Brett Kollman asks what the **** was Sark thinking ?

BirdHeadKemo

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Julio was isolated one on one!  No slip and fall and we win. 

I’m not defending Sark as much as you think because our players didn’t execute that well this year and it’s Sarkisian’s first year.

Both sides of the equation need to improve to be fair about it.

You are right we should all be fair. And to be fair perhaps isolating Julio wasn't the right decision. It is probably the best matchup with conventional thought. However I do believe I read that prior to that pass we were 1 for 17 targeting Julio in the end zone. I would say statistically speaking he was the target with the least probability of catching a TD.

6 hours ago, BendFalcon said:

Keephearing about the play calling at the 2 yd line.  It was a cluster.   Want to win the game?  Spread formation on 1st down.  Right bweforw before snap Ryan moves up under center and sneaks.  Great chance of scoring.  If you only get a yard. Do it again.  

We were only on the 2 yard line for the 4th down. 

7 hours ago, falcons007 said:

I seriously thought they would run Coleman back to back on first and second down. Takes time of the clock and just feed the hot hand. May be they could have ran a play action pass off those outsize zone runs. 

And do so with Poe leading the way. Sark has zero creativity at calling plays. It's like he looks at his play sheet and says "hey let's try this." He's a waist of payroll dollars waiting the Falcons talent. 

14 hours ago, Dawggone said:

You are right we should all be fair. And to be fair perhaps isolating Julio wasn't the right decision. It is probably the best matchup with conventional thought. However I do believe I read that prior to that pass we were 1 for 17 targeting Julio in the end zone. I would say statistically speaking he was the target with the least probability of catching a TD.

We targeted JJ very little in the EZ much to the chagrin of many here during the year. So the fact that Sark isolated him on a smaller CB was just what the doctor ordered.  The call was excellent, but the execution broke down.  Slip and fall. I really don't like second guessing too much. But I really don't think it's a stretch to suggest we win that game if Julio doesn't lose his footing.

You can slice & dice that all you want to in order to make it fit your view of things, but it goes right back to execution or lack thereof.  

I hate isolation plays when the game is on the line. What do you do if something weird happens out of your control, like the receiver slips? Ryan's skill is quickly surveying the field, finding the receiver with the best matchup, and getting that guy the ball. Heshould have had at least 2-3 different options on that play, not one. 

21 hours ago, falcons007 said:

I seriously thought they would run Coleman back to back on first and second down. Takes time of the clock and just feed the hot hand. May be they could have ran a play action pass off those outsize zone runs. 

From the third corner on, Coleman should have been in the game. 

When he ran us to 1st and goal, he absolutely should have gotten at least one more carry, if not two. 

Thats the only thing that really bothered me with that game.....it was working. Do it. 

26 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

From the third corner on, Coleman should have been in the game. 

When he ran us to 1st and goal, he absolutely should have gotten at least one more carry, if not two. 

Thats the only thing that really bothered me with that game.....it was working. Do it. 

Rookie mistake by Sark.

22 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

So we isolate Julio one on one for the game winner and he slips and falls.  

I’m not saying Sark is all that or not, but every time we get into the play calling, there are constant execution issues from the players.

The entire Eagles D blew up the dump/shovel pass to ward. They were having a meeting around the ball in our backfield.  Call it a bad call or whatever but we sure got handled up front.

I can agree with you. Except for the final play, even if JJ doesnt slip, he wasn't open, wasn't going to get open and was doomed from the snap.

So on the final rollout snap.  We (me included) are all blaming Sark for the playcall.  I wonder if Matt Ryan had any input at all into that playcall.  I would think any good offensive coordinator would at the very least ask his QB which plays he likes and would allow his qb to have some input.  maybe I am wrong but maybe it was Ryan who called for the play and not Sark.

28 minutes ago, nbostp said:

So on the final rollout snap.  We (me included) are all blaming Sark for the playcall.  I wonder if Matt Ryan had any input at all into that playcall.  I would think any good offensive coordinator would at the very least ask his QB which plays he likes and would allow his qb to have some input.  maybe I am wrong but maybe it was Ryan who called for the play and not Sark.

Not enough time to ask for input there, the OC should be prepared for those plays.