Arkridge

Michael Lombardi Heavily Criticizes Sark's Playcalling; Calls Him A Lazy High School Coach

142 posts in this topic

Just now, WalkingTheDawg said:

Wasn't making it up, just misinformed. I'm wrong about stuff, sometimes. I was wrong about Shanny. I was wrong about giving up so much draft stock to get Julio. I was wrong about moving up to get Trufant. It happens. If Sark sucks next year, I'll be wrong about wanting to give him another year to find his way.  It'll be ok.

I don’t think many are saying here not to give Sark another year. It’s stupid to fire Sark now, he needs to get one more year.

WalkingTheDawg and crimsonhawk like this

4 hours ago, since68andcounting said:

Man that's harsh. I agree we could've had a better call. I was actually MORE upset that we didn't run the ball up the gut on 1st or 2nd down. They totally wouldn't have expected it and it would've run clock. We had timeouts.

But ultimately, not only did our all pro WR slip, the ball went through his hands. The blame ain't all on Sark.

I think you could apply what he said to the entire game and really all season long. Just lazy playcalling all season long.

1 hour ago, crimsonhawk said:

You can bet Sark will be under a microscope next season, rightly or wrongly, and if he can't get it done the team will be ready to move on.

Isn’t it better to do as Nick Saban  did in the national championship game and simply pull the Band-Aid off. He didn’t wait till next year to make a change, he did so at halftime of the biggest game of the year. 

2 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Isn’t it better to do as Nick Saban  did in the national championship game and simply pull the Band-Aid off. He didn’t wait till next year to make a change, he did so at halftime of the biggest game of the year. 

Well, that kinda stuff has a better chance to work in college....and we are talking about a player vs a coordinator. 

5 hours ago, crimsonhawk said:

Quite frankly that is all you can ask for....but GOOD teams do not fire their brand new OC after just one season. If the front office had bowed to the wishes of this fanbase, 2016 never happens. Just think about that. These boards are a mirror image of the 2015 post season boards.

Yep. Agree he's got at least another year. If he's got what it takes, he'll make the most of it and take this offense back into the top 5 and deep in the play-offs.

crimsonhawk likes this

7 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Cool what if it meant another down year adjusting to the new OC or are you expecting for him to bring his magic wand and we rewind the clock to 2016?

It would not take much of an improvement for a new OC. We scored about 2 TDs a game less with Sark play calling.

Falconsin2012 likes this

4 hours ago, falcons007 said:

I don’t think many are saying here not to give Sark another year. It’s stupid to fire Sark now, he needs to get one more year.

Get ready for a lot more FGs.

Sark was put in a difficult position by DQ. DQ didn't keep Matt LaFleur as a QB Coach now he has this mess. DQ made Raheem passing game Coach. You kidding me the guy is not a strong offensive mind. Now what? DQ will not let Sark go ( maybe he shouldn't) but he will not have enough guts to go find a co OC. Honestly that last 4 downs was a travesty. Who did they think they were fooling. You do a shuffle pass to 5:8 Ward. Why was he in the game. Coleman would have gotten us the 2 yards. Why was the FB in the game on the last play? It is embarrassing that Philly players say they knew the play

That is telling

Falconsin2012 likes this

37 minutes ago, Bigbenright said:

It would not take much of an improvement for a new OC. We scored about 2 TDs a game less with Sark play calling.

Yeah ok man keep telling yourself that.

Your going to run into the issue of the new guy wanting to make his stamp and hence there goes a year.

As bad as Sark supposedly went the team was 2 games away from the SB while running the offense he wanted it run.

The idea a new guy's going to come in here and it'll be sweet is for dreamers it very rarely goes like that.

5 hours ago, falcons007 said:

This statement still bothers me from Falcons players and 2 inside sources:

“We can all watch a game on television and see through the fog that something is wrong with this offense, but we outsiders don’t know the difference between growing pains and dysfunction. So I asked two Falcons offensive players I trust.

They both used the same word to describe Sarkisian’s approach to the offense: “disorganized.” And we’re not talking about desk clutter. Shanahan had a plan, they said. Every play and every concept employed was an exercise in deception. Set up one expectation in the first half, and then later break that expectation for a big gain in a critical moment. Sarkisian, formerly Alabama’s offensive coordinator and USC’s head coach, doesn’t have that aspect of the pro game in his tool bag, they say.”

10 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Yeah ok man keep telling yourself that.

Your going to run into the issue of the new guy wanting to make his stamp and hence there goes a year.

As bad as Sark supposedly went the team was 2 games away from the SB while running the offense he wanted it run.

The idea a new guy's going to come in here and it'll be sweet is for dreamers it very rarely goes like that.

