stizz

BREAKING -- Members of defense were NOT happy postgame

268 posts in this topic

Hearing some rumblings that the locker room was not happy after the game. Guys on defense weren't happy with offense personnel and felt they blew the game.

What I can confirm is Takk was in that group and I later saw was him liking a tweet about Sark's questionable calls. Rico Allen was also upset and is said to have openly questioned what the end game was in that sequence on the final drive. The offense was said to have just listened on without causing much of a fuss. 

Still talking to my source and hoping someone from ATL media has the gall to report it. Stand by guys.

Edited by stizz

Just like the O was justified in losing games 33-30 last year, the D has every right to be pizzed losing games 14-9 and 15-10 this year. 

The problem is unless Matt Ryan chooses to exert the tremendous influence he has in the organization, don't expect major changes on the offensive side. 

This is a little discussed aspect of the 'fire Sark' debate.  The poor offensive performance this season, and in particular this last game is demoralizing for everyone on the team. It screams for showing some level of accountability. Yet another good reason to have Sark hit the bricks.

3 minutes ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

Just like the O was justified in losing games 33-30 last year, the D has every right to be pizzed losing games 14-9 and 15-10 this year. 

The problem is unless Matt Ryan chooses to exert the tremendous influence he has in the organization, don't expect major changes on the offensive side. 

this is what scares me the most. For years, everyone saw that Sam Baker wasn't the answer at LT and yet Ryan loyally stood by a man who had 3 back surgeries in 5 years. At some point Ryan and Julio have to take their **** up to Blank's office and say "Hey man, we need to do this this and this. This dude is a good guy, but not a good football player. This dude means well, but he isn't an NFL coach."

It really is that really is that simple, especially when they know they are practically the only locks currently on the team to retire as Falcons.

ssj5gal, Skip, Falx and 3 others like this

If people are honest, we were out coached/ out played on both sides of the ball. The only reason Philly didn't score more points is because they threw into the 12th man (the wind) for two quarters.

Doug Pederson took a backup QB, installed a new plan of attack tailored to him and kicked us in the teeth... so both sides failed... but yes the offense is the primary let down this season.

Players are accountable and are cut when they do not perform, coaches should be also and even general managers should be too.The defense did their job and held up pretty well under heavy pressure and the special teams also got the offense into position to score, but the offense production was like 1977 when Scott Hunter and Haskel Stanback were our stars.

12 minutes ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

Matt Ryan should exert his influence by giving up some of his considerable contract in order to sign a very good FA OG.  That is the sort of influence that really matters.

Falx, Slappywhite and shock like this

23 minutes ago, stizz said:

Hearing some rumblings that the locker room was not happy after the game. Guys on defense weren't happy with offense personnel and felt they blew the game.

What I can confirm is Takk was in that group and I later saw was him liking a tweet about Sark's questionable calls. Rico Allen was also upset and is said to have openly questioned what the end game was in that sequence on the final drive. The offense was said to have just listened on without causing much of a fuss. 

Still talking to my source and hoping someone from ATL media has the gall to report it. Stand by guys.

COOL STORY DEFENSE... LETS TAKE A LOOK AT THE SUPER BOWL SHALL WE? 

I hate sark as well but lets not act like the defense is free of blame.. 3pts to end half was easily preventable yet.. our defense routinely gives up points before half

2 minutes ago, gtjackets1729 said:

Defense had a chance to not allow the 3 points at the end of the first half and they blew it. We win if that doesn't happen. Blame goes to both sides

I wouldn't say they blew it.  What blew it was the defensive scheme they were in.  They defended against the deep pass only.  They should have played the sidelines within FG range.  Given the appropriate defensive scheme, I feel confident they would have defended against that last pass.

Penumbra, osiruz, caponine and 1 other like this

Tell you what that's some weak *** chit you win and lose as a team.

I wonder if members of the offense went upto the defense last year and told them to pull there heads out of there butts because they being the offense carried them.

Its ok to be disappointed I get that but within the group you don't throw teammates or coaches under the bus.If you have a beef about it you do it within the confines of your locker room and deal with it in house.

Reports and social media tweets disappoint me,it shows no discipline and immaturity.

7 minutes ago, atljbo said:

Everybody saw takk like that sark twitter post

Not everyone is on twitter.

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

Tell you what that's some weak *** chit you win and lose as a team.

I wonder if members of the offense went upto the defense last year and told them to pull there heads out of there butts because they being the offense carried them.

Its ok to be disappointed I get that but within the group you don't throw teammates or coaches under the bus.If you have a beef about it you do it within the confines of your locker room and deal with it in house.

Reports and social media tweets disappoint me,it shows no discipline and immaturity.

Seattle south