Why do some of you keep using this crutch....

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Waterjabbers said:

More likely that they hoped Sark would pick up where Shanny left off, they are disappointed he didn't, and now realize he's not getting fired.

The truth is this, firing Sark makes the Falcons look bad.  Any potential OC that you might want is going to look at the situation and turn it down, because if they don't succeed they will be fired the same as Sark.

So the best plan is to hope the guy is a second year wonder like Shanny, because otherwise our window is probably closed.  We have a defense that only seems to turn it on in the second half of the season and an offense that can't consistently score points.

Sark isn’t going anywhere, but just as a point I don’t think another OC candidate would turn down the job.

Coaches and players alike have egos and they all think they can get the job done. Anyone looking at offensive talent on this team would take the opportunity to work with the likes of Ryan, Julio, Freeman, et al. No way they turn down the job for the reason you stated. 

Everything else you said was spot on, but just not that one part.

Edited by TheUsualStuff

What's funny to me about the whole thing is how some people feel the need to bash Sark repeatedly making the same points in countless threads to where we all are fully aware of what your opinion is about him.  Now match the reality that it is almost a sure thing that he'll be back next season.

All of that said, if you can't change anything about the situation and everyone is fully aware of your feelings on the guy what could your intent be for continuing to make the same dead points over and over again?  

This isn't directed at one particular individual because there are a number of people that are doing this in countless threads.  

12 hours ago, JKH5785 said:

Comparing Shannahans first year with the team under a new head coach establishing a new culture and scheme with less talent isn’t comparable in anyway to Sark coming into a situation where the roster is read,set, go. IMO!

given his inexperience it was highly questionable hire to begin with. Also remember we aren’t talking about a drop off from all time best to average, we are talking about a drop off to bottom of the league in most categories. Scored less than 20pts in 7 games. 

And we never saw the offense grow, as the season progressed. That's my biggest worry, with keeping Sark. He doesn't appear to learn. 

9 hours ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Sark isn’t going anywhere, but just as a point I don’t think another OC candidate would turn down the job.

Coaches and players alike have egos and they all think they can get the job done. Anyone looking at offensive talent on this team would take the opportunity to work with the likes of Ryan, Julio, Freeman, et al. No way they turn down the job for the reason you stated. 

Everything else you said was spot on, but just not that one part.

Coaches also have families.  Atlanta might look like a great opportunity, but if we are firing a coordinator after a statistically top 15 if not a top 10 season then you know taking the job means you have to have a great season or you might be fired too.

Then count the fact that the Steelers need a new OC, Gruden is going to need an OC in Oakland, and the Patriots might need an OC if McDaniels becomes a head coach.  Haley had years in Pittsburgh, Oakland has a lot of talent on offense, and the Patriots have a legacy.  Its not a good look to fire a guy after a year.  

21 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

You must have a short memory. Dude was stubborn, pass happy and fairly predictable that year.

KS benched Roddy (a fan favorite and ROH probable) his first season when his performance was subpar. Sark wouldn’t even increase Tevin’s snapcount when he outplayed Freeman. And it is well known that KS couldn’t install the entire playbook, which explains why his plays were more predictable (because he had less plays he could put in the gameplan). 

The point is there are actual reasons that were out of Shanahan’s control that contributed to our lackluster performance year 1. What are the reasons out of Sark’s control? Everybody knows the playbook, year 3 of the system. All Pro Center. If players weren’t doing their jobs, why weren’t they benched? 

1 hour ago, Waterjabbers said:

Coaches also have families.  Atlanta might look like a great opportunity, but if we are firing a coordinator after a statistically top 15 if not a top 10 season then you know taking the job means you have to have a great season or you might be fired too.

Then count the fact that the Steelers need a new OC, Gruden is going to need an OC in Oakland, and the Patriots might need an OC if McDaniels becomes a head coach.  Haley had years in Pittsburgh, Oakland has a lot of talent on offense, and the Patriots have a legacy.  Its not a good look to fire a guy after a year.  

I know its not a good look and that and other reasons are all part of why we are not making any changes, but I still don’t think anyone would turn down the job because we fired Sark after one year. They might not take the job because they would prefer to go to the Steelers or take some other job, but not because we fired Sark.

Doesn’t matter anyway... Sark isn't going anywhere. I just think many people would jump at the chance to coach these skill players.

On 1/15/2018 at 7:20 PM, WhenFalconsWin said:

Sark, doesn't seem to be a big fan of the TE.  I mean I kept praying for a TE seam route all season for a big play over the middle and I never saw it.  Maybe he doesn't like our current TEs?  It's criminal we aren't using TEs in our schemes.  The can be huge in goal to go and red zone situations.  

It's his lack of NFL experience. 

4 hours ago, Waterjabbers said:

I doubt that it would stop coaches from wanting to interview. Weather in ATL is also significantly better than NE or or Pittsburgh, and also a much nicer place than Oakland who will also be moving again in 2 years. 

No Kyle was azz his first year also, difference is we saw small glimpses of what ww could be. Julio leading the league/ 40 points games/ Ryan having 300+ yard passing games, etc. 

This offense offers nothing too look forward to beside a run heavy dink and dunk offense that belongs in some technical JUCO school not the NFL.