Makaveli96

Brett Kollman: The Film Room Ep. 63: How the Falcons ruined their own gameplan against the Eagles

110 posts in this topic

I'm glad he included that the Seahawks and Giants both were able to put up points on their defense -- offenses with worse offensive lines and way less skill position talent than Atlanta. Guess we can't pull the "our guards suck" card as a reason for us being so terrible against Philly.

1 minute ago, nomak said:

Enough proof Sark has to go! Defend him all you want to. He doesn't scheme our players to succed and it hinders good player execution. 

I'm not buying the "bad luck ****". Execution drops when you don't put your players in a position to win!!

nomak, benxiong, osiruz and 6 others like this

Just now, ChickenBiscuit said:

I'm not buying the "bad luck ****". Execution drops when you don't put your players in a position to win!!

Agree! It just pizzes me off they are going with this loser. And too many fans are ok with it. 

This exactly what Michael Lombardi was talking about. I have got to say that horrible play where Sark had Sanu hitting one of the seams by himself so that Rodney McLoud could easily concuss him really pissed me off. 

Edited by Makaveli96

14 minutes ago, nomak said:

Agree! It just pizzes me off they are going with this loser. And too many fans are ok with it. 

But but Shannahan had an historic offense in his second year. So Sark will have an even better. It's automatic how that works.  

24 minutes ago, nomak said:

Enough proof Sark has to go! Defend him all you want to. He doesn't scheme our players to succed and it hinders good player execution. 

Embrace the suck...  He's here.

nomak and Shnikies like this

Sark put our G's in the hardest position to succeed. He played right into Schwartz's hand. They have been used as a scapegoat for Sark's inability to scheme and playcall. Outside of Sarks 1 or 2 scripted drives per game he has no idea of how to attack a defense.

ChickenBiscuit likes this

Just now, Jerz said:

Sark put our G's in the hardest position to succeed. He played right into Schwartz's hand. They have been used as a scapegoat for Sark's inability to scheme and playcall. Outside of Sarks 1 or 2 scripted drives per game he has no idea of how to attack a defense.

Thank you. If our guards suck and we're going against Fletcher ******* Cox, why are we calling runs straight up the gut? Especially when Tevin was killing them all game on the outside zone. Give me a break.

9 minutes ago, sdogg said:

But but Shannahan had an historic offense in his second year. So Sark will have an even better. It's automatic how that works.  

His offense was so productive the opponent ran 99 plays on it in the Superbowl. In Quinn's opinion, they were exposing the D to too many snaps. He has over reacted to that. If he keeps his thumb on offensive stategy no OC will average 30. Quinn simply isn't interested in that approach going forward.

me4falcons and sdogg like this

This is what I've been saying, Sark is so over matched in the NFL.  He seams to just rely on my guys are more talented than your guys, so I'll just have them go straight up and win the battle.  Maybe works in college when you have clear advantage, but in the NFL all teams have talent.

I know it's not going to happen, since Quinn seams to love this guy, but in order to succeed, he needs to be replaced with somebody that understands how to scheme in the NFL.

Hope I'm wrong and I'll be routing just as hard next year, but I haven't seen anything to show me he'll be able to outsmart any NFL DC next year.  Probably another wasted year and it hasn't even started yet.

Robb4242, sdogg and Flying Falcon like this

I’m one of the guys who believes in whatever Quinn wants to do. I mean let’s be real, it was Sarks first year as a OC in the NFL. There were moments when I really liked some of his plays and had head scratchers for others. I’m not saying that I would rather have him over other OC’s, I just feel that he deserves to improve on his mistakes. Shanny wasn’t so efficient his first year either. The Eagles defense is no joke, even beat our offense last year with Shanny. I’m confident Sark will greatly improve the offense just like Shanny did his year 2.

Godzilla1985 and notthatcool like this

45 minutes ago, nomak said:

I don't think there are too many fans that are happy about Sark coming back.  Many realize that there's nothing we can do about it and certainly not worth spending any time upset about other people's opinions that can't change the situation anyway.

nomak, Penumbra and Waterjabbers like this

Bros, even with the Philly loss Sark hasn't had his "Mike Smith in London" moment yet.  I have no doubt it will come.  Somehow, someway I wish the 49ers can play us in the postseason.  The ultimate Shanny vs Sark showdown would put this thing to bed.

But I am cautiously optimistic for us this year.  We had a frustrating playoff exit similar to 2008.  There's anger but there's a lot of upside, just like back then.  It wasn't downright shameful like 2010 and 2011.  My must-see game this upcoming season is the Eagles rematch, in Philly.   A true Sark litmus test.

Penumbra likes this

This was an excellent breakdown and shows how much help sark really needs but with that said it’s not going to change anything. Quinn has already said that Sarkisan is back as the OC ...therefore the only thing we can hope for is Quinn being smart enough to bring in experienced help for Sarkisan and apparently that’s what he’s trying to do looking at the Knapp interview.

being that Knapp is pretty much someone from the Kubiak tree and familiar with the style of offense we run , we should be happy to see that Quinn and staff at least recognizes that sark needs some major help. Get Knapp back in Atlanta and another experienced Kubiak/Shanahan guy on this staff to help sark setup game plans and design these routes or put their input in on these routes and designs and I believe we will be fine for next season.

Flying Falcon and Penumbra like this

2 minutes ago, notthatcool said:

I came here to post this video.  That hurt to watch.  

It's extremely painful to watch. How can any OC at any level, be this bad?  

It's going to take more than just Knapp to get this guy up to speed. 

TD better go all in on gurards and get a couple more playmakers, cause we are going to have to "out talent" everyone. Quinn better get his D to create TO's and get off the field on 3rd down. 

Flying Falcon and notthatcool like this

1 hour ago, Makaveli96 said:

know all of you are going to want to see this... 

I did not need to see this as I’m making a concerted effort to support Sark moving forward.  It’s pretty ****ing evidence on not just Sark, but also Quinn & the entire team of coaches who had input into the gameplan.  

Flying Falcon likes this

2 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Okay.  Sark must go.  Y'all are firing him.

Who are you replacing him with? 

If Knapp is good enough to be Sarks mentor, then he's probably a better option to just take over. Cut out the middle man. I could be wrong, but I don't recall Shannahan needing someone to "hold his hand". 

But, I will say this, it did seem to help TD when we brought in former GM's to "hold his hand". His draft picks and FA signings have mostly been home runs lately. 

So I guess there's hope for Sark, lol

Flying Falcon, nomak and Peyton like this

43 minutes ago, Crazy Trav said:

I’m one of the guys who believes in whatever Quinn wants to do. I mean let’s be real, it was Sarks first year as a OC in the NFL. There were moments when I really liked some of his plays and had head scratchers for others. I’m not saying that I would rather have him over other OC’s, I just feel that he deserves to improve on his mistakes. Shanny wasn’t so efficient his first year either. The Eagles defense is no joke, even beat our offense last year with Shanny. I’m confident Sark will greatly improve the offense just like Shanny did his year 2.

Never believe in a guy in whatever he wants to do...

ChickenBiscuit likes this