Falcons Fan MVP

Who on our current roster do you think WILL NOT be on our roster next year?

31 posts in this topic

I'm not asking who you would get rid of. I'm asking who you think Dan Quinn and Thomas D and the rest of the coaching staff will likely release?

9 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Not necessarily cut but many might be UFA

Derrick Coleman

Brooks Reid 

Gabriel 

I will miss Gabriel. He is a beast if you know how to use him. D. Coleman bye! Lol

Clayborn. He won’t be released but I don’t think he is on the roster next year and that was the initial question.

someone else will pay him more than the 3-4M troff will offer.

Potentially Sanu.  His guaranteed money is paid.  He will cost $6M to keep.  Depends if we find someone else that is a better #2.  Sanu was better in year 1 than year 2.

Depending on how they prioritize signings, Levitre, Coleman and Gabriel are more likely.  I think Gabriel stands a good chance to re-sign because of his down year he might come back for a cheaper deal, but some may view his potential and give him a good deal anyways.  If we draft Olineman then that could spell the end for Levitre unless he takes a paycut.  and EVERYBODY will want an upgrade over Coleman.  

Others like Poe, Clayborn, and Brooks will also depend on the direction our draft and FA take us.  If we choose not to draft a high DT, we pay be able to rent Poe for another year, especially after we gain some more cap room with deals in the offseason like MRs new contract.  I also dont think that Clayborn will come as expensive as most people are stating.  He had one really good game with 6 sacks against 2 backup tackles.  He should merit a decent contract but nothing earthshaking.  With that being said we can still reload this team with the few keys spots and be able to draft prospects to go with our developing youth and still put a dominance on that field if we are able to get execution down.  I have faith this team will do what it needs to, as long as we do not make HUGE drastic changes all over the place.  Drafting the top ranked G would be a good idea if it helps us overall and we don't sacrifice a bunch to get it done. I think Allen is going to be our safety for the foreseeable future and anyone who thinks we are going to try trading for someone or sign a big name free agent after our defense improved into the top 10 with Allen being a centerpiece of this chess st is smoking that funky stuff.  Kazee might overtake him one day, but we can't (and the term I use on here a lot) play madden no matter how much we want to believe it can be done in real life.

22 minutes ago, DogIsYourName said:

Potentially Sanu.  His guaranteed money is paid.  He will cost $6M to keep.  Depends if we find someone else that is a better #2.  Sanu was better in year 1 than year 2.

I hope we keep Sanu. He is very important.

16 minutes ago, federicofalcon2 said:

Depending on how they prioritize signings, Levitre, Coleman and Gabriel are more likely.  I think Gabriel stands a good chance to re-sign because of his down year he might come back for a cheaper deal, but some may view his potential and give him a good deal anyways.  If we draft Olineman then that could spell the end for Levitre unless he takes a paycut.  and EVERYBODY will want an upgrade over Coleman.  

Others like Poe, Clayborn, and Brooks will also depend on the direction our draft and FA take us.  If we choose not to draft a high DT, we pay be able to rent Poe for another year, especially after we gain some more cap room with deals in the offseason like MRs new contract.  I also dont think that Clayborn will come as expensive as most people are stating.  He had one really good game with 6 sacks against 2 backup tackles.  He should merit a decent contract but nothing earthshaking.  With that being said we can still reload this team with the few keys spots and be able to draft prospects to go with our developing youth and still put a dominance on that field if we are able to get execution down.  I have faith this team will do what it needs to, as long as we do not make HUGE drastic changes all over the place.  Drafting the top ranked G would be a good idea if it helps us overall and we don't sacrifice a bunch to get it done. I think Allen is going to be our safety for the foreseeable future and anyone who thinks we are going to try trading for someone or sign a big name free agent after our defense improved into the top 10 with Allen being a centerpiece of this chess st is smoking that funky stuff.  Kazee might overtake him one day, but we can't (and the term I use on here a lot) play madden no matter how much we want to believe it can be done in real life.

They need to get Gabriel the ball more. 

