Jump to content

Vikings receivers > Falcons receivers


DogIsYourName
 Share

Recommended Posts

Would've been nice if it was us, but thanks to the Vikings I feel great!!!  I'm pulling for the VIkings the rest of the way!

Now that's how you do it!  Theilen and Diggs both make crazy catches all game long.  It's not scheme or coaching -- it's making a **** play.  It's jumping up and catching the ball with a defender hanging on you.  It's coming down and keeping your feet and breaking the Saints' hearts!!!!! 

The main difference between our performance and the Vikings is their playmakers made plays!  They beat their guys 1 v 1 and took the game!  Julio and Sanu did not do it enough this year.  Last night they let our season slip through their hands.  They need to take note and come to play next year!  Until then, GO VIKINGS!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Scott1988 said:

we have nobody outside of Julio 

Somebody else needs to get open or design plays to get them open.  Truth is Shanny had these guys open all over the field last season.  Think about that for a few seconds?  And I don't want to be bringing Shanny (who cost us a SB) up all the time either, I'm just saying.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Scott1988 said:

just a reminder Adam Theilen was an UDFA and Stefon Diggs was a 5th round pick; you don't have to pick high to get a great WR

No its just a total crapshoot don’t pretend it isn’t.  No team really expects much more than a practice squad player in the 5th round

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Somebody else needs to get open or design plays to get them open.  Truth is Shanny had these guys open all over the field last season.  Think about that for a few seconds?  And I don't want to be bringing Shanny (who cost us a SB) up all the time either, I'm just saying.  

You know, I'm not sure Ryan hits them this season though. Unless the completions were also a product of how Shanny schemed. But Ryan hasn't been as on target this year whatever the reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, fuego said:

You know, I'm not sure Ryan hits them this season though. Unless the completions were also a product of how Shanny schemed. But Ryan hasn't been as on target this year whatever the reason.

They were a scheming issue.  And yes, there were drops, but look at how open people were last season and watch how many times Ice threw into tight coverage.  That's not all on the WRs.  Also, you're right, Ice wasn't on his game like he was last season, but throwing to wide open WRs will do that for a QB.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

They were a scheming issue.  And yes, there were drops, but look at how open people were last season and watch how many times Ice threw into tight coverage.  That's not all on the WRs.  Also, you're right, Ice wasn't on his game like he was last season, but throwing to wide open WRs will do that for a QB.

Teams were able to defend us because we have deficiencies in o-line play. Not sure why we reduced the play action game, or the bootleg read plays, but we rarely got protection that allowed Matt to have the success of the previous season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DogIsYourName said:

Would've been nice if it was us, but thanks to the Vikings I feel great!!!  I'm pulling for the VIkings the rest of the way!

Now that's how you do it!  Theilen and Diggs both make crazy catches all game long.  It's not scheme or coaching -- it's making a **** play.  It's jumping up and catching the ball with a defender hanging on you.  It's coming down and keeping your feet and breaking the Saints' hearts!!!!! 

The main difference between our performance and the Vikings is their playmakers made plays!  They beat their guys 1 v 1 and took the game!  Julio and Sanu did not do it enough this year.  Last night they let our season slip through their hands.  They need to take note and come to play next year!  Until then, GO VIKINGS!!!

D@mn you, I was just coming in here to make that thread. I would trade Julio today for both those guys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, ultron said:

Not sure why we reduced the play action game...

My biggest pet peeve about Sark's play calling. With our run game you could literally have Ryan behind center every snap and either run the ball or play action. We play actioned about one out of 3 pass plays last year and Ryan was the #1 QB in play action success. In the Jags first drive today they play actioned 4 times. 3 in a row all were longer passes and complete. Marched right down the field. The 4th was  a near the goal line a play action and then a roll out to the right that wasn't successful. The lack of play action boggles my mind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

D@mn you, I was just coming in here to make that thread. I would trade Julio today for both those guys.

Ahhh that would be dumb...this is the Vikings 1st time in the playoffs since 4 or 5 years ago I believe. Julio has been in the playoffs back to back...plus the Vikings are not winning the bowl so trading Julio for those two that had 1 good year is nonsense

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...