End of Season Presser W/ DQ and TD

Just now, lostnmexico said:

I disagree.  If my brother is crewing up , I am gonna address him directly.

Whose to say Quinn didn't call Sark or Wes into his office and straight up say here's what you did we need more out of you next year end of story.

I'm sure if you had issues at work you'd rather have a 1 on 1 with your boss and have it kept that way instead of him(or her) telling all of your co workers about it. That's the quickest way to lose a team and say what you will about Quinn I know I have (he's too rah rah, worst clock management in the league by far, goes for it at the worst times) but he hasn't lost the team and they all want to play hard for him. 

DQ going into an end of the year presser and saying Wes played terrible I have no idea what he was doing all game doesn't help anyone including yourself. It doesn't change the fact they still lost and doesn't change the fact that you'll still be upset about the outcome.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

You know this how I don't recall TD or DQ being very specific and whose coming or going.

I took it when he said our Oline guys are growing closer together and he sees them improving.. = no Oline money 

And when he said not making change for the sake of change = Matt Ryan didn't end up in the er, we're good lol

Heres my question for both TD and Quinn...lets say Sark actually figures this whole thing out and we don't necessarily have a historic offensive season but a top 5 offense across the board in ALL offensive team stats like we should be with this all pro offense group we currently have....are we going to just let Sark get away like we did Shanahan? what exactly do we do in that situation ?

I agree that its definitely apples and oranges in comparing Sark and Shanny but lets be real, if Sark gets the right experience help and with this offense being loaded he may just turn this thing around!...and if he does Id hate to lose him like we lost Shanahan.

58 minutes ago, abstract said:

I tuned in right when they were talking about not going with Tevin’s hot hand because of how much of a competitor Devonta is and how “hindsight is 20/20”.  I had to turn it off in disgust.  Don’t give me that handsigt bs when I was screaming at my tv to stop running freeman.

My 9 year old notifications card Coleman was getting the yards. It was Coleman who set up first and goal. SMH at Sark.

59 minutes ago, abstract said:

I tuned in right when they were talking about not going with Tevin’s hot hand because of how much of a competitor Devonta is and how “hindsight is 20/20”.  I had to turn it off in disgust.  Don’t give me that handsigt bs when I was screaming at my tv to stop running freeman.

Inexcusable. Freeman is the first rb we go to I get that, but when the man comes out and says “I played with a sprained mcl” you don’t give him the bulk of the workload like they did. That’s what I’m afraid of. The loyalty to Freeman will keep them from paying TeCo and he’ll be gone. Scarily similar to the Mike Smith regime and his loyalty to players that are no longer able to produce.

22 minutes ago, JT said:

Heres my question for both TD and Quinn...lets say Sark actually figures this whole thing out and we don't necessarily have a historic offensive season but a top 5 offense across the board in ALL offensive team stats like we should be with this all pro offense group we currently have....are we going to just let Sark get away like we did Shanahan? what exactly do we do in that situation ?

I agree that its definitely apples and oranges in comparing Sark and Shanny but lets be real, if Sark gets the right experience help and with this offense being loaded he may just turn this thing around!...and if he does Id hate to lose him like we lost Shanahan.

That’s why it’s important to have good bench. DQ could have just promoted Matt LaFuer. It’s important Falcons hire a good QB voach who can be an OC, not some journey man.

1 hour ago, PHALCONABERNATHY said:

Inexcusable. Freeman is the first rb we go to I get that, but when the man comes out and says “I played with a sprained mcl” you don’t give him the bulk of the workload like they did. That’s what I’m afraid of. The loyalty to Freeman will keep them from paying TeCo and he’ll be gone. Scarily similar to the Mike Smith regime and his loyalty to players that are no longer able to produce.

He had 10 carries. Same as Coleman. 

My one takeaway from this: Quinn is not comfortable coaching offense, talking offense or playcalling on offense.  When talking about defense he discusses each position coach by name and you can hear his tone of voice get upbeat.  He loves it.  And he has a masterful understanding of it. 

But ask him a question on offense and he becomes vague, a bit frazzled and speaks in very general terms.  Doesn’t mention position coaches.  When asked about the last few plays he said I had no problem when I heard them come through the headset.  Well shouldn’t you and the OC have been having a back & forth throughout the series (or better yet the entire game).   He knew Sark was struggling.  Help him in-game, don’t simply protect him post game.  

I am now concerned about our offense. I believe Sark has been left out on an island by Quinn.   We need experienced offensive minds in the building immediately to help our young & inexperienced OC

Edited by Falconsin2012
13 minutes ago, Sui_Generis said:

As a fan I understand being frustrated. But if you are truly a long time, been through the bad years fan, you should still be excited for the future and what this team is. 

I agree.  We have built and are building a defense that will keep us in games week in and week out.  