Worked for the Lions with Cooter.  Same for Big Ben with Haley.  Also when the Ravens OC was fired mid season

31 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Worked for the Lions with Cooter.  Same for Big Ben with Haley.  Also when the Ravens OC was fired mid season

I'm glad you bring up those that it worked for because I'm sure if I could be bothered looking there'd be as many that have failed.

Anyway that's not the point I'm gettting at here we could have KS back but the issue would still be if you don't win the SB it's a fail that's what this change the OC is about really.

It has nothing to do of how we use our players it's if we win or lose the big game **** we could have the village idiot as the OC and he won he'd be proclaimed the saviour.

The whole narrative is win the SB nothing else matters and then reality kicks in.

Funny this is, I didn't like the hire because I didn't understand the logic behind replacing Shanahan with someone with no experience. As the season went along, I began to take up for him because the players were not executing and looked like keystone cops out there on the field. I've since had a complete change of heart, though. If Sark does not improve, and I mean improve a lot, he has to go after 2018.

Falconsin2012 likes this

10 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

“We can all watch a game on television and see through the fog that something is wrong with this offense, but we outsiders don’t know the difference between growing pains and dysfunction. So I asked two Falcons offensive players I trust.

They both used the same word to describe Sarkisian’s approach to the offense: “disorganized.” And we’re not talking about desk clutter. Shanahan had a plan, they said. Every play and every concept employed was an exercise in deception. Set up one expectation in the first half, and then later break that expectation for a big gain in a critical moment. Sarkisian, formerly Alabama’s offensive coordinator and USC’s head coach, doesn’t have that aspect of the pro game in his tool bag, they say.”

Whoa! What?!?! 

10 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I can’t disagree with that, there was no flow or Rythm. He did call good random plays.

Falconsin2012 likes this

7 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I can’t disagree with that, there was no flow or Rythm. He did call good random plays.

Sark has a good feel in the running game.  Unfortunately his feel for the passing game is well behind most NFL OC’s.  Having Shannahan’s playbook is meaningless if you don’t have a sense of when to call certain plays.

11 hours ago, since68andcounting said:

Man that's harsh. I agree we could've had a better call. I was actually MORE upset that we didn't run the ball up the gut on 1st or 2nd down. They totally wouldn't have expected it and it would've run clock. We had timeouts.

But ultimately, not only did our all pro WR slip, the ball went through his hands. The blame ain't all on Sark.

To me, the blame is all on Sarkisian.  

You mean to tell me with your possible FINAL play of the year, that was the best play you could find in the playbook?

Out of ALL the plays we could’ve called, that’s what we could muster?

10 hours ago, The Legendary SB said:

22qd5n.jpg

ODxC4Vt.png

22qd90.jpg

We can get a kid who smokes weed and play Madden in his mom's basement all day. To do a better job than shark. Just give the kid a bag a weed , money and put him in the both.

Flying Falcon likes this

4 hours ago, falcons007 said:

People say it’s not Sarks fault when our players don’t execute. I disagree. When you have no offensive rhythm, you cause failures in execution. 

Agree 100% all were going to do is waste another season with Sark while everyone gets a year older. I also agree what he said about Quinn. 

From what was told to us by Quinn, the offense was to stay the same from Shanahan to Sarkisian. If that indeed was the case, then it seems that Sarkisian was unable to execute the offense correctly/effectively. It stands to reason that something like that could have a trickle down effect with the rest of the staff/team. Don’t get me wrong there are still core fundamentals of football that players are always held accountable for. Sarkisian showed bright spots this season, but they were few and far between. 

Regardless of what people wanted to believe coming into this season, Sark does not run the same offense as Kyle does. Nobody runs the same offense as Kyle does, actually. Because of that, there will be learning curves. Also because of that, players that worked well in Kyle's system will not work well here. Remember when everybody hated Kyle for not using Roddy? Now everyone hates Sark for not using Turbo. Some players just don't fit what the OC is trying to do. Kyle didn't get so much better year two because he got a bunch of better players, he got better because he got a bunch of His players, and those he kept had his playbook down much better. 

I don't know if Sark will manage the same leap, but assuming he won't is not logical.

3 hours ago, Lornoth said:

Regardless of what people wanted to believe coming into this season, Sark does not run the same offense as Kyle does. Nobody runs the same offense as Kyle does, actually. Because of that, there will be learning curves. Also because of that, players that worked well in Kyle's system will not work well here. Remember when everybody hated Kyle for not using Roddy? Now everyone hates Sark for not using Turbo. Some players just don't fit what the OC is trying to do. Kyle didn't get so much better year two because he got a bunch of better players, he got better because he got a bunch of His players, and those he kept had his playbook down much better. 

I don't know if Sark will manage the same leap, but assuming he won't is not logical.

So are you saying Sark needs to get some of HIS players from college to make his offense work?