Brett Kollman asks what the **** was Sark thinking ?

41 minutes ago, BirdHeadKemo said:

I'll say this. I'm pretty much a run first guy. I mean, look at my signature. But this was one game where I was 100% convinced we had to use the pass to setup the run. We played right into their hands with that game plan of "run up the middle then throw PA". I had a really sick feeling in my stomach when I heard Quinn say we "want to run the ball more" in the 2nd half. Beyond Stark, I don't even think QUINN got it.

When you're facing a DL that is literally mauling your OL like they aren't there, you have no time for deeper routes. You don't typically have time for play action except on 1st down. You have to spread the field and throw quick precise timing routes. If you get off schedule you throw screens or try to bust a trap/draw. Your options are VERY limited when your OL is getting manhandled like ours was. The ONLY thing we had working in the run game was the pitch outside zone right. That's it. And you can only run that so many times before they cover it. Once you get them running backwards chasing receivers, then you MIGHT be able to run right at them. But I think Cox was at least as destructive as Donald was. And the Philly LBs played better.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, sandtrap said:

They were in our back field all game. Why not call something else that would help negate it instead? I'll call it bad play calling add terrible inability to adjust or game plan like OP is talking about. 

We did call something to negate it.....that is the premise of the sprint out...it gets the qb away from inside pressure and gives him an open view of the passing windows.

6 minutes ago, TexasFalcon4Life said:

No one gets that.

They get to caught up in the idea that it cuts off half of the field.....but that is not a bad thing per say...we got the EXACT look that we wanted.....Julio one on one in the end zone. 

People need to stop basing football on madden.....it is maddening......pun intended

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

They get to caught up in the idea that it cuts off half of the field.....but that is not a bad thing per say...we got the EXACT look that we wanted.....Julio one on one in the end zone. 

People need to stop basing football on madden.....it is maddening......pun intended

So you dont prepare for Murphys law? And have plan B or plan C on seasons most pivotal game changing play?

1 hour ago, sandtrap said:

They were in our back field all game. Why not call something else that would help negate it instead? I'll call it bad play calling add terrible inability to adjust or game plan like OP is talking about. 

Fine then. Call another fkg play and if it doesn’t work or we fk up, then begin blame game cycle once again.  

2 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Not as bad as you think....ward is a good runner and runs hard....freeman was not doing much  and while Coleman had a great game he is not always the hardest runner......even if he is short ward can push a pile.

Well I sure hate that we couldn't find out what T. Coleman was made of in that instance. Because we didn't hand him the ball to give him a chance after averaging seven yards a carry.

2 hours ago, since68andcounting said:

I had a really sick feeling in my stomach when I heard Quinn say we "want to run the ball more" in the 2nd half.

You definitely weren't the only one that had this feeling. When the reporter said that I literally was thinking maybe he said this to throw them off of the game plan but nope he was 100 percent on board with it. Terrible game plan. 

2 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

The problem is that on this play.

1.  The Eagles knew what was coming.

2.  If you give yourself one option and something happens to that option,  like he ends up on the ground, then you have no options.

If you run that play on 2nd or 3rd down then it's another story but the entire sequence of plays was baffling.  Make them use timeouts in case you do score and all they need to do is get in FG range because even if they did score Philly literally had a minute to get the ball into FG range.

2 hours ago, TexasFalcon4Life said:

No one gets that.

I've been saying that since 10 minutes after the game. The sprint out was a good call, as long as you don't mind "cutting the field in half." 

I don't mind it in that situation, provided that Ryan had at least two options. Julio slipped, then he whiffed when Matt bought enough time for him to get back up. 

3 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Let's not make it like a downgrade, let's make it a "special hire" you know, "to consult with" Sark.  There, problem solved. ;)

Sark, if you're reading this, you know what I mean, bud.  

Shanny had OC staff to help him scheme....Who is on Sark's staff?

3 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Let's not make it like a downgrade, let's make it a "special hire" you know, "to consult with" Sark.  There, problem solved. ;)

Sark, if you're reading this, you know what I mean, bud.  

Can a current head coach in say a west coast city in CA consult for the OC of another team? tMmHgzs.gif

The offense was clearly the greater problem but I’d like to know why the defensive gameplan was “keep everything in front.”

To me, it should have been “stop the run and dare Foles to beat you downfield.”

Do that and taking into account the Barnwell article about our lack of offensive meaningful drives, it might have given us more chances. 

3 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Philly’s defense had harassed Matt all day. I think they just wanted to by him some time to make a play.

37 minutes ago, TexasFalcon4Life said:

Philly’s defense had harassed Matt all day. I think they just wanted to by him some time to make a play.

True, and I don't remember us designing too many play to help slow that down either.  Few WR/RB Screens, delayed draws/handoffs, play action you know, stuff that helps slow down the pass rush.