Jump to content

Would Arthur Blank have turned over the #1 producing store of Home Depot - to a Manager of a Payless store.


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, parmenion said:

Quinn and Dimitroff's fault for hiring Sarkasian, not his fault -  and if a man of character should really resign and look for a position in college football.

Also, not sure how Matt Ryan didn't complain once this year about play calling.

 

Well just because Ryan didn’t publicly criticize playcalling doesn’t necessarily mean he didn’t.  But I also don’t think Ryan and shanny got along all that well either.  But Shanny turned him into an MVP by forcing him to do things he wasn’t used to doing.  Seems as though we just went back to Matts comfort zone and as a result he reverted back to what he always had been

Link to post
Share on other sites

Since you're using a business analogy, its like having the senior manager go above his VP to complain to the Sr. VP.... Not cool if you value your job.

And there's plenty companies hiring people because they talk a good game... They don't fire them immediately because its a poor reflection on their decision making. They evaluate and get them help first. Then they'll admit a poor decision with a twist when all else fails.

Edited by BirdLegs
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BirdLegs said:

Since you're using a business analogy, its like having the senior manager go above his VP to complain to the Sir. VP.... Not cool if you value your job.

And there's plenty companies hiring people because they talk a good game... They don't fire them immediately because its a poor reflection on their decision making. They evaluate and get them help first. Then they'll admit a poor decision with a twist when all else fails.

Well there this thing called skip level meetings for this very reason. Feedback from the troops is important and is most certainly valued and used in the Corp world..,if fb is solicited be fair and by all means give it! The ncluding your star QB!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, atlndvd said:

Well just because Ryan didn’t publicly criticize playcalling doesn’t necessarily mean he didn’t.  But I also don’t think Ryan and shanny got along all that well either.  But Shanny turned him into an MVP by forcing him to do things he wasn’t used to doing.  Seems as though we just went back to Matts comfort zone and as a result he reverted back to what he always had been

It’s the other way around now, Sark is learning and needs to step out of his college comfort zone to call full playbook. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, roguebeaver said:

Well there this thing called skip level meetings for this very reason. Feedback from the troops is important and is most certainly valued and used in the Corp world..,if fb is solicited be fair and by all means give it! The ncluding your star QB!!

I know about skip level, and I've seen it backfire lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This fbs  is Tommy boy D's
 and he is the day clerk from the shoe store,, Al Bundy would have done better.

Hiring Dilly Dan was one thing but at some mofng point you are the GM and you better start managing the team. but if Tommy Boy does one thing good, he does ignore the lines better than any other GM in the league.

Hiring Sukisian?  Who's big idea was that? Quinns? If it was then Surf boy needed to act like a GM and overide ourbicthass coach and administer a Texas Curb Stomp at the same time.

and lemme tell al yall beach blankets something.  That Open Window is Closing fast, and will slam shut pending who gets fired and who gets hired

 

This year we heard all  about how bad Gabriel is comming out of the slot.

Funny thing how last year he was an Electrifying player, so WTF Happened?

 

South Cleveland Falcons.

 

 

 

 

:rant:  "TROFFED"

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, parmenion said:

Also, not sure how Matt Ryan didn't complain once this year about play calling.

http://www.myajc.com/blog/jeff-schultz/steve-sarkisian-adapting-scheme-but-matt-ryan-offense-now/dSVdJYxjzgsa9V1bsnJBOK/

Ryan and Sark get along better than Ryan and Shanny ever did. These plays are the plays Ryan wants to be implemented.

But I don't expect people to pay attention to that. Blame Sark instead of the guy who told him what to do.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Who gives a fk if Ryan and Sukisian get along,, this aint no Tea Bagging Social. FkDat!

You remember Curt Warner, the Rams, and the greatest show on turf?

Yeah,  Moochy and Vermin got all up in Warners haid and he was playing for fear of his Carreer and or Life, Chit you would think they were holding his family at knife point.

WTF ever it worked

Shanny is a first class D "ick Head and Ryan was an MVP.

Yeah I dont like Shanny, but I dislike the Idea of a "Nice Guy Coach" even worse, and getting in touch with yo femininity aint got no place in the NFL.

 

So colse you eyes, grab yo junk 3 time and say. "Aint no place like Cleveland"

 

If I wanted a fkin nice guy for a coach I would have called TLittle Tommy D and told him to hire Rex Mofkn Ryan.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,oh yeah, I still have the Rexxy Fan Boy List,,Yall thought I forgetteded.  

 

,,!,

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, atlndvd said:

Well just because Ryan didn’t publicly criticize playcalling doesn’t necessarily mean he didn’t.  But I also don’t think Ryan and shanny got along all that well either.  But Shanny turned him into an MVP by forcing him to do things he wasn’t used to doing.  Seems as though we just went back to Matts comfort zone and as a result he reverted back to what he always had been

Funny you say this because I had always held this speculative opinion. . . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, atlndvd said:

Well just because Ryan didn’t publicly criticize playcalling doesn’t necessarily mean he didn’t.  But I also don’t think Ryan and shanny got along all that well either.  But Shanny turned him into an MVP by forcing him to do things he wasn’t used to doing.  Seems as though we just went back to Matts comfort zone and as a result he reverted back to what he always had been

What he had always been can’t be too bad since he is easily the best QB this team has ever had and owns nfl records.

ryan took advantage of Shanny’s scheming guys open and game planning. Don’t forget how so many wanted to cut or trade Ryan after Shannys first season. How quick we forget.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Karst41 said:

Who gives a fk if Ryan and Sukisian get along,, this aint no Tea Bagging Social. FkDat!

