JKH5785

Why do some of you keep using this crutch....

66 posts in this topic

“We struggled in Kyles first year too...”

Can those of you who aimlessly throw this out as some kind of ammo in defense of Sark please remember just a couple of crucial points...

First off we barely had a Center that could snap the ball to Ryan, there was no MACK, no SANU, no Gabriel....

Secondly, that was Ryan’s and our existing players FIRST YEAR in that system...of course their was a learning curve. The whole point of bringing Sark in was so the players didn’t have to change plays/system. 

Considering just those two points, it’s rediculous to keep throwing that excuse out there for Sarkisian who was mostly about as creative as one of those apes who twirl business signs on the side of the street. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JKH5785 said:

“We struggled in Kyles first year too...”

Can those of you who aimlessly throw this out as some kind of ammo in defense of Sark please remember just a couple of crucial points...

First off we barely had a Center that could snap the ball to Ryan, there was no MACK, no SANU, no Gabriel....

Secondly, that was Ryan’s and our existing players FIRST YEAR in that system...of course their was a learning curve. The whole point of bringing Sark in was so the players didn’t have to change plays/system. 

Considering just those two points, it’s rediculous to keep throwing that excuse out there for Sarkisian who was mostly about as creative as one of those apes who twirl business signs on the side of the street. 

You must have a short memory. Dude was stubborn, pass happy and fairly predictable that year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeh Kyle came into a dysfunctional situation with a brand new head coach trying to establish a new culture as well, with a slew of existing players that weren’t his choice. 

Kyles second year I think he really was where he wanted to be personnel wise. Minus maybe a great impact TE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

You must have a short memory. Dude was stubborn, pass happy and fairly predictable that year.

Also remember we had to be pass Happy because we couldn’t establish a decent ground game with backup centers running his system

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JKH5785 said:

Yeh Kyle came into a dysfunctional situation with a brand new head coach trying to establish a new culture as well, with a slew of existing players that weren’t his choice. 

Kyles second year I think he really was where he wanted to be personnel wise. Minus maybe a great impact TE

Sark, doesn't seem to be a big fan of the TE.  I mean I kept praying for a TE seam route all season for a big play over the middle and I never saw it.  Maybe he doesn't like our current TEs?  It's criminal we aren't using TEs in our schemes.  The can be huge in goal to go and red zone situations.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

You must have a short memory. Dude was stubborn, pass happy and fairly predictable that year.

But he had actual NFL experience, so you had a better idea of what you'd get, even if things were a bit rocky that first year....

Sark's offense might be better next year, but to me hiring him to begin with was an unnecessary risk considering our roster.

nomak, sdogg, PokerSteve and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JKH5785 said:

“We struggled in Kyles first year too...”

Can those of you who aimlessly throw this out as some kind of ammo in defense of Sark please remember just a couple of crucial points...

First off we barely had a Center that could snap the ball to Ryan, there was no MACK, no SANU, no Gabriel....

Secondly, that was Ryan’s and our existing players FIRST YEAR in that system...of course their was a learning curve. The whole point of bringing Sark in was so the players didn’t have to change plays/system. 

Considering just those two points, it’s rediculous to keep throwing that excuse out there for Sarkisian who was mostly about as creative as one of those apes who twirl business signs on the side of the street. 

I would say it's OBVIOUS that things took a horrific turn offensively this year. Therefore it's obvious we weren't running the same plays. Otherwise Gabriel would've gotten triple the touches and Nick Williams would've never seen the field...not to mention our MVP Matt Bryant. We would gain 7 on 1st down and lose 5 on 2nd. Bruh it was bad. Did you watch the games? You think they just forgot how to hook up down the field in the off season?

Bigbenright likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Sark, doesn't seem to be a big fan of the TE.  I mean I kept praying for a TE seam route all season for a big play over the middle and I never saw it.  Maybe he doesn't like our current TEs?  It's criminal we aren't using TEs in our schemes.  The can be huge in goal to go and red zone situations.  

Week one vs Bears. Probably our longest pass all year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i know the danger of replying.  you can see that i don't post much.  I am pretty angry/disappointed with the offense and how they played all year.

But, i think you should consider that he doesn't know the personnel, he has to learn about them and their tendencies.  It's clear he is not as fluent in running Shannahan's scheme the Shannahan ran it.  Your point is valid and again, i am also disappointed, but, the overall picture is somewhere in the middle.

My opinion.  

 

JD dirtybird21, cnst and PokerSteve like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hypothetically, if Shanahan was great in his first year then the apologists would probably come up with another reason as to why it's not his fault. They'll see what they want to see.

