Get a better tight end and this offense will be great again

28 minutes ago, DirdieBirdieIndie said:

I thought so too, but I saw his tweet this morning.

https://twitter.com/AlexShaggyGray/status/953747957597261830

If you look at the rest of his Twitter you see he was there. Maybe he was signed to just a one year contract and they went ahead and locked him up for next year. 

If you look at his Twitter overall you'll see he was there at training camp. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ryantlanta said:

Get a better TE Hooper is good, but lost Matt Ryan’s trust early in the season with all the drops. We either need Hoop to gain that trust back or get a TE the Ice Man can trust.

Hooper really isn't all that good. we need a tight end that can be a red zone threat and has sure hands on third down. Hooper is not that guy. I would like JG to be signed in fA, so we can focus on G, and DT in the draft.

3 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

If you look at the rest of his Twitter you see he was there. Maybe he was signed to just a one year contract and they went ahead and locked him up for next year. 

Someone on this thread said something that he was signed, but something to do with the foreign exchange program, he can't play last year.

10 hours ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

But he wasn’t eligible to play in 2017, nor did he count on PS. Same for all foriegn exchange players signed with other NFC south teams

12 hours ago, osiruz said:

Hooper really isn't all that good. we need a tight end that can be a red zone threat and has sure hands on third down. Hooper is not that guy. I would like JG to be signed in fA, so we can focus on G, and DT in the draft.

Yards
Hooper - 526
Graham - 520

Yards per rec.
Hooper - 10.7
Graham - 9.1

Yards per game
Hooper - 32.9
Graham - 32.5

TDs
Hooper - 3
Graham - 10

% caught
Hooper - 75.4
Graham - 59.4

Drops
Hooper - 3
Graham - 7

Graham led the Seahawks in targets with almost twice what Hooper had yet the only meaningful thing he did better than Hooper was score TDs. So if Hooper "really isn't all that good", what does it say about Graham? You complain about Hooper's hands and inability to produce, but want to eat a ton of cap space on a guy with significantly worse hands  & who performed significantly worse than Hooper in almost every manner. That makes absolutely zero sense, my man.

34 minutes ago, k-train said:

Yards
Hooper - 526
Graham - 520

Yards per rec.
Hooper - 10.7
Graham - 9.1

Yards per game
Hooper - 32.9
Graham - 32.5

TDs
Hooper - 3
Graham - 10

% caught
Hooper - 75.4
Graham - 59.4

Drops
Hooper - 3
Graham - 7

Graham led the Seahawks in targets with almost twice what Hooper had yet the only meaningful thing he did better than Hooper was score TDs. So if Hooper "really isn't all that good", what does it say about Graham? You complain about Hooper's hands and inability to produce, but want to eat a ton of cap space on a guy with significantly worse hands  & who performed significantly worse than Hooper in almost every manner. That makes absolutely zero sense, my man.

Can I add also that Graham is soft as charmin and is China doll soft that is all lol.

6 minutes ago, Nu Dirty Birdz said:

Ed Dickson (Carolina Panthers) will be available in free agency. He would be a very nice addition to our offense.

Sorry, but I just don't see anything worth getting excited about with Ed Dickson

He'll be 31 years old when the season starts & has zero upside
in 8 years, he's only had more than 275 yards in a season twice 
In 8 years, he's only had more than 2 TDs in a season once
In 8 years, he has never caught more than 66% of his targets

4 hours ago, k-train said:

Yards
Hooper - 526
Graham - 520

Yards per rec.
Hooper - 10.7
Graham - 9.1

Yards per game
Hooper - 32.9
Graham - 32.5

TDs
Hooper - 3
Graham - 10

% caught
Hooper - 75.4
Graham - 59.4

Drops
Hooper - 3
Graham - 7

Yea that's like his worst season and stuff, but don't let that get in the way of your stupid agenda. Graham in this offense would be alot better because MR can get him the ball alot better than Wilson. And F--ck yeah I would take those tds on this impotent offense. Arent you tired of watching hooper fumble passes into the waiting arms of a db?

