Realist

Realistic Mock Draft

25 posts in this topic

Warning: This is by no means how I would like the draft to play out, but more so a prediction.

1st Round: Mark Andrews, TE, Oklahoma

towering red zone threat, Andrews has been productive when thrown the ball, which has been sparingly, but has increased over the last two seasons.  Experienced at lining up both inside and outside, the 2017 season saw his targets increase, showing off his ability to be a matchup nightmare for defenses. Has an excellent ability to catch anything thrown his way. Immediate upgrade and starter at TE. Would provide a much needed red zone target. 

2nd round:  Isaiah Wynn, G/C/OT, Georgia 

Georgia ranked in the NCAA Top-10 in total rushing yards in 2017, no mean feat for an SEC team not named Alabama. Of course, all great run games rely on the "big uglies" up front to open holes and the Bulldogs are no exception. This unit is surprisingly anchored by the smallest man on the line, Isaiah Wynn. Wynn is the most versatile lineman on the team and has been praised by his teammates in the past for be able to play all fives position on the line. He has started in 33 of the 43 games he has appeared in. This year is his first starting at left tackle after spending the last two seasons at left guard. 

Wynn has impressed scouts this season as an excellent run blocker for the Bulldogs. He blocks with aggression and has a temperament that is hard to find in college blockers. In pass protection, Wynn has been very dependable as well. Because he is shorter and doesn't have ideal length, some sources think that Wynn could move to guard or center in the NFL. Wynn started at left guard in 2016, but scouts think he is athletic enough to also play center. Wynn's size and skill set has drawn comparisons to Kelvin Beachum, who is undersized but has managed to carve out a career at left tackle in the NFL. Wynn is just a natural football player who finds a way to get the job done, thus he might end up sticking at left tackle.

He's versatile and would start right away at guard. Worst case is he'd be a decent back-up at both tackle and guard. 

3rd round: Deon Cain, WR, Clemson

Deon Cain is an exciting wide receiver prospect thanks to his speed. He’s someone who easily outpaces defenders and gets behind the defense. His ability to track the football helps make him an even more effective deep threat. Taylor Gabriel's replacement since I doubt we pay him. 

4th round: John Kelly, RB, Tennessee

Kelly is a tough runner, but he has a limited skill set for the NFL. The junior averaged 4.1 yards per carry in 2017 for 778 yards with nine touchdowns. He also had 37 receptions for 299 yards. Kelly had a strong start to the 2017 season before Tennessee struggled in the final two months of the year. In the NFL, Kelly could be a quality backup and rotational back, but lacks the skill set to be a three-down starter. A shifty, short, but not small running back that was underutilized during his time at Tennessee. The Vols primary offensive weapon, Kelly is small enough to get lost by defensive linemen, allowing him to use his vision to find a hole and quickly hit high gear and get to the next level. Dangerous in the open field, but doesn’t seem to have elite top end speed. A potent weapon in the passing game, along with a willingness and the skills to contribute as a blocker. Kelly appears to be in the mold of a new type of wide receiver / running back hybrid that can end the year with a near equal amount of runs and catches. Coleman's future replacement. 

5th: Ty Sambrailo, OT, Colorado St. 

Strengths: Functional athleticism to play on the left side. Releases into space and can hit moving targets in the screen game. Technically sound pass sets. Keeps weight on inside foot and hands in ready position. Very good at sliding feet and mirroring pass rushers. Keeps his hands inside. Jabs pass-pro punch and then hides hands from defender when not engaged. Frame still has room for more weight. Good recognition of twists. Finishes his blocks. Plays to whistle and flashes nasty. Able to make back-side cuts.

Weaknesses: Needs work as a run blocker. Inconsistent hand usage in run game. Gets to second level but doesn't always have a game plan once he gets there. Needs to unleash power in hands. Lets athletic rushers get into him without getting arm extension. Will lean at contact in pass pro, creating potential balance problems. Gets jostled and knocked off balance. Core strength issues must be monitored. Short arms for a player his height. Lacks necessary sand to hold his ground when asked to block laterally.