With that being said, our offensive line has been lacklustre but they played well enough against Phily for us to net more than 10pts (which were really off of turnovers). ****, Tevin Coleman had like 10 carries for 70 yards. If Sarkisian can't adapt to mismatches or overcome slight personnel changes then we're going to have to seriously vamp up our offensive line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Comparing Shannahans first year with the team under a new head coach establishing a new culture and scheme with less talent isn’t comparable in anyway to Sark coming into a situation where the roster is read,set, go. IMO!

given his inexperience it was highly questionable hire to begin with. Also remember we aren’t talking about a drop off from all time best to average, we are talking about a drop off to bottom of the league in most categories. Scored less than 20pts in 7 games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those who seriously think Sark is going anywhere, the worst thing that happened was the Falcons making the playoffs as it only gave Sark some justification for hanging around (no matter how much of it was defense).  Sark then had a good game in LA that only added some foundation to his job.

He is going to get a second year whether you like it or not and the best hope right now is not screaming about him but looking at what talent could be added or skills improved to save this offense.

Since1990 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Deadmeat said:

i know the danger of replying.  you can see that i don't post much.  I am pretty angry/disappointed with the offense and how they played all year.

But, i think you should consider that he doesn't know the personnel, he has to learn about them and their tendencies.  It's clear he is not as fluent in running Shannahan's scheme the Shannahan ran it.  Your point is valid and again, i am also disappointed, but, the overall picture is somewhere in the middle.

My opinion.  

 

Also, Sark should have known his personnel before the season started and tweaked along the way if he needed to. He virtually wrote Gabriel out of the offense and seemingly threw out all the plays that involved passing to the RBs out on a LBs. 

Truthfully, you couldn’t have had a dictionary more clear on what your personnel was capable of over all the game film we put on tape as an offense last season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

Week one vs Bears. Probably our longest pass all year.

As it would be for most teams...  

Edit: Just checked. Big Ben had a 97 yarder, Jared Goff had a 94 yarder. Matt Ryan was third with an 88 yarder. 

Edited by NashvilleFalcon01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, lostnmexico said:

Dont Forget Kyle had NFL experience coming in and this cat had NO REAL NFL EXPERIENCE WHATSOEVER!  Hate Sarkisian Apologists!  Kitty has no claws!

Funny, the Bills just hired Doball Alabama OC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

For those who seriously think Sark is going anywhere, the worst thing that happened was the Falcons making the playoffs as it only gave Sark some justification for hanging around (no matter how much of it was defense).  Sark then had a good game in LA that only added some foundation to his job.

He is going to get a second year whether you like it or not and the best hope right now is not screaming about him but looking at what talent could be added or skills improved to save this offense.

Thing is I don’t suspect he is going anywhere, considering the HC that hired him without inexperience, was the same HC who couldn’t step up and manage the end of the Super Bowl with 3 runs and a FG to bring home our first title. 

I mean I forgive Quinn for that, however, if he retains Sark and the offense sucks next year when Ryan and jones and Freeman are another year older, then he will likely be feeling more heat than just possibly having to look for a new OC. Just saying... 

lets face it. We have young defense, but the window with this offensive unit is a lot smaller, so do we really have time to be messing around with someone that turned in that kind of offensive resume this season. Ryan is going on 10years, Jones isn’t getting any younger and is injured enough that he barely practices during season now, Freeman’s had several concussions. Our all pro Center wasted 3/4 of his career in Cleveland...the offensive window is smaller than many think

Edited by JKH5785

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about we stop defending Sark period until he makes changes. 

I get the whole trial and error thing but he has not made any type of improvement from preseason until now with the offense. 

If the run isn’t working then we are screwed on offense and are one dimensional because we have to use Julio to get up the field. 

Sark needs to leave. We have a window of opportunity for contending and we can’t waste it on a beginner like Sark. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, TexasFalcon4Life said:

Funny, the Bills just hired Doball Alabama OC.

He’s been an NFL OC before. 

Also has five SB rings. 

Edited by Sidecar Falcon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the best answer is to bring in another offensive mind I would go get Matt LaFleur and give him a ton of money to be our QB Coach or CO OC .Keep Sark who I honestly believe will be better his second year but we do need someone who knows how to use TE's. Who understand we need a baller at WR who can stretch the field or learn how to use Gabe. We need a 3rd BIG BACK who can get the 3rd and 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i can admit i have been one of the apologists. But KS having a bad first year has nothing to do with it. It's simply frustrating that we change coordinators so often, but in the end your right Sark has to go,the drop off in offense is inexplicable considering where we were last year

 I never expected we would be as good this year but i sure as **** didn't think we wouldn't be able to compete either. I admit i  bought in to the whole were going to run the same plays bullcrap that they fed to us in the off season but that obviously isn't what happened on the field .  Just seems like we never are able to put the puzzle together, maybe next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JKH5785 said:

“We struggled in Kyles first year too...”

