Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mashburn*Fibonacci

Anyone catch this refs reaction to NE touchdown?

56 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

It's pretty clear that the referee wasnt reacting to the TD or celebrating the TD. 

I think sometimes people forget referees probably hear the most ridiculous, goofball **** out of anybody on the field. It would probably be hard NOT to laugh at some of the antics. 

2 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

It's pretty clear that the referee wasnt reacting to the TD or celebrating the TD. 

I agree.   I do believe there are too many biased calls in games.   Much of it is because a team or player has a "reputation".   For instance, Alford gets a lot of calls another player wouldn't get because he's got that "reputation" AND because the opposing coaches/players give them a "heads up" on his holding or PI issues.    At the same time, New England gets away with a lot of holding, picks and even PI because they have a reputation (doesn't matter if it's earned) for being the best team in football.

The refs are human and it happens.   We see it all the time - and it can't really be denied - it's too blatantly obvious.

On the other hand - there are a few refs that I just can't give that credit to - there is just something else going on with them.    What - I don't know and won't speculate on what I don't know - but there are some that go beyond the human factor of tendencies into the realm of "Really?"

Solution: Every Football fan across The World should become Patriots fans, and....stop following their own.

Really. I know a Cowboys fan who has never visited Dallas. So, he never attended a game there.

It can be done.