Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cole World

Former Falcons QB Coach Matt Lafleur interviewing for Titans HC

40 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Good for him. Working with Shanahan and McVay will do wonders for you. If he gets the job, it's because he has been around 2 great minds and has had tons of success while with them. 

We should apologize for not giving him the job and bring him back to be our OC instead. Everyone wants to say he is just a product of his OCs success but you are who you surround yourself with and after what he's learned from Shanahan and now McVay he seems more valuable than ever. 

1 hour ago, sandtrap said:

We should apologize for not giving him the job and bring him back to be our OC instead. Everyone wants to say he is just a product of his OCs success but you are who you surround yourself with and after what he's learned from Shanahan and now McVay he seems more valuable than ever. 

So we complain that Sark has no NFL experience calling plays yet we should have promoted somebody to OC to call plays with zero experience doing it?

JDaveG, kschreck and Godzilla1985 like this

22 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

So we complain that Sark has no NFL experience calling plays yet we should have promoted somebody to OC to call plays with zero experience doing it?

Safe to say, it worked out wonders for Rams.

1 minute ago, Nereek said:

Says who? 

New Rams coach Sean McVay is having a great year, and he’s doing it in part by calling audibles after his offense has already lined up.

As noted by Steven Ruiz of For The Win, Rams quarterback Jared Goff calls a lot of plays at the line of scrimmage, but it’s actually McVay who’s calling the plays, through the NFL’s coach-to-quarterback communication system. That becomes clear when you watch this NFL-produced video about Goff, in which viewers can hear that Goff is being told which audibles to call before he calls them.

The coach-to-quarterback communication system is turned off by a league official with 15 seconds remaining on the play clock, so the Rams line up quickly so that Goff, McVay and the coaches in the booth can scan the defense and still have time for McVay to relay instructions to Goff before the communications system is turned off.

It’s a smart way for McVay to guide his young quarterback. And it’s something we’re likely to see a lot more of — unless the NFL decides to change the coach-to-quarterback communication rules to prevent it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/27/rams-line-up-quickly-so-sean-mcvay-can-call-audibles/

Says everybody that knows what they're talking about.

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

New Rams coach Sean McVay is having a great year, and he’s doing it in part by calling audibles after his offense has already lined up.

As noted by Steven Ruiz of For The Win, Rams quarterback Jared Goff calls a lot of plays at the line of scrimmage, but it’s actually McVay who’s calling the plays, through the NFL’s coach-to-quarterback communication system. That becomes clear when you watch this NFL-produced video about Goff, in which viewers can hear that Goff is being told which audibles to call before he calls them.

The coach-to-quarterback communication system is turned off by a league official with 15 seconds remaining on the play clock, so the Rams line up quickly so that Goff, McVay and the coaches in the booth can scan the defense and still have time for McVay to relay instructions to Goff before the communications system is turned off.

It’s a smart way for McVay to guide his young quarterback. And it’s something we’re likely to see a lot more of — unless the NFL decides to change the coach-to-quarterback communication rules to prevent it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/27/rams-line-up-quickly-so-sean-mcvay-can-call-audibles/

Says everybody that knows what they're talking about.

Went from the highest scoring team to another team and became a highest scoring team, somebody may take their chances and hire Matt Lafleur.

papachaz likes this

Just now, Nereek said:

Went from the highest scoring team to another team and became a highest scoring team, somebody may take their chances and hire Matt Lafleur.

Cool story.

He still has zero play calling experience and would need to hire coordinators on both sides who can call plays.

HASHBROWN3, athell and JDaveG like this

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

At least he had 8 years NFL coaching experience coming into this season, Sark had one. But I would have tried to get an experience play caller.

5 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

But he was HORRIBLE for Matt Ryan and the Falcons according to Quinn.. LOL.. We get rid of all the good coaches

Who says LeFleur is a good coach?  The guy has worked with the most talented players and coaches around.  

What is all the LeFleur love coming from?  The guy has done little on his own.  SMH

JDaveG likes this

It is not about "being buddies."  LeFleur was here and did not impress.  It looks, to me, like he has a coat tails kind of career so far.  

I wish him luck in his career, but if he was here (as a nominal QB coach) and did not impress, I don't want him.  

I think the LeFleur love is more Sarkisian hate and regret.  I get it.  We had a terrible year on offense.  But I am confident that lessons were learned and that we will see a better job from Sarkisian next season.  

Now, let's get us some interior players.   

2 hours ago, etherdome said:

It is not about "being buddies."  LeFleur was here and did not impress.  It looks, to me, like he has a coat tails kind of career so far.  

I wish him luck in his career, but if he was here (as a nominal QB coach) and did not impress, I don't want him.  

I think the LeFleur love is more Sarkisian hate and regret.  I get it.  We had a terrible year on offense.  But I am confident that lessons were learned and that we will see a better job from Sarkisian next season.  

Now, let's get us some interior players.   

Agree on getting the interior players but we are not going to get better under Sark it will be the same vanilla bland and lazy offense next year. 

6 minutes ago, Xfactor said:

Agree on getting the interior players but we are not going to get better under Sark it will be the same vanilla bland and lazy offense next year. 

What are “things people said about Shanahan,” Alex?

HASHBROWN3 and pa_falcon_fan like this

I really don’t see Why this dude keeps coming up? I just don’t get it. They didn’t hire him to be the OC. He still is not calling plays. He may have been a great OC but he also may have been worse. We’ll never know. I do find it interesting  that Shanahan didn’t even take him to SF with him. Happy the guy is moving up in the world, but it’s no point in continuing to look back on what he may or may not have done for the 2017 Falcons.