Can those of you who aimlessly throw this out as some kind of ammo in defense of Sark please remember just a couple of crucial points...

First off we barely had a Center that could snap the ball to Ryan, there was no MACK, no SANU, no Gabriel....

Secondly, that was Ryan’s and our existing players FIRST YEAR in that system...of course their was a learning curve. The whole point of bringing Sark in was so the players didn’t have to change plays/system. 

Considering just those two points, it’s rediculous to keep throwing that excuse out there for Sarkisian who was mostly about as creative as one of those apes who twirl business signs on the side of the street. 

 

The title of the thread you started is : "Why do some of you keep using this crutch...." Also you say and I quote : "THOSE APES WHO TWIRL BUSINESS SINGS ON THE SIDE OF THE STREET?" WTF is that about, that's some racist BS there if you ask me!!!!!!!

But you never really mention what the crutch actually is, I mean you complain about Sarks, but then you rant about things that have nothing to do with Sarks. 

Thing is, what you have to consider and it has been all over the forums even in spring training camp that Sarks was handed a playbook to work with. NOTE I SAID WORK WITH : Meaning he never really had a chance to bring his own playbook into any game. Yeah he could make changes here and there : BUT IT WAS NOT HIS PLAYBOOK!  

SARKS WAS A PUPPET when it comes to the offense. The man is not dumb. If he is then what does that say about Dan QUINN?  And Arthur Blank? You tell me because I am asking right now? Bet I don't get an answer from you. 

Falcons just lost, and that's all it amounts to, and it's not the end of the world. I wasn't on that field, it was entertainment for me to watch and that is all it was. While I realize that you and me both invest our feelings in watching this sports/drama/reality maybe fixed game,  at the end of the day it wont change your life one way or another unless you lay some money on it, and if you do that then my opinion is you must not have much of a life because if I had money to lay on anything I'd spend it on family, not stupid stuff. 

 

Edited by WinningIsTheOnlyOption
ATLFalcon71 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WinningIsTheOnlyOption said:

 

The title of the thread you started is : "Why do some of you keep using this crutch...." Also you say and I quote : "THOSE APES WHO TWIRL BUSINESS SINGS ON THE SIDE OF THE STREET?" WTF is that about, that's some racist BS there if you ask me!!!!!!!

But you never really mention what the crutch actually is, I mean you complain about Sarks, but then you rant about things that have nothing to do with Sarks. 

Thing is, what you have to consider and it has been all over the forums even in spring training camp that Sarks was handed a playbook to work with. NOTE I SAID WORK WITH : Meaning he never really had a chance to bring his own playbook into any game. Yeah he could make changes here and there : BUT IT WAS NOT HIS PLAYBOOK!  

SARKS WAS A PUPPET when it comes to the offense. The man is not dumb. If he is then what does that say about Dan QUINN?  And Arthur Blank? You tell me because I am asking right now? Bet I don't get an answer from you. 

Falcons just lost, and that's all it amounts to, and it's not the end of the world. I wasn't on that field, it was entertainment for me to watch and that is all it was. While I realize that you and me both invest our feelings in watching this sports/drama/reality maybe fixed game,  at the end of the day it wont change your life one way or another unless you lay some money on it, and if you do that then my opinion is you must not have much of a life because if I had money to lay on anything I'd spend it on family, not stupid stuff. 

 

seriously you haven't seen the people in the ape costumes twirling signs for advertisement  ?

Bigbenright likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fan72 said:

seriously you haven't seen the people in the ape costumes twirling signs for advertisement  ?

So you say, it's very convenient to say such things after the fact. Should be mentioned from the start because of the insinuation. But I guess the entire point of this thread is ridiculous anyway. 

Blame Sarks? Why? Because he was handed a playbook and told to CALL ANOTHER PERSONS PLAYS? I mean really..... That's ridiculous. The man NEVER HAD A CHANCE TO CALL HIS OWN PLAYS, he just had a chance to make a few changes to a KNOWN playbook from the start.  

I think and hope the Falcons keep SARKS as the OC and let him create his OWN PLAYBOOK.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now