Playoff wins two straight years, keep making the tournament each year and our time will come.    

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

My one takeaway from this: Quinn is not comfortable coaching offense, talking offense or playcalling on offense.  When talking about defense he discusses each position coach by name and you can hear his tone of voice get upbeat.  He loves it.  And he has a masterful understanding of it. 

But ask him a question on offense and he becomes vague, a bit frazzled and speaks in very general terms.  Doesn’t mention position coaches.  When asked about the last few plays he said I had no problem when I heard them come through the headset.  Well shouldn’t you and the OC have been having a back & forth throughout the series (or better yet the entire game).   He knew Sark was struggling.  Help him in-game, don’t simply protect him post game.  

I am now concerned about our offense. I believe Sark has been left out on an island by Quinn.   We need experienced offensive minds in the building immediately to help our young & inexperienced OC

And I think they get some experienced people to help him with that. And help Sark as well. Jim Caldwell, Arians, and countless others may at least serve as a consultant if they don't want to coach or get too involved.

The numbers Quinn offers up for the offense are not accurate.  We were not 8th in total yards, we were 11th.  And we were not 3rd in explosive plays either.  He is reading a sheet so I'm not sure ho they get this one wrong.

Rank Team 2017 Last 3 Last 1 Home Away  2016
1 New England 396.8  393.0 438.0 394.8 399.0  396.5
2 New Orleans 390.4 363.7 358.0 408.2 372.6  426.0
3 Pittsburgh 387.8 407.7 545.0 420.9 350.5  372.9
4 LA Chargers 376.6 393.7 495.0 397.5 355.8  356.8
5 Kansas City 372.5 369.3 325.0 341.1 407.8  336.2
6 Philadelphia 363.9 256.3 334.0 339.6 391.2  337.4
7 Tampa Bay 363.5 406.7 455.0 366.5 360.5  346.4
8 LA Rams 361.5 338.0 361.0 357.1 365.3  262.7
9 Minnesota 359.6 322.0 403.0 387.0 328.8  315.1
10 Jacksonville 359.1 279.0 378.0 381.1 341.4 334.9
11 Atlanta 357.8  324.7 281.0 366.6 350.7 416.4
12 San Francisco 349.2 414.7 461.0 349.2 349.1 308.1
13 Detroit 337.8 308.3 356.0 337.2

We also did not improve on 3rd down conversions.  We did not finish 1st, we were 4th and actually went down from last year.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/third-down-conversion-pct

Date: 
Rank Team 2017 Last 3 Last 1 Home Away 2016
1 Minnesota 44.64%  42.22%  58.82%  46.67%  42.48%  38.03%
2 Pittsburgh 44.00% 44.74% 43.75% 45.16% 42.57% 42.74%
3 Tampa Bay 43.37% 62.16% 72.22% 44.55% 42.11% 43.72%
4 Atlanta 43.11%  34.09%  30.77%  48.00%  39.20%  43.60%
5 Dallas 42.86% 34.21% 33.33% 48.57% 36.73% 43.00%
6 New England 42.47% 46.51% 64.71% 45.74% 37.78%

46.69%

Edited by Falconsin2012

Underexecuted. They made up a word. It sounds stupid. Thought Quinn did a pretty good job addressing some of the issues the Falcons faced this year and explaining why Sarc is staying. They need to stop using phrases like “pissed off” and “played their ***** off” I’m no Puritan but it looks and sounds sophmorish and unprofessional. 

7 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

You mean consistently choking on post season?

Yeah it's as though the past 40 odd years had shown more than that though right or weren't you around then.Rather choke in the play-offs than be the doormat like we were for alot of years but feel free you can be the doormat I'll enjoy the play-offs.

6 hours ago, CeilinFanOfDeath said:

I took it when he said our Oline guys are growing closer together and he sees them improving.. = no Oline money 

And when he said not making change for the sake of change = Matt Ryan didn't end up in the er, we're good lol

Lol assumption is the mother of all you no what's.

So from that statement you've come up with we aren't going big in FA for a top G well F**k me I could have told you that 12 months ago.

The Falcons are never going to swing big in FA unless its resigning one of there own WOW.

Seriously though it doesn't matter who they put in there they need to add more competition at the spot like they do in all needs positions in the draft.

This is Rico Allen syndrome posts like this but it's just someone else's turn.

32 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Lol assumption is the mother of all you no what's.

So from that statement you've come up with we aren't going big in FA for a top G well F**k me I could have told you that 12 months ago.

The Falcons are never going to swing big in FA unless its resigning one of there own WOW.

Seriously though it doesn't matter who they put in there they need to add more competition at the spot like they do in all needs positions in the draft.

This is Rico Allen syndrome posts like this but it's just someone else's turn.

Alex Mack and Sanu were big signings in 2016. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are doing due diligence on OG and TE in FA.