The 2018 FA Class Is Very Weak

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Falcanuck said:

I don’t disagree. I’m simply stating the Falcons shouldn’t be spenders this offseason. And if they WERE to be spenders in FA, next year is shaping up as the year to do it. That’s it. I actually think what you’re saying is correct. 

No, I understood that falcan. 

On Jags, it will be fascinating to see if they go into FA again and get a decent QB. 

18 hours ago, Vandy said:

Risk diversification...that’s why I hate trading up as it requires trading away valuable picks, it’s my one gripe with TD.....trading down has always made more sense to me conceptually. 

Of course, risk management is what I do for a living, so no wonder I gravitate to that way of thinking ...

Claims!?!? ARE YOU LOOKING TO HIGHLY COMPENSATE AN ATTORNEY TO HANDLE LITIGATION!?!?!?!?! LOOK NO FURTHER, VANDY!

Yes, you're right. And thats the thing that drops out of the equation every year. Folks start talking about guys that "absolutely wont be there" and that "I'd rather have one stud prospect than 3 good prospects." Sometimes, that certainly works out (Aaron Donald). But frequently, those "lesser prospects" end up being absolute studs. 

When one realizes the draft is built on uncertainty and variance, one can start to plan accordingly. When one believes they've figured the draft out in a concrete way, thats when the decisions can get real dicey.  

ESPN's John Keim reports the Redskins may not be willing to meet free agent ILB Zach Brown's asking price.
The Redskins want to keep Brown but there's a "decent gap" in contract talks between the sides. After settling for a prove-it deal, Brown is looking to cash in coming off another strong season. Brown could push for $7 million annually. Jan 20 - 4:29 PM
Source: ESPN

I'm not sure I see us dishing out the kinda scratch for a LB.
2 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Claims!?!? ARE YOU LOOKING TO HIGHLY COMPENSATE AN ATTORNEY TO HANDLE LITIGATION!?!?!?!?! LOOK NO FURTHER, VANDY!

Yes, you're right. And thats the thing that drops out of the equation every year. Folks start talking about guys that "absolutely wont be there" and that "I'd rather have one stud prospect than 3 good prospects." Sometimes, that certainly works out (Aaron Donald). But frequently, those "lesser prospects" end up being absolute studs. 

When one realizes the draft is built on uncertainty and variance, one can start to plan accordingly. When one believes they've figured the draft out in a concrete way, thats when the decisions can get real dicey.  

LOL Larry....actually, it’s much worse. I’m :ninja: In Finance. 

I’m basically a BPA kinda guy. Like you alluded, Drafting is still just a numbers game of hits and misses, nobody truly has it all figured out. GMs/coaches get themselves in trouble when they get too cute and away from their core philosophy by trading away valuable picks. 

For example, I love Takk, but loved what coulda been Rueben Foster and our 2nd (3rd) round pick more. 

P.S. I think it’s wrong we can’t ‘like’ mod’s posts!

P.S.S...where’s our hippy mod from Denver been?