Why Sark doesn't belong in the NFL

The Falcons are the only NFL team with a coordinator in 2017 that had not worked in the NFL at all in the previous decade. When teams go that far outside the box, it's going to be heavily scrutinized if things don't go well.  The Falcons were one of the healthiest teams in the league all year and a divisional round loss was not what this team was looking for. So that combination of factors will inevitably lead back to criticizing the decision to hire a coordinator with no relevant NFL experience. I think it's a fair question. He looked overmatched, especially in critical moments, all of which the Falcons failed in.

On 1/18/2018 at 2:30 PM, Xfactor said:

This is why the execution argument fails.

I've said it from day one he is not getting these WR's open with his college routes and he can't game plan for ****.

Shanahan thrived and feasted on a defenses tendencies Sark has no clue how to do this.

You shouldn’t have to scheme open WR on a consistent basis. Wide open looks are often than not attributed to blown coverage on the part of the defense, not an OC making some miraculous call that has somebody running by himself. Can an OC move guys around to get certain mismatches? Of course, and Sark did. Julio and company still have to execute and Matt still has to see them AND get the ball to them. 

Lastly, we need a legit WR coach back at the branch. 

5 minutes ago, Peyton said:

The Falcons are the only NFL team with a coordinator in 2017 that had not worked in the NFL at all in the previous decade. When teams go that far outside the box, it's going to be heavily scrutinized if things don't go well.  The Falcons were one of the healthiest teams in the league all year and a divisional round loss was not what this team was looking for. So that combination of factors will inevitably lead back to criticizing the decision to hire a coordinator with no relevant NFL experience. I think it's a fair question. He looked overmatched, especially in critical moments, all of which the Falcons failed in.

He definitely displayed inexperience at times... I’m just not ready to kick him out. 

****, if Nick Saban thought he was a worthwhile hire, Sark must know something. Saban doesn’t strike me as the type that just flies by the seat of his pants on his assistants. 

How anyone remotely sane can give even the most hushed "golf clap" to Sark's game plan for the Eagles, is simply...I dunno know.

Saban's OF is pretty simple, we are bigger, faster, and stronger than you.  Beat us.   Sark is coaching in the NFL....HUGE difference, and it showed all year long.

5 hours ago, citsalp said:

How anyone remotely sane can give even the most hushed "golf clap" to Sark's game plan for the Eagles, is simply...I dunno know.

Saban's OF is pretty simple, we are bigger, faster, and stronger than you.  Beat us.   Sark is coaching in the NFL....HUGE difference, and it showed all year long.

That's his entire game plan, not just offense. That's why he floods the NFL with massive amounts of GARBAGE every year. I never trust Bama players

2 hours ago, cwell1 said:

That's his entire game plan, not just offense. That's why he floods the NFL with massive amounts of GARBAGE every year. I never trust Bama players

Bama has, and will always have some great NFL players.  It's the coaching philosophy I was referencing.  In the NFL everyone is big, fast and strong.

Lol bama has thrown the NFL tons of great players (we have one in Julio). They just throw so many in that there are bound to be busts. Mainly their RBs bust because their line is so dominant. 

1 hour ago, citsalp said:

Bama has, and will always have some great NFL players.  It's the coaching philosophy I was referencing.  In the NFL everyone is big, fast and strong.

The number of guys they have at the top their position in the draft every year vs the amount of players that actually turn out to be anything in the league is very slim. Majority of them are complete trash. They get by on physicality alone in college and never learn how to play the game. It’s sad how u can have 3 players go back to back in the 2013 draft 9-11 and they all bust. Bama players are trash. Julio is the slim exception

and im only speaking of the Bama players from the Nick Saban era, nothing before

The number of guys they have at the top their position in the draft every year vs the amount of players that actually turn out to be anything in the league is very slim. Majority of them are complete trash. They get by on physicality alone in college and never learn how to play the game. It’s sad how u can have 3 players go back to back in the 2013 draft 9-11 and they all bust. Bama players are trash. Julio is the slim exception

and im only speaking of the Bama players from the Nick Saban era, nothing before

Um no. Julio, Landon Collins, Amari Cooper, Marcel Dareus, Mark Ingram..and the list goes on 

7 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

He said “they all bust”. List is much longer. I just felt those were enough to dispute his point 

Never said that at all lol read my posts again. Majority of their overhyped players bust, not all. Every year some Alabama player I never heard of comes out of nowhere to be rated #1 at their position, gets drafted hella high, and ends up sucking. Dee Miliner is a perfect example

23 hours ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

You shouldn’t have to scheme open WR on a consistent basis. Wide open looks are often than not attributed to blown coverage on the part of the defense, not an OC making some miraculous call that has somebody running by himself. Can an OC move guys around to get certain mismatches? Of course, and Sark did. Julio and company still have to execute and Matt still has to see them AND get the ball to them. 

Lastly, we need a legit WR coach back at the branch. 

You dumb. Yes you scheme wrs open. This isn't backyard football 

On 1/18/2018 at 1:30 PM, Xfactor said:

This is why the execution argument fails.

I've said it from day one he is not getting these WR's open with his college routes and he can't game plan for ****.

Shanahan thrived and feasted on a defenses tendencies Sark has no clue how to do this.

Game plan aside, I thought he was using Shanny’s playbook. 

On 1/18/2018 at 1:35 PM, Jesus said:

At some point guys are gonna have to make plays. The Jags don't have some great super amazing OC but yet they are in the AFCCG. You can point to their defense, but they gave up 42 points last week. They played to their strengths last week. If Bortles can't pass, which he can't, make him run. It worked because he executed.

True. Sark has a lot of issues but players need to make plays to win games. Take for instance. On the seam route Kollaman refered too, Sanu was wide open initially but Matt threw the ball too late. Could have been an easy TD.