Sounds like DQ likes GA Guard Isaiah Wynn

18 hours ago, g-dawg said:

We already know that Wynn looks great in Red & Black.  He would be a great Falcon!!!

A great choice for our second round.  

I know he has a lot of steam behind him, but when it comes time to draft, teams will look at his size, his position and his history of a torn shoulder labrum and think "early third round".  

We draft him in the late second.  

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/25/2018 at 4:55 PM, atljbo said:

I think we need to reup on WR also .... this year I would draft a WR in the 3rd or 4th round this year .. it's some mid rould WRS I like .   The Next year I would look at taking a WR early .. possibly 1st round

I'm of that thought aswell.I don't think we need to find replacements for Sanu or Julio this year but we should bring in guys to put pressure on Hardy Gabriel Williams and Hall for sure.You still strengthen the position group by doing that so that's how I'd attack it and I think it also creates competition at WRers 3,4 and 5 and I don't have to draft high to do it.

23 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I'm of that thought aswell.I don't think we need to find replacements for Sanu or Julio this year but we should bring in guys to put pressure on Hardy Gabriel Williams and Hall for sure.You still strengthen the position group by doing that so that's how I'd attack it and I think it also creates competition at WRers 3,4 and 5 and I don't have to draft high to do it.

I do think we need to grab a WR that can play on the outside... I think we could grab one in the 3rd or 4th round

47 minutes ago, etherdome said:

I know he has a lot of steam behind him, but when it comes time to draft, teams will look at his size, his position and his history of a torn shoulder labrum and think "early third round".  

Not much of a chance that Wynn makes it to our pick at end of 2nd round.

The torn labrum thing is not concerning at all - we have seen both Takk and Beasley recover from this injuries.   Wynn was very healthy at UGA.

Moreso than any other position, when you see offensive linemen pop in the Senior Bowl, that usually translates well to the next level.

16 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Not much of a chance that Wynn makes it to our pick at end of 2nd round.

The torn labrum thing is not concerning at all - we have seen both Takk and Beasley recover from this injuries.   Wynn was very healthy at UGA.

Moreso than any other position, when you see offensive linemen pop in the Senior Bowl, that usually translates well to the next level.

Well then, it will be quite a decision.  

51 minutes ago, Vandy said:

26 is too high for Wynn IMO ....maybe trade down into mid-2nd? 

But I have a strong feeling we’ll have to go DT in Rd 1.....

Why?  DTackle Draft is much deeper than OG Draft.  You don’t think a Day#1 starter who is good is worthy of #26 pick?

Quality OGs

1) Quenton Nelson (top 15)

2) Isaiah Wynn (20-40)

3) Will Hernandez (20-40)

Quality DTs

1) Vita Vea (15-25)

2) DaRon Payne (15-30)

3) Taven Bryan (25-45)

4) Tim Settle (50-70)

5) Lowell  Lotuelei (55-80)

6) Trenton Thompson (55-80)

26 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Why?  DTackle Draft is much deeper than OG Draft.

Quality OGs

2) Isaiah Wynn (20-40)

Quality DTs

1) Vita Vea (15-25)

2) DaRon Payne (15-30)

3) Tim Settle (50-70)

4) Lowell  Lotuelei (55-80)

5) Trenton Thompson (55-80)

Depends on what we do with Poe et al.....if he walks, we’ll be forced into making  DT priority 1 ....I personally think we need to anyway

35 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Depends on what we do with Poe et al.....if he walks, we’ll be forced into making  DT priority 1 ....I personally think we need to anyway

Yeah but all those guys in the 2nd round could end up with better careers than the first rounders.  Would you stake your reputation that Payne would be greater than Thompson or that Vea would be better than Settle? I would not.

We are 90 days away and there will be a lot of movement.  As of today, I would probably try and move back 4-5 spots, pick up 3rd rounder and draft the OG.   Then I might use the extra 3rd to move up and pick my DT of choice of the 2nd rounders.

Just how many first-round selections will come from Georgia in the 2018 NFL draft? Besides the obvious in linebacker Roquan Smith, there’s another name rocketing up the draft boards at the Senior Bowl.

Bulldogs offensive lineman Isaiah Wynn has earned rave reviews for his work during Senior Bowl practice in Mobile, Ala., and some analysts now have him as the second-best interior line prospect, behind Notre Dame’s Quenton Nelson.