23 hours ago, ryantlanta said:

Get a better TE Hooper is good, but lost Matt Ryan’s trust early in the season with all the drops. We either need Hoop to gain that trust back or get a TE the Ice Man can trust.

23 hours ago, Peyton said:

This offense will never be great with Sarkisian at the controls.  Mike Mularkey type results are the best the team can hope for on offense.

This is easy -- both of these deserve the same answer.

It's not that simple.

21 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

This is easy -- both of these deserve the same answer.

It's not that simple.

I really think it is.

Most OCs in the NFL, nearly all of them, are guys who have been in the league for many years studying NFL offenses and defenses.  They have been prepping themselves for this work.  The Falcons took a silly gamble by turning the really complicated job over to a guy who was working in a completely different industry and didn't have the relevant NFL experience.  He looked overmatched all year, especially in critical situations.

If Sarkisian wants to work in the NFL, he should be a QB coach for about 5 years and who knows, maybe then he'd be ready to compete at this level.

To relate it to your industry......it's like the Falcons hired a reasonably good personal injury lawyer to represent the team in a capital murder death penalty case.  Fortunately in this case though nobody gets electrocuted at least.

4 hours ago, osiruz said:

Yea that's like his worst season and stuff, but don't let that get in the way of your stupid agenda. Graham in this offense would be alot better because MR can get him the ball alot better than Wilson. And F--ck yeah I would take those tds on this impotent offense. Arent you tired of watching hooper fumble passes into the waiting arms of a db?

What exactly is my "stupid agenda"?

I simply pointed out that this nonsense about Hooper having issues w/ drops is not actually true & has been blown way out of proportion, and that he's been better than Graham this year in almost everything except TDs.

Let's take a look at Graham's career targets, drops, and catch %
2010 - 44 tgts...4 drops...70.5%
2011 - 149 tgts...5 drops...66.4%
2012 - 135 tgts...14 drops... let me just say that again...FOURTEEN FREAKING DROPS...63%
2013 - 143 tgts...3 drops...60.1%
2014 - 124 tgts...8 drops...68.5%
2015 - 74 tgts...1 drop...64.9%
2016 - 95 tgts...4 drops...68.4%
2017 - 96 tgts...7 drops...59.4%

Here's the thing about your idea... Graham's success in the past is very clearly tied to having a high volume of targets. He's been the #1 option in the passing game for pretty much his entire career whether at NO or Seattle & that is why he's had huge numbers in the previously. That ain't happening here though. He very well might not ever be #2 in targets if he were here. Can he still put up big numbers with just 50 or 60 targets a season? That's about what Hooper had as the 3rd most targeted player on the team. If he couldn't out-produce Hooper this year with almost double the targets, why should anyone expect much if he'd have far fewer targets? Look what he did in 2015 when he had 74 targets... 605 yards, 2 TDs. That's closer to what you should expect if he were to come here & that's not a big enough difference to what Hooper did this year... 526 yards, 3 TDs... to warrant blowing a bunch of cap room.

Further complicating matters is the fact that Graham's hands are freaking terrible. It's truly hard to take you seriously when you complain about Hooper (3 drops this year & just 2 last season) and prop up a dude who had 7 drops this season & has been absurdly bad in that department his entire career. Additionally, Hooper has also caught over 70% of his targets in both seasons. Graham has only been over 70% once... his rookie year.

As for the "Matt can get him the ball better than Wilson can" thing... more speculation on your part that's likely incorrect as well. Since 2012 there has been just one season where Ryan had a higher QB rating than Wilson. It happened last year, which was an outlier for Ryan big time. Graham had a more consistently efficient QB in Seattle & was a top target in the passing game there, so I really don't get how you come to the conclusion that Ryan could get him the ball better than Wilson could.