Brett Kollman asks what the **** was Sark thinking ?

For those of you that don’t know Brett Kollman he is a draft and film analyst. His YouTube videos are very interesting and in depth. I respect his opinion a lot. He has an intelligent football mind.

The book may still be out on Sark but this is just ridiculous. No way we shouldn’t have scored more than 10 points. Our offense has been limping through the season all year because of him.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the very least the Falcons need to bring in someone like Jim Caldwell or Mike McCoy that can help with the game planning.

Any good OC out there knows they can turn this OC job into another head coaching job with the talent that's here.  But this talent isn't going to last forever.  I hope the front office doesn't waste another year hoping Sark figures it out.

Quinn needs to go back to his DC experience and recall another guy he had a hard time game planning for and hire him.  He obviously didn't have that with Sark and went out on a limb.  

3 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

At the very least the Falcons need to bring in someone like Jim Caldwell or Mike McCoy that can help with the game planning.

Any good OC out there knows they can turn this OC job into another head coaching job with the talent that's here.  But this talent isn't going to last forever.  I hope the front office doesn't waste another year hoping Sark figures it out.

Quinn needs to go back to his DC experience and recall another guy he had a hard time game planning for and hire him.  He obviously didn't have that with Sark and went out on a limb.  

I agree bring in another football mind to help in hose areas where we struggle at. 

So we isolate Julio one on one for the game winner and he slips and falls.  

I’m not saying Sark is all that or not, but every time we get into the play calling, there are constant execution issues from the players.

The entire Eagles D blew up the dump/shovel pass to ward. They were having a meeting around the ball in our backfield.  Call it a bad call or whatever but we sure got handled up front.

8 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I’m not saying Sark is all that or not, but every time we get into the play calling, there are constant execution issues from the players.

The entire Eagles D blew up the dump/shovel pass to ward. They were having a meeting around the ball in our backfield.  Call it a bad call or whatever but we sure got handled up front.

But why throw a shovel pass when we was getting beat up front the whole game. Why throw to Julio when the world knows your going to him? And you have a back (Tevin) who is averaging 7yards a carry. Why aren’t your best players on the field.

Just now, BirdHeadKemo said:

But why throw a shovel pass when we was getting beat up front the whole game. Why throw to Julio when the world knows your going to him? And you have a back (Tevin) who is averaging 7yards a carry. Why aren’t your best players on the field.

Julio was isolated one on one!  No slip and fall and we win. 

I’m not defending Sark as much as you think because our players didn’t execute that well this year and it’s Sarkisian’s first year.

Both sides of the equation need to improve to be fair about it.

7 minutes ago, BirdHeadKemo said:

I seriously thought they would run Coleman back to back on first and second down. Takes time of the clock and just feed the hot hand. May be they could have ran a play action pass off those outsize zone runs. 

22 minutes ago, Statick said:

Again, Sark doesn't take into account who he has on the field.

A shovel pass to Ward? WTF?

Not as bad as you think....ward is a good runner and runs hard....freeman was not doing much  and while Coleman had a great game he is not always the hardest runner......even if he is short ward can push a pile.

12 minutes ago, BirdHeadKemo said:

A shuffle pass is basically a screen play....the very nature of it is designed to counter when you are getting beat up front

On 1/15/2018 at 1:49 PM, falconsd56 said:

Not as bad as you think....ward is a good runner and runs hard....freeman was not doing much  and while Coleman had a great game he is not always the hardest runner......even if he is short ward can push a pile.

Ward is good from the backfield, not starting from a dead run and definitely not catching passes.

Nowhere as good as Coleman and definitely not as good as Freeman. So let's kill that now.

19 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I really like Quinn think he is great at most everything a coach does except game day. He isn't gonna change OC's or even his approach,coaches never think they do anything wrong and its always on the the players. So right or wrong Falcons need to get better players FA OG FA DL and draft accordingly as well. 

Just now, Statick said:

Ward is good from the backfield, not starting from a dead run and definitely not catching passes.

Nowhere as good as Coleman and definitely not as good as Freeman. So let's kill that now.

Apparently freeman had knee issues.....that would explain his lack of burst all game.

Still Ward runs harder and actually has good hands....it may not have Been the ideal  choice but if you take a few steps back and look at other plays through out the season it is not nearly as outrageous as some of you are making it out to be.

On 1/15/2018 at 1:55 PM, falconsd56 said:

Apparently freeman had knee issues.....that would explain his lack of burst all game.

Still Ward runs harder and actually has good hands....it may not have Been the ideal  choice but if you take a few steps back and look at other plays through out the season it is not nearly as outrageous as some of you are making it out to be.

The dumb play call aside, like I said, Sark doesn't take in account who he has on the field. 

Ward should have been used better.

29 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I hear what you’re saying, but execution reflects coaching IMO (In in the minority).   Why did defensive execution improve so much once Quinn started calling the Dlast year? Why did the Lions offense improve so drastically once Jim Bob Cooter took over the play calling? Coaching and execution can’t be divided

32 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

They were in our back field all game. Why not call something else that would help negate it instead? I'll call it bad play calling add terrible inability to adjust or game plan like OP is talking about.