ChickenBiscuit

How would you have responded if the Saints went on to win the Super Bowl?

32 posts in this topic

I got fired from my job working at the Hawaii EMS trying to prevent any chance of the Saints getting past next week,  Luckily Tavon Diggs stepped up after my efforts failed.

6 hours ago, paulitik said:

I got fired from my job working at the Hawaii EMS trying to prevent any chance of the Saints getting past next week,  Luckily Tavon Diggs stepped up after my efforts failed.

Well at least you did your part...:ninja:

paulitik likes this

18 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I just won't allow that disgusting and putrid thought to get inside my head. 

That's pretty much it for me too.

After the way last season ended to have them turn around and win it the next year....there's a reason I was so happy when they lost and it wasn't as much that I want them to suffer as it is the last thing I wanted to happen this season was for them to win the Super Bowl.  Then again, that's the last thing I want from any season.

HASHBROWN3 and Godzilla1985 like this

49 minutes ago, kschreck said:

That's pretty much it for me too.

After the way last season ended to have them turn around and win it the next year....there's a reason I was so happy when they lost and it wasn't as much that I want them to suffer as it is the last thing I wanted to happen this season was for them to win the Super Bowl.  Then again, that's the last thing I want from any season.

Exactly. It wouldn’t have been so much about about the Saints winning the SB (as sickening as that would have been on its own), but more about the condition of our hearts.  And just how excruciating it would have been emotionally to watch our rival win it in the face of our heartbreak.  I was thankful that our fans never had to experience that sick feeling.  The fact that they managed one the greatest collapses in NFL playoff history was a humbling that was overdue in that organization given their incredible degree of classlessness.

Godzilla1985 and kschreck like this

I had already decided after Saturday night that was what was going to happen. I was watching the Vikings score on my phone and when they went up 24-23 I decided I was going away from football for a while. Then when I saw the score go 29-24 it was like  a huge relief. For it to happen that way to that slimy fan base is all the better.