Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

KOG

89 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, IA Falcon07 said:

I don’t think dline would have been such a big concern this season had Hageman not been an idiot and Crawford stayed healthy. Looked like a solid unit coming into the season. 

Look at the amount of money the Falcons have tied up in the DL. Look at the ages of the players. The only young guys we've got are Takk, Beasley and Jarrett. Here's the ages of the guys on the team and their 2018 age.

• Ahtyba Rubin = 32
  • Brooks Reed = 31
  • Adrian Clayborn = 30
  • Jack Crawford = 30
  • Joe Vellano = 30
  • Derrick Shelby = 29
  • Courtney Upshaw = 28

That's not even talking about their salaries and the cap hits moving forward. I'm just saying, it would be nice to start developing the next wave of talent at the DL. One of the reasons the Giants had a dominant pass rush for years was that they developed a line of talent so that when older guys left they had younger guys on the team to replace them.

Jerz #Quinning likes this

13 hours ago, TSprings said:

Trading back is overrated. You can only have 53 players on the roster. It is more important to get the guy you want... i.e Trufant, Takk, even Jones. 

Brian Poole says the guy you want may not be the guy you should draft.  According to Elias Sports Bureau, there are more UDFA in the NFL than there are 1st & 2nd round picks combined.  More picks is always a good thing

Falconsfan567 likes this

On 1/15/2018 at 2:25 PM, HMFIC said:

I'm OK with that as long as we get a good guard or Tackle in FA.  We need someone to step right up and pick up the slack from day one.

really wouldn't be that difficult.  Everyone thought Chester was trash then Wes came in and showed how big of a loss a seasoned, and strong vet is. It's difficult to find a rookie guard that is day one ready. It actually may be the most difficult position (other than pk and P) to plug and play. They tend to need a few offseasons of weight training(as well as human growth which stops at 25-27 for males.

On 1/15/2018 at 2:43 PM, Smiler11 said:

Trades in these games are always wacky. Some good players in there, but the only way we'd end with that many picks is if we threw in Ryan and Julio. 

Julio

On 1/15/2018 at 4:02 PM, Falconsfan567 said:

Yeah.

Everyone seems to be missing that I did a more realistic one that involved trading down from 27 to 32 which picked me up an extra 2nd. If we ended up with this draft I'd be through the roof.

No Bo

On 1/15/2018 at 4:02 PM, Falconsfan567 said:

Yeah.

Everyone seems to be missing that I did a more realistic one that involved trading down from 27 to 32 which picked me up an extra 2nd. If we ended up with this draft I'd be through the roof.

me too thats awesome 

Falconsfan567 likes this

On 1/15/2018 at 10:51 PM, Falconsin2012 said:

Brian Poole says the guy you want may not be the guy you should draft.  According to Elias Sports Bureau, there are more UDFA in the NFL than there are 1st & 2nd round picks combined.  More picks is always a good thing

Tell that to the Browns

On 1/15/2018 at 10:51 PM, Falconsin2012 said:

How does that make it a good thing??

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

You don't think runs with power?

I don't see anything from him that makes me say "wow". Le'Veon Bell made me say wow. Jay Ajayi made me say wow. 

He could be good in the NFL but I wouldn't get excited. @Knight of God knows my dudes this year is Kallen Ballage.

Knight of God likes this

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

I don't see anything from him that makes me say "wow". Le'Veon Bell made me say wow. Jay Ajayi made me say wow. 

He could be good in the NFL but I wouldn't get excited. @Knight of God knows my dudes this year is Kallen Ballage.

We'll just have to disagree on that front. BTW, Harris isn't in the draft this year. He's elected to return for his Senior year. But KOG will tell you, Harris is a Michael Turner clone, but faster.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

We'll just have to disagree on that front. BTW, Harris isn't in the draft this year. He's elected to return for his Senior year. But KOG will tell you, Harris is a Michael Turner clone, but faster.

Idk man, I'll revisit him last year and watch some more but at first glance I wasn't impressed.

38 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Ok went back and looked some more I see the power but didn't see many instances of it, it was a small sample size but I was impressed.

What I liked most was his vision and change of direction. Man could cut a perfect edge on the turf if he wanted to. 

His jump cuts were quick and smooth too. He doesn't hesitate. He knows where he wants to go and he gets there.

Falconsfan567 likes this

8 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Lots of crap tackling technique in this video.

A good runner always brings that out..lol

8 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Ok went back and looked some more I see the power but didn't see many instances of it, it was a small sample size but I was impressed.

What I liked most was his vision and change of direction. Man could cut a perfect edge on the turf if he wanted to. 

His jump cuts were quick and smooth too. He doesn't hesitate. He knows where he wants to go and he gets there.

Now we're talking. I like his vision too.

Ovie_Lover likes this