Top Reasons You Pause Posting to TAFT

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never officially pause but there are certain periods throughout the year when there is definitely not much to talk about and many of the regulars aren’t around as much. It’s getting to be about that time from now until the combine and then again from after the combine until the first week or so of free agency and from then to training camp blah blah blah. 

Like I said, I never really pause but there will be some days-weeks where I don’t really check in at all unless we have some news. I miss chatting with most of you knuckleheads 

1): Sark topics

2): Depression from them

3): Negative feedback loops getting attention or spammed; without any real goal or capability of being constructive. No context; only spinning wheels and venting that suits agendas of others or subjective emotion. Find the flaw, get a video that cherry picks a stance, make it the whole picture and call it fair while I get the clicks; oh from a casual observer and so it's time to overturn house and quit. "New coaches anyone? Can we trade Matt Ryan or Julio? I want Kyle back!" Etc,

2 hours ago, PK Manley said:

Did it say something that led you to believe that you were banned?  Because it doesn't really sound or look like you have been.

I would type in the website and pull up the page and it said banned with a lock. And my only option was to send a message to a moderater or what not. Which I would do just saying 'banned' and it was able to view the boards

38 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

I would type in the website and pull up the page and it said banned with a lock. And my only option was to send a message to a moderater or what not. Which I would do just saying 'banned' and it was able to view the boards

Well, the one odd thing I notice with your account is that you have literally hundreds of IP addresses that have been used to access your account.  That's way more than I've ever seen for other members.

Not to say that it's anything nefarious, but there's clearly something that causes your IP address to change fairly frequently.  My guess is that this causes your IP to occasionally match that of members who are IP banned.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 hour ago, Dirtybird3 said:

I've been here for a VERY long time bro. It happens. From my understanding its a glitch. I've only been banned once in 2009. I have been shown banned far more than that. I don't even know why you'd be banned. You seem like a good poster.

21 hours ago, Clark said:

There are a few posters here that clearly think pretty highly of themselves and will fight tooth and nail to prove they are right and you are wrong.  They can make this a not so fun place for others.  You know who you are!

Dude a guy once bumped a year old post over something small as ****. Honestly I forget about a conversation after my last post. Some of these fools got 500+ pages bookmarked just to say they’re right

7 hours ago, Dirtybird3 said:

Been happening for years. All you have to do is clear your cache and reboot. It mostly happens to me when I switch from WiFi to mobile data. Hasn’t happened in a very long time though

10 hours ago, Realist said:

banned for 6-8 months for calling someone a fish.

I was perma banned for having explicit song lyrics in my sig yet one poster sports an avatar with a female simulating a ******* and several have had profanity in their avatar with no ban at all. Then again that same mod banned me multiple times 

I don't post here nearly as much as I used to. To me the level of intelligent and meaningful dialog has greatly decreased over the years I've been here. The only reason I can come up with for why that is the case is that when I first started posting here the Falcons sucked, were expected to lose, and lost a lot. People didn't take the losing so hard back then. Now days anything less than a SB win is considered a lost season and time to blow up everything and start over again from square one. Add in the fact that over the years we've lost a great deal of good posters, and well, to be quite frank about it, this place sucks major monkey balls most of the time.

8 hours ago, PK Manley said:

Well, the one odd thing I notice with your account is that you have literally hundreds of IP addresses that have been used to access your account.  That's way more than I've ever seen for other members.

Not to say that it's anything nefarious, but there's clearly something that causes your IP address to change fairly frequently.  My guess is that this causes your IP to occasionally match that of members who are IP banned.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

No worries, hasn't been for more than a day if it happens nothing to sweat over. 

8 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I've been here for a VERY long time bro. It happens. From my understanding its a glitch. I've only been banned once in 2009. I have been shown banned far more than that. I don't even know why you'd be banned. You seem like a good poster.

That was my thing, I knew I hadn't violated anything and then didn't have any warning posts or anything so nevrr made anything of it. 

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Been happening for years. All you have to do is clear your cache and reboot. It mostly happens to me when I switch from WiFi to mobile data. Hasn’t happened in a very long time though

Yhupp clearing cache did help the first few times.. 

But thanks for the concern guys, it really was just meant to be funny that that's the only thing that could stop me from posting haha. You guys are some of the good ones though, thanks for making sure all us dirtybirds are good to go :tiphat::tiphat:

On 1/18/2018 at 8:51 PM, slider said:

"The Wise man speaks when he has something to say. The fool, because he has to say something."

Plato

I've been the fool too many times.

I always tell my wife, if you listen people will hang themselves. The true nature of a person comes out quickly in a conversation if you look and listen for it. Also people will quickly confide in a person they deem as a good listener.

8 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I don't post here nearly as much as I used to. To me the level of intelligent and meaningful dialog has greatly decreased over the years I've been here. The only reason I can come up with for why that is the case is that when I first started posting here the Falcons sucked, were expected to lose, and lost a lot. People didn't take the losing so hard back then. Now days anything less than a SB win is considered a lost season and time to blow up everything and start over again from square one. Add in the fact that over the years we've lost a great deal of good posters, and well, to be quite frank about it, this place sucks major monkey balls most of the time.

The sucking part is true. After the Vick pick peoples expectations soared and gave birth to the swifty mentality. That mentality wasn't removed quickly enough and it spread(metastatic poster). Now you add in the average 18-25 y.o. d-bag tht is offended by anything as long as someone says they are offended first, and you get a grade A clusterkunt

You said Tyson chicken breasts are the best, but my sis works at Perdue. Eff you bro, you're a racist.