Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fuego

Jags vs Pats Game Thread

758 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

That Jags OC has made an offense around Bortles that makes him look decent. Sark has made an offense around an MVP, top 2 WR, top 2 RB duo, and made it look like a$$. 

Would you say the same thing if those passes are dropped??

ok_falcons_fan likes this

1 minute ago, manfam said:

Jags is playing good D right now.  I hope it is maintained.  Pittsburgh still manage to put up 42 points in that game.  New England can do the same thing with Brady.

Jags are absolutely wearing that Pat D out . 

2 minutes ago, RubberDucky said:

Doesnt matter what happens. The last 2 drives showcase an ability by their OC to do what Sark wasn't able to do.

I don't see the Jags really doing much special here tbh. Their just lining up and out muscling the Pats and keeping the throws simple. If they can sustain that through the 2nd half adjustments more power to them

Just now, falconsd56 said:

Would you say the same thing if those passes are dropped??

Would still be great play designs where the receivers are wide open. We had a few of those as well, most notable the Julio drop, but from what I've seen from the Jags these last 2 weeks the OC has done a dang good job. 

Just now, AF89 said:

I don't see the Jags really doing much special here tbh. Their just lining up and out muscling the Pats and keeping the throws simple. If they can sustain that through the 2nd half adjustments more power to them

You didnt see anything special out of watching them confuse the **** ouut of the Pats by running 4 different plays out of the same formation? Did you watch the entire NE D-Line and LB's bite on the screen that was pre-set up on the huge Fournette run?

Slappywhite likes this

5 minutes ago, atlndvd said:

LOL are you really gonna say that?  We were coming off a year in which our offense was the 7th best in NFL HISTORY.  The Jags have BLAKE EFFING BORTLES.  Stop defending Sark

I'm not defending Sark I'm actually detracting that Hackett is the greatest thing since sliced bread based on two drives.

Francis York Morgan likes this

3 minutes ago, AF89 said:

The big difference is they have a strong back and interior OL than can drive into the end zone and get short 3rd downs easily.

Just now, AF89 said:

I'm not defending Sark I'm actually detracting that Hackett is the greatest thing since sliced bread based on two drives.

He's not the best OC ever, but he's sure better than Sark. 

2 minutes ago, AF89 said:

You sound like Quinn...Minimizing concerns about this years offense by pointing towards last years team.

Nobody is saying Hackett is the best thing since sliced bread. Just that those 2 scoring drives involved incredible playcalling that we didnt see from Sark this season.

4 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

He's not the best OC ever, but he's sure better than Sark. 

Bad and average OCs  have good halves all the time tho. Sarks had them for instance. 

But again I don't see the Jags doing anything revolutionary here, just lining up and keeping things simple playing pretty good but basic football. It might very well get drastically outschemed in this 2nd half by a staff like NE