculating at this point. I imagine theyll tender rico. 

I read some article about re-signing Teco. 

Im with you on pass rushers. I think that pass rusher could be a target. We have Clay up for contract and Reed with a big cap number,

i love Geiski

I know. I like Kazee but if we had a chance to draft Harrison, take it. Move Kazee to NB and use his ballhawk skills. Watching Senoir bowl practice. The guys talked up Davenport. Also, I read about moving Beasley to DE. So, does DQ think highly of Riley or do we invest in a LB?