You remember Curt Warner, the Rams, and the greatest show on turf?

Yeah,  Moochy and Vermin got all up in Warners haid and he was playing for fear of his Carreer and or Life, Chit you would think they were holding his family at knife point.

WTF ever it worked

Shanny is a first class D "ick Head and Ryan was an MVP.

Yeah I dont like Shanny, but I dislike the Idea of a "Nice Guy Coach" even worse, and getting in touch with yo femininity aint got no place in the NFL.

 

So colse you eyes, grab yo junk 3 time and say. "Aint no place like Cleveland"

 

If I wanted a fkin nice guy for a coach I would have called TLittle Tommy D and told him to hire Rex Mofkn Ryan.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,oh yeah, I still have the Rexxy Fan Boy List,,Yall thought I forgetteded.  

 

,,!,

 

Curt Warner was a RB for the Seahawks back in the 80s.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, roguebeaver said:

Well there this thing called skip level meetings for this very reason. Feedback from the troops is important and is most certainly valued and used in the Corp world..,if fb is solicited be fair and by all means give it! The ncluding your star QB!!

Here's another one for you translating back to football:

Sean McVay met with J. Geoff during his interview and asked Geoff what he thought needed to be changed. .. Geoff kept it positive and talked about some of his own improvement. 

McVay fell in love at that point. Now. McVay admitted he could've did what you suggested, but he admired him cause he didn't. If he did, it would've turned out bad... Like QB competition bad.

Don't believe it when the company says they value candor... They really mean be constructive, don't point fingers directly and own your share of the problem.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Technically, it’s more similar to Blank turning over the #1 producing Home Depot store to a guy that inherited the manager job at a top producing Ace Hardware and only had to keep it afloat for one day because the manager that developed the store and did all the work getting it to the big event quit right before the big sale.

That’s more similar to Sark’s situation coming in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, atlndvd said:

Well just because Ryan didn’t publicly criticize playcalling doesn’t necessarily mean he didn’t.  But I also don’t think Ryan and shanny got along all that well either.  But Shanny turned him into an MVP by forcing him to do things he wasn’t used to doing.  Seems as though we just went back to Matts comfort zone and as a result he reverted back to what he always had been

I'm more willing to believe this than other posts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Karst41 said:

This fbs  is Tommy boy D's
 and he is the day clerk from the shoe store,, Al Bundy would have done better.

Hiring Dilly Dan was one thing but at some mofng point you are the GM and you better start managing the team. but if Tommy Boy does one thing good, he does ignore the lines better than any other GM in the league.

Hiring Sukisian?  Who's big idea was that? Quinns? If it was then Surf boy needed to act like a GM and overide ourbicthass coach and administer a Texas Curb Stomp at the same time.

and lemme tell al yall beach blankets something.  That Open Window is Closing fast, and will slam shut pending who gets fired and who gets hired

 

This year we heard all  about how bad Gabriel is comming out of the slot.

Funny thing how last year he was an Electrifying player, so WTF Happened?

 

South Cleveland Falcons.

 

 

 

 

:rant:  "TROFFED"

 

 

 

 

 

Are you kidding?  Al Bundy was a HS football stud.  He was scored 4 TDs in a game and he ran over Bubba Smith of course.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Karst41 said:

Who gives a fk if Ryan and Sukisian get along,, this aint no Tea Bagging Social. FkDat!

You remember Curt Warner, the Rams, and the greatest show on turf?

Yeah,  Moochy and Vermin got all up in Warners haid and he was playing for fear of his Carreer and or Life, Chit you would think they were holding his family at knife point.

WTF ever it worked

Shanny is a first class D "ick Head and Ryan was an MVP.

Yeah I dont like Shanny, but I dislike the Idea of a "Nice Guy Coach" even worse, and getting in touch with yo femininity aint got no place in the NFL.

 

So colse you eyes, grab yo junk 3 time and say. "Aint no place like Cleveland"

 

If I wanted a fkin nice guy for a coach I would have called TLittle Tommy D and told him to hire Rex Mofkn Ryan.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,oh yeah, I still have the Rexxy Fan Boy List,,Yall thought I forgetteded.  

 

,,!,

 

LMFAO... crudely stated but You’re not wrong

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Halcon-1 said:

Funny you say this because I had always held this speculative opinion. . . 

There was an article about their meeting in the off-season. Matt didn’t like play action and bootlegs because he had to turn his back to the defense. He had to get in shape to run outside zone. I’m sure there are things others can comment on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

There was an article about their meeting in the off-season. Matt didn’t like play action and bootlegs because he had to turn his back to the defense. He had to get in shape to run outside zone. I’m sure there are things others can comment on. 

$hit i'm with Matt...i wouldn't wanna turn my back to this Oline either!! the man needs a real Oline!

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

There was an article about their meeting in the off-season. Matt didn’t like play action and bootlegs because he had to turn his back to the defense. He had to get in shape to run outside zone. I’m sure there are things others can comment on. 

Hmmm ... and yet what did Stupid Sark call on the biggest play of the season?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...