Falcons Fan MVP

Who on our current roster do you think WILL NOT be on our roster next year?

31 posts in this topic

Anyone else remember Taylor Gabriel of 2016 where he would have some amazing comeback routes and amazing contested, difficult catches that he would haul in for a 1st down on a key 3rd down play? I mean, he was more than just the screen guy, (which he excels at don't get me wrong), but man I miss that execution and deliberate attention we gave to him....and this year he seemed like a bum. I doubt he comes back just because of how he might feel about never being used. It is sad.

3 hours ago, PADirtyBird said:

Call me crazy but I think there is a very good chance Tevin won’t be back.  He’s going into the last year of his contract and this will be the last chance to try and get some compensation for him.  I doubt they’ll resign him and devote that much money to two backs.

I hope that we sign Tevin Coleman to a long contract although I know the odds are against it. 

Andre roberts

gabriel

Williams

levitre

coleman

poe

....whoever said Allen I don’t think has a good handle on how much the coaching stuff thinks highly of him.

Some people have been trying to get rid of Allen but the Coaches love him and he has become one of the leaders. Yall need to forget about it!

14 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

They need to get Gabriel the ball more. 

Agreed. I truly do feel they did not go deep enough into their bag of tricks this year anywhere close to what they did last year.  But then again that was the same thing in 2015 when the offense called for Julio to get the ball almost 200 times that season and no one else really had much of a stat line.  I really hope that with an early exit, DQ, TD, Sark and MR can get on the same page build this offense and excel in areas that we were so poor in last year.  Offense was different plays, but having the interior lineman different changed a lot as well as we could see plenty of times the screens had not developed blocking yet by the time Gabriel caught the ball leading to him being tackled almost immediately while watching the blocker sprint to catch up.  He's not going to out jump anyone and I think that was the mistake made a few times this year sending him deep.  He is fast enough to beat everyone by a step, but not run man to man with someone and try to outjump a 50/50 ball.  He's our YAC guy, Juilo is our everything guy, Sanu is our Jack of all trades guy and Hardy is our clutch third down guy.  Hooper needs to up his game, and should we decide to bring in competition Im all for it, but i truly feel he can be our dominant guy at the position. especially since hes only in year 2 going on 3.  We all talk about the 13 players with TDs last year, that same thing can happen if our OC can learn to gameplan accordingly to how we work best in this type of offense.  Motions, screens, mismatches, and being able to confuse the defense.  We don't need to overpower them, just confuse them enough to cause mismatches because they aren't sure what will happen because our players will always be in different positions along the offense.  I hate that Julio was not placed in motion more often and Gabriel kept lining up out wide when not in a screen.  Again, lets hope with an early exit and a whole year of adapting, this team can adjust the offense and get back to balancing out the defense, because if we can get halfway between where we are now and where the defense is....**** this could be a team for the ages.

Gabriel ???   really  let him go and keep Nick Williams and M Hall  Really?

DT  Poe Rubin are UFAs  that leaves Crawford(IR) and Ives (PS)

Weatherspoon  most likely --depends on draft

D Coleman (FB)  hard to find good FBs now days---- so it depends

DEs ??? Reed, Clayborn, McKinley, Upshaw, Shelby, J't Jones ??? 1 or 2 go--depends on draft----also where they play Beasley next year