Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cole World

Former Falcons QB Coach Matt Lafleur interviewing for Titans HC

40 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

Pretty telling stuff here. He clearly did not get along with Quinn, and the big man got to add his drinking buddy instead of LeFleur.

I must have missed this information somehow.  Is there documented proof that this was actually the case or simply conjecture?

Godzilla1985 likes this

8 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

So we complain that Sark has no NFL experience calling plays yet we should have promoted somebody to OC to call plays with zero experience doing it?

Because that ALL complainers around here want to do.  Complain harp on the best coach this organization has ever had in Dann Quinn.

People wanted a defensive turnaround and got it with him.    

Most impatient bunch of people around I swear.

falconsd56 and JDaveG like this

5 hours ago, etherdome said:

Who says LeFleur is a good coach?  The guy has worked with the most talented players and coaches around.  

What is all the LeFleur love coming from?  The guy has done little on his own.  SMH

So nfl teams keep him around cause he's pretty? 

10 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

So we complain that Sark has no NFL experience calling plays yet we should have promoted somebody to OC to call plays with zero experience doing it?

:rolleyes:

That's one ignorant *** post dude. Sark only has a total of 3 years more coaching experience than LaFleur does. On top of that while Matt was getting NFL experience Sark was busy running up liquor tabs at Washington and USC. Matt has been working in the NFL exclusively since 2008 (except of 2014 at Notre Dame). This is his 10th year in the NFL not college and for 7 of those years he was assisting in an offense that had us putting up astronomical numbers, a team he was a staff on. Prior to taking over our offense Sark has a single year in the NFL back in 2004. He did amazing things with Kerry Collins didn't he? This man's claim to fame is JAKE MOTHER****ING LOCKER. Let me guess you wanted to to trade him straight up for Matt Ryan too huh? 

2 hours ago, Godzilla1985 said:

Because that ALL complainers around here want to do.  Complain harp on the best coach this organization has ever had in Dann Quinn.

People wanted a defensive turnaround and got it with him.    

Most impatient bunch of people around I swear.

And all you do is complain about people who want to discuss how they feel?

You come into a thread that has nothing to do with Quinn complaining about people harping on Quinn. I'm not complaining about the defensive turn around. I'm not saying get rid of Quinn. If you have nothing to add to this discussion except complaining about made up complaints you have no reason to post here.

12 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

But he was HORRIBLE for Matt Ryan and the Falcons according to Quinn.. LOL.. We get rid of all the good coaches

Maybe Matt is the reason these guys get coaching opportunities :ninja:

Godzilla1985 likes this

11 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

McVay calls the plays. Try again.

Okay, how's this? QB Coach Matt Lafleur, having been in the NFL, offensive positions, learning through osmosis, and additional experience with the OC that we may not know about. So, it is reasonable to assume he, Lafleur had received a great deal more experience by being around previous NFL level coaching talent, as opposed to Sark and his OJT with, Matt Ryan, or whomever pray tell.  

1 hour ago, sandtrap said:

That's one ignorant *** post dude. Sark only has a total of 3 years more coaching experience than LaFleur does. On top of that while Matt was getting NFL experience Sark was busy running up liquor tabs at Washington and USC. Matt has been working in the NFL exclusively since 2008 (except of 2014 at Notre Dame). This is his 10th year in the NFL not college and for 7 of those years he was assisting in an offense that had us putting up astronomical numbers, a team he was a staff on. Prior to taking over our offense Sark has a single year in the NFL back in 2004. He did amazing things with Kerry Collins didn't he? This man's claim to fame is JAKE MOTHER****ING LOCKER. Let me guess you wanted to to trade him straight up for Matt Ryan too huh? 

None of this rambling proved what I said wrong. He has zero play calling experience and those are just the facts. 

2 hours ago, SyCo said:

So nfl teams keep him around cause he's pretty? 

Someone suggested that he would be better than Sarkisian.  I am saying that I doubt that.......at least for the time being.  Someday, LeFleur might turn out to be a great coach. 

Keep in mind that Shanahan worked with him for some time, and he did not invite him to come to San Francisco.  Quinn worked with him as well....no offer to stay.  That says enough.  

3 hours ago, sandtrap said:

That's one ignorant *** post dude. Sark only has a total of 3 years more coaching experience than LaFleur does. On top of that while Matt was getting NFL experience Sark was busy running up liquor tabs at Washington and USC. 

And you claim FF69’s post was ignorant?

GTFU.

14 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

The grass is always greener...especially when jaded and bitter.

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

And you claim FF69’s post was ignorant?

GTFU.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.com/sports/usc/la-sp-usc-sarkisian-washington-20151012-story,amp.html

It's an unfortunate truth and I'm glad he beat the illness but it doesn't change the fact that LeFleur was getting NFL experience while this was going on. Grow up and stop being so emotional. 

On 1/16/2018 at 9:26 PM, FalconFanSince1969 said:

And so was born Sean McVay from the TE coach position... year before him, Washington ranked 9th in offense, they fell to 13h in his 1st year, 17th in his second and moved up to 3rd in his final year... He's head coach now :) . 

And Lefleur has been around the NFL game longer than Sarkisian: 8 years to 1 year.

So while I think Sark did okay his first year... it would've been nice to find out what Matt Lefleur could do. But we'll never know why he was let go unless he retires and writes a book, or Quinn beats him to it.

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 0:26 AM, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Matt has been in the NFL for how long and has been an apprentice to the guy who had the no 7 ranked offense in NFL history. Not to mention his familiarity with our offense and the players. Yeah it makes just a tad bit more sense then hiring an unproven college coach who had no experience with our scheme.