6th: Lowell Lotulelei, DT, Utah

Almost exclusively a run-stuffing defensive tackle, and in the right scheme, will thrive in that role. Contains his gaps with a strong base, and can push blockers back easily, while getting into the backfield. Doesn’t offer much as a pass rusher, but if not asked to, will find a role as a two down defensive lineman. Back-up, but could develop into a decent DT at run-stuffing. 

7th: Jarrod Franklin, S, Tulane

The senior totaled 72 tackles with six passes broken up and an interception in 2017. In 2016, he recorded 78 tackles with a pass broken up, an interception and a sack. The 6-foot, 205-pounder will need to impress at the Senior Bowl or East-West Shrine, but scouts see him as draftable.

Edited by Realist
kiwifalcon likes this

Just now, RYNE said:

I am not a fan. I would rather get a TE via free agency. I want to focus more on the lines

who? Eifert/Graham will cost too much. 

7 minutes ago, Realist said:

No. I like Austin Seferian-Jenkins on a decent deal. At least he knows what to do in the redzone. (Still probably wouldn't use him though for reasons I'll never understand)

Jerz #DukeSZN likes this

1 minute ago, RYNE said:

No. I like Austin Seferian-Jenkins on a decent deal. At least he knows what to do in the redzone. (Still probably wouldn't use him though for reasons I'll never understand)

I wouldn't be opposed to that. Could prob sign him for around $5m/year.

14 minutes ago, Realist said:

I don't think Eifert will get paid that much with his injury issues. That's what his 3rd back injury.

16 minutes ago, Realist said:

Wouldn't want either of them. I hate Graham and Eifert is never healthy. Be like flushing money down the toilet. 

5 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

I don't think Eifert will get paid that much with his injury issues. That's what his 3rd back injury.

Ehh some team with excess cap will more than likely overpay

Why would we draft another midget running back?

cain is interesting. Pretty raw.

its early so hard to be critical. I just don’t know 

Just now, KendrickLamar GKMC Track11 said:

Poe, potentially.

Levitre, ehh. 

Gotta do it he's not as bad as everyone makes out.

His injury late in the season was a killer for us.

The draft isn't that bad as i see players the Falcons would probably take a good look at and positions we could use the best thing about this is the guys you took for us will probably have a good chance to be there at our 2nd and 3rd round picks.   Meaning we can still get this draft and probably still grab a solid DT or another position in round 1.  If you look at most mocks and draft sites anyways thats where their values are at right now mid to late 2nd and 3rd round.

Just now, KendrickLamar GKMC Track11 said:

The injury worries me, tbh.

Well if you add Levitre that keeps continuity and he's drafted Wynn in for competition at G aswell also adding Andrews a pass catching / blocking TE   .Here in lies fixing the lines in my view.

Andrews Hooper and Toilolo I like that a lot.

Hes added speed at WRer.

Hes added another big body behind Poe.

Cant complain much here.

3 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

The draft isn't that bad as i see players the Falcons would probably take a good look at and positions we could use the best thing about this is the guys you took for us will probably have a good chance to be there at our 2nd and 3rd round picks.   Meaning we can still get this draft and probably still grab a solid DT or another position in round 1.  If you look at most mocks and draft sites anyways thats where their values are at right now mid to late 2nd and 3rd round.

Mark Andrews will not last until our 2nd round pick. 

i don't like the 4th round pick, and would rather have a DT than TE in the 1st, but the rest is fine.

Wynn is going to be a solid NFL starter for years - very versatile and has been very good every year in college. 

Slappywhite likes this

14 minutes ago, KendrickLamar GKMC Track11 said:

Mark Andrews will not last until our 2nd round pick. 

He's expected to be around the mid to 2nd round as of right now although he could move up after the combine as we all know how that goes.   Mostly because their are alot of Te's around the same value as him in Hurst, Goederts, Gisleski, and Fumagalli are all around the early 2nd to 3rd round.  it all depend on what teams like which TE more as to who falls to us truthfully.