Paradigm Shift In NFL

On 1/14/2018 at 8:50 PM, Mega Flare said:

It's getting back to the days when QB was just another position, instead of one that's overemphasized.  Football should be about the team instead of stars that the league changes the rules to overprotect.  Glad to see some nobody QB's getting a shot, and the lines and D's getting some credit.

Army vs SD State and the Army vs Navy game were my best all year.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/14/2018 at 8:50 PM, Mega Flare said:

It's getting back to the days when QB was just another position, instead of one that's overemphasized.  Football should be about the team instead of stars that the league changes the rules to overprotect.  Glad to see some nobody QB's getting a shot, and the lines and D's getting some credit.

Post of the thread!

On 1/15/2018 at 1:20 PM, MilleniumFalcon said:

Two brain-farts that could've been an all NFC South NFC Championship game. Falcons are a Sark brain-fart play calling series away from being in. Saints are a Marcus Williams brain-fart away from being in. Elite Defenses matter but it was also so close to having Brees, Brady, Ryan, and Bortles in the final 4.

Or Ben, Brady, Brees and Ryan.

That still would have been four top 10 scoring defenses.

On 1/15/2018 at 1:33 PM, RichardCNile said:

I think the shift is toward Defense.  

You need an efficient offense, but you need a lights out defense.  

Also, one contributing factor is that the Ref's try to 'let them play' in the post season.  So Defenses get a way with a lot more in the post season, thus making them stronger/better.  

While we lost Saturday to the Eagles, I don't think there is a single Falcons fan that felt we got outplayed or that our offense should have put up more than 10 points.  If we get a few things sorted out this offseason with the offense, we should be back and ready to make another run next year.  Back to back playoffs is a big step for this franchise.  

Had back to back to back playoffs in 2010, 2011 and 2012.

9 hours ago, #22 said:

This reminded me quite a lot of the 2012 Ravens winning Super Bowl XLVII. A fortunate play at the end of the game to beat the Broncos in the divisional game

and a strong dominating defense throughout the playoffs. Joe played well too.

Yeah I don't think giving up 35 points or 24 points suggest a paradigm is on the rise. Lucky play is just a lucky play. If the Vikings don' get that play, we're talking about Brees and Brady possibly matching up in the Superbowl(I like the Jags btw).