Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mashburn*Fibonacci

Saints over the cap?

16 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

Is that still going to happen? I heard something about it every year after 2010, yet they got their players. But the last few I had not heard crazy thoughts they'll be gone over the cap. 

Saints actually have money and 2 good draft class the previous years. Lots of cheap talent, league ******.

Edited by nola90

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL. I mean EVERY year I heard how the Saints were in Cap **** AND Drew Brees was on the decline. EVERY year I have been here, I read it from the rivals posters. Now, we managed to sign just about everyone we wanted and Brees is having his best year ever. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2018 at 4:27 PM, SaintsFanInLA said:

LOL. I mean EVERY year I heard how the Saints were in Cap **** AND Drew Brees was on the decline. EVERY year I have been here, I read it from the rivals posters. Now, we managed to sign just about everyone we wanted and Brees is having his best year ever. LOL

There was the matter of multiple 7-9 seasons with zero talent on the defensive side of the ball. Had nothing to do with Brees, but it had plenty to do with the cap.

WhenFalconsWin likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2018 at 11:07 PM, falcndave said:

There was the matter of multiple 7-9 seasons with zero talent on the defensive side of the ball. Had nothing to do with Brees, but it had plenty to do with the cap.

Now what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kevo said:

Now what?

Nice red herring quip...lol. What was true in the past was true in the past. What is true now is true now. The existence of one doesn't remove the reality of the other, despite what the individual I was responding to might choose to believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2018 at 11:50 AM, falcndave said:

Nice red herring quip...lol. What was true in the past was true in the past. What is true now is true now. The existence of one doesn't remove the reality of the other, despite what the individual I was responding to might choose to believe.

The reality is that the Falcons are now going through what the Saints previously went through. 

Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Kevo said:

The reality is that the Falcons are now going through what the Saints previously went through. 

Cheers.

Not even close. We have soooo much more talent on both sides of the ball than the Saints had in their stint of unusual stinkiness. Neal, Jones, Jarrett, Kazee...vs. who? The talent is all young and now you just add a piece each year. On offense, we have a ? at RB and are solid at all other skill positions. I won't even get into the differences in cap position. If we elect to resign Jarrett and give Julio another raise, we may start to get close if we cut our way into a ton of dead cap space to make those moves. 

Don't confuse results with process.  Its a common mistake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2018 at 8:52 AM, falcndave said:

Not even close. We have soooo much more talent on both sides of the ball than the Saints had in their stint of unusual stinkiness. Neal, Jones, Jarrett, Kazee...vs. who? The talent is all young and now you just add a piece each year. On offense, we have a ? at RB and are solid at all other skill positions. I won't even get into the differences in cap position. If we elect to resign Jarrett and give Julio another raise, we may start to get close if we cut our way into a ton of dead cap space to make those moves. 

Don't confuse results with process.  Its a common mistake. 

You're clearly missing the point (which isn't surprising) ...severe lack of quality depth behind your starters is the common denominator. 

Given, the quality of the Saints defensive starters has drastically improved, but so has the depth behind those starters. 

Can't say the same for the Falcons this season. 

Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kevo said:

You're clearly missing the point (which isn't surprising) ...severe lack of quality depth behind your starters is the common denominator. 

Given, the quality of the Saints defensive starters has drastically improved, but so has the depth behind those starters. 

Can't say the same for the Falcons this season. 

Cheers.

The Saints had neither good talent or quality depth on the defensive side of the ball.  Don't think I missed a thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2018 at 10:04 PM, Kevo said:

You're clearly missing the point (which isn't surprising) ...severe lack of quality depth behind your starters is the common denominator. 

Cheers.

 

On 12/18/2018 at 10:16 PM, falcndave said:

The Saints had neither good talent or quality depth on the defensive side of the ball.  Don't think I missed a thing.

Apparently you have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2018 at 4:17 PM, g-dawg said:

To get rid of Saints logo on Rival Central main message board forum.

been on their for 10 days.

uggh - **** the Saints!

I elected not to continue sparring with him. Unintended consequences!

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 3:41 PM, Sauce Castieaux said:

Just wait till Brees leaves and we really have money.

We may throw money at Matt Ryan to be a backup

please do, costs $30M to be a backup at age 38 or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0