Among them: NFL.com analyst Lance Zierlein.

Edited by RandomFan

1. Vae is going top 10-12. Payne could possibly be there. The kid from Stanford and the kid from Florida are options too.

2. If Wynn is that good, I am alll for using 26 on him. And I am not a UGA homer. A pro bowl OG would be a huge asset.

regardless I hope round 1 and 2 are on the lines (or Mike Gesicki in 2nd)

17 hours ago, etherdome said:

He will go in first late I don' he makes it to our second pick..

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

The last time a player dominated the Senior Bowl week on the line was Aaron Donald.

That is exactly right!  Best defensive player in NFL right now.

Also a few years ago Notre Dame OG Zach Martin excelled at Senior Bowl as well as DE Ziggy Ansah - both pro-Bowl caliber players.

22 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Why?  DTackle Draft is much deeper than OG Draft.  You don’t think a Day#1 starter who is good is worthy of #26 pick?

Quality OGs

2) Isaiah Wynn (20-40)

Quality DTs

1) Vita Vea (15-25)

2) DaRon Payne (15-30)

3) Taven Bryan (25-45)

4) Tim Settle (50-70)

5) Lowell  Lotuelei (55-80)

6) Trenton Thompson (55-80)

Don't sleep on Frank Ragnow. He started his career at RG before moving to C & has the size & strength to handle a move back to guard at the next level. He was considered the best C in the country, considered the best o-lineman in the SEC heading into this past season, never gave up a sack in 4 years, has the athleticism to fit a ZBS. In addition to being a beast on the field, he's a team captain, super into helping in the community & made academic honor role. He had a high ankle sprain, the only injury in his career, & they sat him for the rest of the year. That's  possibly causing some to forget just what a stud he is on the o-line.

He likely goes somewhere in that 20-40 range.

He fits the scheme perfectly.
He has ideal size.
He is incredibly consistent... he's not just showing out in the moment, he was actually THE MOST consistent o-lineman in the nation over several seasons.
Plus he fits what TD & Quinn look for in leadership & character perfectly.

IMO, he should be the pick in the 1st. With a bunch of teams right behind us in draft order who also have pressing needs at C & G, I agree that we need to spend the first on a stud to play RG & get a DT in the 2nd.

7 hours ago, g-dawg said:

All these guys want to steal a good guard on the cheap - 2nd round or lower - which has been Falcons philosophy for 9 years now - Hello McFly?

You gotta pay for premium so if it take a first to do so then so be it..you think ppl would have learned to appreciate elite blocking after that mike person fiasco not even naming others 

On 1/27/2018 at 10:45 AM, atljbo said:

I do think we need to grab a WR that can play on the outside... I think we could grab one in the 3rd or 4th round

JBO what's your take on Christian Kirk,I been watching alot of vids of this guy this morning and I really like him.Hes plus talent for me and could come in and contribute right away.

Gabriels gone man we need a legit #3 with a good chance of replacing Sanu in a year or 2.

10 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

JBO what's your take on Christian Kirk,I been watching alot of vids of this guy this morning and I really like him.Hes plus talent for me and could come in and contribute right away.

Gabriels gone man we need a legit #3 with a good chance of replacing Sanu in a year or 2.

That's exactly what I think when watching Allen Lazard.

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

He's a big target man and has nice hands didn't see much YAC though but a nice prospect all the same.

Yeah, Lazard strikes me as a guy who will be super reliable especially on 3rd down & in the red zone. He doesn't has blazing speed, but he's got great hands, concentration, and technical prowess. He is strong, smart, runs good routes, is a willing blocker, and seems to understand what the D is trying to do against him, so he's able to get separation & pick up 1st downs. He really reminds me of a cross between Roddy & Sanu.

45 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Id really like for them to keep Gabe but I don't see it..we are steadiy losing our parts on offense 

1 hour ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

Id really like for them to keep Gabe but I don't see it..we are steadiy losing our parts on offense 

It's the reality of it man but if you replaced Gabriel with Kirk man I think we got zero to worry about.I think with this guys playmaking ability we won't miss a beat.

I'll get laughed off the planet here but he's first round talent and if he lasted to our 2nd I'd take this kid in a heart beat even at 26 i wouldn't be mad that's how much talent I think this kid has.