Poe is likely gone as he is too expensive and will want more than a 1-year deal

Roberts clearly was not an answer for returns

Derrick Coleman will hopefully go elsewhere and/or we will invest in a better FB

Gabriel would be wise to go elsewhere

Sanu is not going anywhere as there is no replacement for him, Levitre is injured and will get a chance to hang around given his production, Clayborn had his moments to justify keeping, Reed has always appeared one of Quinn's favorites, Ishmael will probably not be too hard to keep, and Allen kept his job over Kazee this year and should hang around.

Poe wants to stay but the numbers he's going to get elsewhere may not allow it. 

Levitre might be a cap casualty, especially if there's a cheaper, younger veteran option at guard who is just as good. 

Reed or even Clayborne might also be gone. With McKinley emerging and a need to put Beasley at end to rush full-time, that might allow for one of them to bolt. 

Schweitzer, Garland, or Harlow. With the likelihood of them adding a veteran right guard to start, there's no doubt that at least one of them are as good as gone. Make that two if Levitre returns. 

Hardy, Hall, possibly Roberts, and maybe even Gabriel if he can't get himself more involved in the passing game other than the occasional screen. Opposing teams didn't pay the price for placing at least half of their secondary on Julio. Sanu is good but he can't be your only other option at receiver who can manage to get open while JJ is getting double and triple-teamed. Translation: expect an upgrade here as well. 

Coleman is a good story and all but you just can't bring him back. As much as we complain about Chester no longer being here, Dimarco was a much bigger loss than I could've imagined. They have to be looking at other options, athough they might be looking to cheap out at this position to save $$$...

Edited by ratesforless

I'm over Gabriel, he can go shock and awe in San Francisco because if Sark stays then he doesn't know how to use him. Derrick Coleman, while I admire him for being able to make it as a deaf man in the NFL, to be perfectly honest, dude straight sucked. I honestly would love to keep everybody else on the roster. I'm glad I'm not the GM

For what they'll get paid/offered, Rubin did more for us than did Poe, so he'd be my resign.  Obviously we should all be in agreement that D Coleman must go.  And Andre Roberts was a detriment... by extension, Kieth Armstrong should go with him, continuing to allow him on the field.  As much as I like Gabriel, he'll likely go to San Fran, but it's not like he can't be replaced, even through the draft.  He's just fast and shifty; we can replace that.  Sanu, under contract, is an easy keep at 6Mil.

Ishmael is too versatile to let go, as is Garland.

NeonDeion likes this

1 hour ago, DogIsYourName said:

1 hour ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

They need to get Gabriel the ball more. 

I think they are both collateral damage of Sark being hired. 

Find it very hard to believe Sanu won’t be here. He is so good in the run and pass game. 

The Falcons need to get rid of Derrick Coleman and Andre Roberts first — two biggest liabilities. I’d wait until the draft to see how it unfolds, but if we draft a guard, Levitre is gone. If we draft another edge rusher, Reed is gone. Clay probably will ride his 6 sack performance into a nice deal somewhere else. Poe will command 8-10/per and I’m not sure he’s worth that, especially if we draft a NT. Shelby will be cut next offseason Id Imagine. 

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

Call me crazy but I think there is a very good chance Tevin won’t be back.  He’s going into the last year of his contract and this will be the last chance to try and get some compensation for him.  I doubt they’ll resign him and devote that much money to two backs.

On 1/14/2018 at 1:16 PM, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Coleman (FB), Gabriel, Reed, Upshaw

Possibly Allen not being resigned

Allen is coming back. Bank on it. He may be close to his ceiling but the guy continues to improve and show leadership.

48 minutes ago, PADirtyBird said:

Call me crazy but I think there is a very good chance Tevin won’t be back.  He’s going into the last year of his contract and this will be the last chance to try and get some compensation for him.  I doubt they’ll resign him and devote that much money to two backs.

The Falcons are not that foolish. These days you have to have two really good backs, and Teco is too versatile to let walk. The Falcons will clear space to sign Coleman. Dimitroff will let Poe and Gabrielle walk, cut Weatherspoon and some other aging players. Not to mention the cap goes up, and they'll do new deals with Ryan and others to lower their cap hits. The draft should tell the future of several on this team, but I doubt it will be Coleman going to another team.