Sounds like DQ likes GA Guard Isaiah Wynn

Areas of focus

From watching Dan Quinn and Thomas Dimitroff at practice, it’s clear that they have their eye on interior offensive linemen and tight ends. Their attention to detail on the interior offensive linemen makes sense considering how the Falcons’ season ended and the unclear future of left guard Andy Levitre as he enters his age 32 season.

Specifically, Georgia offensive lineman Isaiah Wynn was a clear favorite of Quinn today at practice. Wynn played left tackle at Georgia, but considering his measurables today (6’2”, 308) he’s a prime candidate to move inside at the next level. Georgia ran a mix of zone and power blocking as star running backs Nick Chubb and Sony Michel routinely trampled opponents throughout the 2017 season. Wynn was a huge part of their success in the Rose Bowl a few weeks ago as he blew open hole after hole on the way to 317 rushing yards on just 34 carries. He’d be a seamless transition to offensive guard in the Falcons’ scheme. It’s too early to say where he’s going to be drafted, but he had a rock star start to the week.

Right now hes projected to go in the 2-3 round.

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2018/1/23/16925892/senior-bowl-recap-day-1-falcons-zero-in-on-guards-and-tight-ends-dan-quinn-atlanta-draft

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is he won't last until the 3rd round. Part of the reason he has been under the radar is because he never stayed at one position. Played Center, Guard, and Tackle at various times. Once NFL staffs get to focus their attention on him, his skill level will jump out. And his versatility is even more valuable in the pros. 

2 minutes ago, atljbo said:

i see ppls saying grab a guard in FA .. We are paying Schrader, Matthews (he is about the get 11+ mil a year) , mack.....  Yall really think we have the funds to pay a FA guard ?

6-8 M a year for a very good Guard. Over a multi year deal, the cap for 2018 might be 2-3 M. Falcons have 17 M in cap space, with Ryan’s extension and couple of cuts it can go up to 34M.

26 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

6-8 M a year for a very good Guard. Over a multi year deal, the cap for 2018 might be 2-3 M. Falcons have 17 M in cap space, with Ryan’s extension and couple of cuts it can go up to 34M.

The top FA guards hitting FA is getting 8-12 mil a year... The panthers guard will get 10+ mil

26 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Justin Pugh is not getting more than 8, there are couple more Guards who won't cost much. I doubt Wynn goes in the first round. Nelson is only sure shot first rounder and may be Price. 

I think it's a chance Wynn go in the first.... I think he will hAve an impressive off season and his tape this is it top notch.

I think he is a 2nd round guy but to be honest .. I think you will get your bang for your buck with wynn.

Pugh is interesting tho... I think the only reason he may not grt to that 9 mil because he has that injury history

38 minutes ago, Doctor Kildare said:

Maybe here's an opportunity to trade down, pick Wynn early 2nd, pick a defensive tackle like Tim Settle later in the 2nd and have an extra pcik to get a tight end or other opportunity for upgrade.

I'm just happy they seem intersted in drafting a guard early.

This would be premier. Didn't we trade up last year to 26 for Talk (maybe it was 25). Let those 3 top QBs go before us and not to cleveland and we could trade back with Cleveland so they can land Mayfield. :-)

Maybe someone will get nervous and jump up to take their guy before those at the end of the first round.

Wynn is the guy we need. However I wanted him in the second. He will be gone by the time we pick in second but TD can trade up in the second and get this stud. I say DT Vie from Washington in the 1st. Wynn in the second. That WR from Northern Iowa who was the Shrine Bowl standout and the TE from Penn State Geiski in the 4th. We don't have a 5th, traded away the 6th and we get  A J Guy from GT a athletic 6:2 Safety.

1 hour ago, HEIST said:

I like that Wynn had the athleticism to be a nice LT in the SEC. He might be Shaq Mason but better in pass protection.

That's who I would compare him to .. they are explosive athletes at the guard position.. when dealing with these DTS you need guards like that even tho grady was getting mason in the Superbowl